What happened to the acused Bot users?

Status

Ted

Old Alpha
Tor Ted Hovi
I had this old thread bookmarked to see if any public statement was ever made from ma:

Hmm..is the banned bots players back again?

Marco even commented on it once and made me hope for a "Open trial"
Marcos Reply

But..... It seems to me the only thing they are doing to stop the "rumour mongering gone wild" is to try to sweep it all under the table.
3 months have pased and the "Investigation" should have ended by now?

Not the way to go if you ask me.

Anyone have any more info?
Have I missed some press release for Marco about this?
Will it all end up under the carpet like the acused trapping of the Spider with the ATH?

i would have liked a more public conducted investigation, to show that the EULA is followed and demonstrate that cheaters really will be dealt with. As it is we seem to have had nothing happen at all, and who ever was involved will just quietly return with no punishment.

MA doesnt like us seeing what they do for some reason. They could have set a nice example with these guys.

well, EULA should be more kind of a contract between player and service provider aka MA. so far it protects MA more than players, strict but true. yes, some cases are known when it helps players aswell but it's mainly about how game creators are protected from us :)

on the other hand, I'm pretty sure that the bad guys got punished. the more likely version is that they were banned. and as majority of them were never very active in forums, they do not think about posting here that they are sorry for what they did and that they admit being banned permanently.

heh, I just recalled I did put some letters in a row about it once... there it is : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=401106#post401106. :)

so, Marco, which one was it - did they get a ban or were they punished in some softer way (forced to sell out etc.)? :scratch2:

"...and trees continued to grow, Calypso had a fine 24/7 sunshine on it, like it always used to have..."

cheers,

J.

i would have liked a more public conducted investigation, to show that the EULA is followed and demonstrate that cheaters really will be dealt with. As it is we seem to have had nothing happen at all, and who ever was involved will just quietly return with no punishment.

Good question! It looks like if at least one of them is selling out:rolleyes:

Yes, it would be nice to hear some news from Marco on this...
However, the investigation is still going on and the suspected avatars are still locked, as far as I know.

I doubt we will hear anything until the investigation is finished (if ever).

Thread title edited.

EntropiaForum is not an offical EntropiaUniverse support forum, therefore it is not allowed to address Mindark in thread titles:

Rule # 19
Addressing MindArk directly in thread titles is NOT allowed. EntropiaForum is a privately owned forum that has the honor of periodic visits and announcements from MindArk representatives. However, EF is NOT an official MindArk or EntropiaUniverse forum, so please do not address MindArk directly. MindArk is under no obligation to respond to any threads, posts or private messages. Similarly, please do NOT send support questions via PM to any of the MindArk representatives who visit EF; instead make use of the support section of the EntropiaUniverse official website.

Who?
Aren't you confusing Hyperion and Hieronyme? :scratch2:

Hyper was not just a simple auto-hunter, believe me.
he just had similar diagnosis as Stryker :laugh:

J.

Who?
Aren't you confusing Hyperion and Hieronyme? :scratch2:

I'm not judging anyone, was just thinking he was confusing those two since afaik one is locked and the other is selling skills.

no offence, I just wanted to clear Hyper's name prophylactically :)

J.

I'm not judging anyone, was just thinking he was confusing those two since afaik one is locked and the other is selling skills.

They are all still locked as far as i know.
2 of them own LA's which have not been cared for since they got locked and as such ran out of energized fertilizer.

It is getting close to a half year now that they are locked.
Is it not that after 6 month of no login all your items get turned into peds? I am curious what will happen with the LA's, mod FAP and other high end weapons and armors. I hope they go back into the loot pool.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

well i know i haven't seen all the names i herd globaling so i think they are all still locked.

If they are found guilty i think MA should Give away there LA's in some new sort of contest that anyone would have a chance at. Making more money by putting them back up on auction would certainly look fishy. Giving them out in a contest would look a lot better.

They are all still locked as far as i know.
2 of them own LA's which have not been cared for since they got locked and as such ran out of energized fertilizer.

It is getting close to a half year now that they are locked.
Is it not that after 6 month of no login all your items get turned into peds? I am curious what will happen with the LA's, mod FAP and other high end weapons and armors. I hope they go back into the loot pool.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

I've been thinking about it too. One of those LAs is one that I liked hunting on, but now you spend far more time looking for a mob than killing it. The whole area is useless, unless you're a miner I guess. If it's MA's intention to continue these investigations further, it would be nice for them to do something about the LAs so we could continue hunting on them. Sure there's plenty of other places to go, but it just seems like behavior of one person shouldn't have any impact whatsoever on anyone else or their "experience" within EU. Right?

The land owner's shoudn't benefit from it though. I think it would be nice if MA could find a compromise whereby they took control of the land temporarily with no benefit of activity going to the land owner considering it's not under his/her care, until such time as the matter is resolved.

well i know i haven't seen all the names i herd globaling so i think they are all still locked.

If they are found guilty i think MA should Give away there LA's in some new sort of contest that anyone would have a chance at. Making more money by putting them back up on auction would certainly look fishy. Giving them out in a contest would look a lot better.

IMO, only one of two things should be done with those LAs if the current owners are permantly banned. Either they should be sold at auction and the sale money given to the current owner or they should be incorporated into the land grab.

Hugs,
Aliana

Last edited:

Would be nice...

But MA claims to recycle the money from such auctions, and only take part of the decay money for themselfes, remember? :)

Yet again - If MA fail to very publicly Perm Ban on these avatars, with their assets stripped, should they be guilty, the message will be clear.

Botting in EU is acceptable to MA, and if you get caught, take a small holiday, when you get back start all over again, saving for the next holiday.

IMO, only one of two things should be done with those LAs if the current owners are permantly banned. Either they should be sold at auction and the sale money given to the current owner or they should be incorporated into the land grab.

err, no.

somebody who has been permanently banned for cheating should not be rewarded for it.

Why should the cheaters get money for the LAs? :eek: They probably got them by cheating anyway! Re-auction them and make some ATHs out of the income...

(i know this is stereotypical approach but IMO once cheater was, is and always will be a cheater not deserving any rights)

err, no.

somebody who has been permanently banned for cheating should not be rewarded for it.

Why should the cheaters get money for the LAs? :eek: They probably got them by cheating anyway! Re-auction them and make some ATHs out of the income...

(i know this is stereotypical approach but IMO once cheater was, is and always will be a cheater not deserving any rights)

Both of you are assuming that the LAs were purchased with ped accumulated through cheating. How do you know the land owners did not make a large deposit of their own money to purchase these? We will never know because we do not have access to the facts. Only MA and the person involved know what their deposit history is. Especially in such an instance, I don't see it as rewarding a cheater. I see it as giving them their money back and telling them we don't want your business. In most instances I would agree with you to let the hammer fall hard, but these circumstances need to be looked at more carefully.

In the event that the deposit records showed that less value in deposits were made than what the purchase price of the land was or that no larger than usual deposit was made just prior to the land auctions (or possible repurchase from another avatar?), it could certainly shift one's approach. I find that having two options, depending upon the circumstances, one that refunds an unwanted customer's money and one that doesn't benefit any one individual (a prize given away) is more reasonable.

It would also help MA avoid potential law suits from disgruntled previous customers who claim that their money was stolen. It takes a degree of diplomacy in business. If someone could be stripped of everything on the basis of suspected (and that's what it is right now) cheating, including personal assests recently invested into the universe, that could be very unsettling to future investors which is not good for business.

Hugs,
Aliana

Following people are still banned: Andy and Hieronyme from CC, Honorman, HunterZ and Nostrop from Riga Team.
Unbanned are Manic from CC and Rigas from Riga Team.
(info retrieved from another forum, i don't know the actual players)

I think MA will either unlock them soon or ban them but give them chance to get rid of their items/LA's.
Don't expect MA to just perm ban them without the chance of getting items back.
Some of these ppl (most of em) got over $100k in this game, MA don't want a major lawsuit.

IMO a lawsuit over wrongful repossession of items is inevitable. Mindark should consider forcing a suit on this specific case, since the breach of EULA was so egregious. A swift victory by Mindark would help to discourage future would-be plaintiffs.

Edit:

I also find it interesting that none of them have posted. That has to be a directive coming from Mindark, otherwise one of them surely would have done some public crying. The fact that they are cooperating with such a Mindark request indicates that MA has led them to believe that there is a chance of getting unlocked... ugh.

Afther a 500+ days of inactivity all assets of a account are turned into peds. And skills are set back to Zero.

Loging in on the website DOES protect u from losing your gear. And banned avatars can still do so.

If they are perm banned id say that all assests on the account should be given a 14 day grace period to sell, and do the cash out transfer, But that all skills will be set to zero, as those arnt assets and have directly been influenced by the botting.

That way a huge example will be set, law suit is highly unlikely then, and what is ingame will stay ingame.

When somebody hacks on the <other game> he gets banned, when somebody hacks on EU, he gets a holiday and a pardon?

If you are retarded enough to deposit (supposedly) 100k $ and then start violating EULA in such a disgusting manner, its all your fault.

If MA ever lets them back in, it will be one of the last nails in the coffin in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO a lawsuit over wrongful repossession of items is inevitable. Mindark should consider forcing a suit on this specific case, since the breach of EULA was so egregious. A swift victory by Mindark would help to discourage future would-be plaintiffs.

It very well could. However, if the amount of money Bruud mentioned is involved is accurate (or it's more) is combined with the fact that, afaik, no precident has yet been set in such a case, MA could also have a good amount of publicity on their hands and I'm not convinced that this is the type of publicity they would want.

Hugs,
Aliana

Tbh, I would actually like to see a lawsuit on the matter because would be some very interesting legal debates concerning VR property. But in any case, on this specific issue, I don't see how MindArk could loose, from the public available info and assumptions.

It very well could. However, if the amount of money Bruud mentioned is involved is accurate (or it's more) is combined with the fact that, afaik, no precident has yet been set in such a case, MA could also have a good amount of publicity on their hands and I'm not convinced that this is the type of publicity they would want.

Hugs,
Aliana

"Come play with us, we are cheat-free" sounds like awesome PR to me.

Tbh, I would actually like to see a lawsuit on the matter because would be some very interesting legal debates concerning VR property. But in any case, on this specific issue, I don't see how MindArk could loose, from the public available info and assumptions.

I think their best argument is the EULA itself. We all agree that MA owns everythng and this is a good example as to why it's written that way. MA can't take wrongful possession of something they already own.

Hugs,
Aliana

Don't expect MA to just perm ban them without the chance of getting items back.
Some of these ppl (most of em) got over $100k in this game, MA don't want a major lawsuit.

Didnt they agree to the same EULA we did, which says using bots is forbidden?

MA could also have a good amount of publicity on their hands and I'm not convinced that this is the type of publicity they would want.

I think when <other game> is continuing to eat your lunch in the media, the old adage "any press is good press" rings true.

I think when <other game> is continuing to eat your lunch in the media, the old adage "any press is good press" rings true.

If MA anounce things , and they do caught thief , its good press.
If try to hidde stuff , and press come to scandal from player blogs , its bad press.
When you manipulate money you need trust , and you win more trust saying you caught a thief then trying to hidde your lack of security...

Status
Back