What happened to Hangers

Korin Dante MDe

Prowler
What happened to Hangers as new motherships have come for interplanetary travels? What happened to the investments the hanger owners made?

Those who owned hangers got a privateer, an UL thruster and the new improved, completely useless and will forever be useless....hanger.

Hangers exist, but have no use and according to MA they have zero plans to make them useful.

So those investments basically changed into privateer warp ships. which go from 45k base to 90k I think is highest sold (had alot of hitpoints) atm.

those investments basically changed into privateer warp ships

This, plus you get an awesome hangar-shaped apartment for free.

If MA would just gave the ships with some ordinary looking houses as a compensation for estates, the owners would never have thought up that they're "deprived" of something.

Those who owned hangers got a privateer, an UL thruster and the new improved, completely useless and will forever be useless....hanger.

Hangers exist, but have no use and according to MA they have zero plans to make them useful.

They just take a large space in the landscape and no mining is allowed in a large range around hangars. YES, they are useless, and it is one more issue about bad game development.

What has actually been said about this is:

1) There are currently no plans for the hangars (by Kim, of the Calypso PP dev team).
2) Mindark has some ideas, but no current decision on development related to hangars (Bjorn, of Mindark, over on EntropiaForum).

At some point MA needs to make space and ships comparable to other space MMOs. Space as it stands is half arsed and very sketchy when you compare it to the space set up of some of the big space games. Once they improve the graphics, flight AI and landing on planets we may see hangars being used.

At current space system hangars are here only to prevent bitching of former owners in old flight system. In other words todays space can work way it is working without any hangars.

I cant see how they could ever actually use hangers without making a copy on each planet, and I highly doubt PP's want to see the massive hangers dot the landscape.

That is the core problem with hangers, they were built on a planet when it was the only one. And now with 5 planets a couple moons and more to come....I cant see how they could catch up.

I cant see how they could ever actually use hangers without making a copy on each planet, and I highly doubt PP's want to see the massive hangers dot the landscape..........................

You do Not need hangars on other planets-all you need is the ability to land-anywhere on any planet-within reason.
MA sorta.......promised Privateers the ability to land on planet sometime............in the future we're still and probably always will be waiting for this........

only good thing is that they are like an apartment with all the amenities found in mobile service centers.
I fear we will never see another use for them.

completely useless and will forever be useless....hanger.
A building to house shopkeepers that comes with it's own terminals, a thing that costs LA owners a bunch if they want to put on their LAs isn't exactly what I'd call useless.

I cant see how they could ever actually use hangers without making a copy on each planet, and I highly doubt PP's want to see the massive hangers dot the landscape.

they would not need to dot the landscape... simply put the hangers around the Space Stations at each planet, sort of similar to the old hanger docks at the old CND...it's kinda like that now, but they could do more with it...

Back