What happened to the banks?

I sent an official inquiry for more information regarding the bank licensing- Still no response. Either they have the buyers picked out already or Marco brought back to much rice wine....

I did the same for probably same reasons, still no reply from more than two weeks ago.

I'm starting to wonder if MA's intent was for a third party to purchase these and not really a player or a society? I guess we just wait and see...

I'm starting to wonder if MA's intent was for a third party to purchase these and not really a player or a society? I guess we just wait and see...

It may be that the massive flaming the official announcement of the banks received here made them choose to back off for a while until everyone has cooled down and got used to the idea.

They were probably hoping for a reaction like:

:eek: :yay: :wtg:

But instead got:

:scratch2: :mad: :nutkick:

But, as you say, it is probably best to wait and see what happens now.

Likely, however if that's the case, I think it was not the best move to advertise licenses before newsworthy 3rd party buyer is found. I tend to think they realized there's more to banks than lending and decided to redo the system last minute a little bit.

Doesn't realy matter when the banks are auctioned. I don't think there would be many people willing to run a bank due to the risk of people making second avatars to take out a loan and then passing the cash to rip them off. Harder to track credit history if people don't have registered cards.

If there is a savings account option(used by most banks to get cash to cover loans) people won't use it unless there is deposit protection like the FDIC here in America.

Doesn't realy matter when the banks are auctioned. I don't think there would be many people willing to run a bank due to the risk of people making second avatars to take out a loan and then passing the cash to rip them off. Harder to track credit history if people don't have registered cards.

If there is a savings account option(used by most banks to get cash to cover loans) people won't use it unless there is deposit protection like the FDIC here in America.

I believe that Marco mentioned during an interview that any lending via the banking system would be collateral based... meaning that the bank would already be holding something of value in the event of default... I think that the real reason that the banks are delayed is that the ATM Cards are not yet fixed and that negotiations with the one big bank that they mentioned was interested have probably stalled... If I represented a major banking organization, I would definitely be looking very deeply into all the financial aspects of the operation...

Back