What happens if you level to next skill category during mayhem?

slick37

Provider
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens if you level to the next skill category while participating in mayhem events?
For example, say ur in cat3 at max level 44, then you naturally level to 45, technically putting you into cat4- can you finish ur cat3 run then not be able to register cat3 again afterwards?
Does it kick you out automatically mid-run? or if you decide to do a cat4 run after hitting level 45 will the previous cat3 run get cancelled? I assume so. Not sure how it works... if anyone has time to advise me :)
Much appreciated!

It will prevent you from entering a new instance of the previous cat. But you may still finish your current instance.

So let's say you are 2 hours from finalizing your score, you have 3 hours left on the current instance you're in when you level up. As long as you finalize the score within that instance you're fine.

but if for instance you are three hours from finalizing your score and you have 2 hours left on current instance when leveling up. You are screwed. As you will not be able to start another instance of that cat.

If i recall correctly.

What Ferial posted is correct, happened to me during CAT6. And if that happens and you still want to finish up in your previous category then you will need to chip out just enough to satisfy requirements.

Thank you for the responses!
I have a better understanding now.... I’ll just try my best to stay in one category during mayhem ;)

just jumping on to this, what happens if we are the correct skill level but hp is over the cap, is it a soft cap?

HP is a soft cap, most of these answers can be found in the mayhem rules in the perspective threads

I’ve not seen a definitive answer about HP, and maybe my memory has failed me but I thought during 2017 I hit the HP cap during and had to chip out for another run in Cat3.

I understand that if your natural skill HP is within the category limits you can use pills/buffs to go over the limit, but what if you meet the DPS and Profession level and your skill based HP is too high, is it lowered to the max upon entering or does that then disqualify you for that category?

I’ve not seen a definitive answer about HP, and maybe my memory has failed me but I thought during 2017 I hit the HP cap during and had to chip out for another run in Cat3.

I understand that if your natural skill HP is within the category limits you can use pills/buffs to go over the limit, but what if you meet the DPS and Profession level and your skill based HP is too high, is it lowered to the max upon entering or does that then disqualify you for that category?

HP is only a soft cap, if you're above the limit your hp just gets temporarily reduced to the max for your category while you're inside the instance

Back