What Happend

compaired to for 10years ago it seems much better theese days imo. all you could do back in the days was nether
atroxhunt at the oilrig :> aranetrox hunt in the valley or just stand and shoot the PED up in the rings gaining skills =)

compaired to for 10years ago it seems much better theese days imo. all you could do back in the days was nether
atroxhunt at the oilrig :> aranetrox hunt in the valley or just stand and shoot the PED up in the rings gaining skills =)

I want a game of skill, not a game of luck.
This. Brevity.

But you do realize this means that players can lose, and often? A lot of game companies are against the idea of people losing. They want to give every player the sense that they can win. Making gameplay automatic ensures that everyone has a chance to make it big. Keeping things simple ensures people don't give up.

I think that's my biggest complaint. Everything becomes too automatic and boring.

Now, that doesn't mean there's no measure of skill. There is lots of knowledge to get you up the ladder. You have to know what you're spending versus what you're losing. You have to know which weapons and ammo and mod combinations are cheap and which aren't. You have to know how to price your service or product so it will sell and you will be happy with the result. You have to know which websites to go to. You have to have friends you can trust and learn from. And so on. There's a lot of knowledge to be learned. But when you scrape away everything, at the core, it's still automatic. Anything gained is from MU.

MU is where all the profit is, really. Even the most skilled player can't profit. The system ensures that any profit that comes to you comes from other players. But it reminds me more of Wall Street than Beethoven. The kind of skill you really need to profit is self-centered and inhuman. But I guess it reflects on the real world.

Maybe I'm naive to think that a profit can be honorable.

That's the heart of it. When I dig deep, the feel I get is disgust. I have to walk away.

This game resembles Wall Street too much. That type of skill just doesn't have any soul.

We use people in RL too, but we do it with their knowledge. We don't exploit their ignorance. Exploiting ignorance is just bieng a coward, being a cheater, whatever. There's no joy in that. No human.

Last edited:
This. Brevity.

This game resembles Wall Street too much. That type of skill just doesn't have any soul.
:lolup: Real cash Eco

V 10 is really where the game went down hill. I wasnt around for SGA I think that was SGA MA FPC or whom ever is running it now way of trying to offer a few of the never drops items i fall in the game. v 10 lost way to many players. yea the grapx look cook and all that, but it lost a good 40% if not more players ( and i call players anyone that just wants to log on and play) . IDK maybe everyone went to the other planets..Can only hope with the new planets and such that big and better items will drop.. But still like most of you i will still pop in and play, bitch about loot till im the lucky one..

WHY?
Because............

Yes! Just like everything else in the real world. Tailored over time for maximum profit.

...V 10 is really where the game went down hill...

In a way, yes.
Mindark underestimated what it would take to run the new graphic engine on the user side. Understandable in a way, my guess is that CRY blew some sunshine up their a**es when promoting it.
Mindark also underestimated the standard of the computers used by the players.

In my opinion that is what made the game drop in popularity and numbers of users.

Still, if MA haven't taken that step to improve game visuals and engine we would have seen the same drop of participants over time until today. The game was simply to ugly compared to what the market provided when it came to looks and general feel to attract new players.

So what was done had to be done. Simple as that. This is truly a much better game today than it was pre VU10.

Mischief said:
This is truly a much better game today than it was pre VU10.
I'm going to ask you to qualify that Mischief. What makes the game so much better in your eyes?

I see lots of shiny new toys that we can drive/fly around and PvP in, some new planets (and space) with new mobs and new resources - but that's it.
All the old drawbacks are still there, there still isn't a way to get items coloured/textured without risk (as Popeye's lack of ul Sleipnir demonstrates) and the FL is still as small as it was to mention the first two that spring to mind.
MF attacks now give Jamming skill rather than Dodge - less useful to 98% of us but a boon to MA in that it means skill points won't go towards Dodge thus needing more PED spending on increasing it.
More types of hides, rocks and goo (and crystals on NI) means more stacks to hold onto until there's enough in inventory to make them worth auctioning - again, more PEDs tied up in items creating a need to deposit more (or more regularly.)

And, although, as a player I dislike this, I can't blame MA for wanting to increase their revenue.
But does it make the game better for the players? In my opinion, no, it doesn't. It's the same old game with a shiny new hat on, that's all.

Over to you :)

Yeah, I hear you and you are right about the old shortcomings of MA of course.
Still, the new shiny toys is what makes the game better. It's better looking, we got a more versatile universe which in term mean a more varied game play. New players can find new ways of finding their way around. Sure, new players will have a hard time if not depositing but then again, not depositing really isn't what this game is about, is it.
Missions take the edge of the PED hunt, creating other values than just chase the bucks important.

:)

New players can find new ways of finding their way around.

Very true, it's a night and day difference now finding new TPs and being rescued from outposts.
But damn! I miss the good old TP runs, showing noobs the invisible water on the way to Billy's from Swamp and offering 1 PED to anyone who could run across the hole ;)

Yeah, those were the days! :laugh:

Back