Question: What has become of FOMA??

Status

HellspawnSatans

Provider
Society
Manifest Destiny
Hellspawn Hellspawn Satans
Good Day

I have played for many years, and have recently jumped in again. With that being said, what has happened to FOMA?

Mining is rough, hunting is non existent.

Many countries have "GHOST" towns.

Is this destined to be the Entropia "Ghost" Town? Except for the brave souls tempting fate and the past.

This is quite possibly, one of the most disappointing things in this game to me coming back. This place could be so much more, all the plans, all the money to aquire a floating ghost rock.

Mike aKa Hellspawn Satans

Yup, FOMA is dead. Just look at the globs. Almost none from there anymore. Killed by Monria and Arkadia I'd say for mining. And also by huge abandon from owner(s).

Take a closer look around and you'll see much more that has been abandoned. Shops, Estates including apartments, all of Treasure Island, etc.

Well considering the dates of other posts in here besides yours, that also says something. It's totally dead, in every aspect.

Huge disappointment... like so much in this game. When a Biodome comes up for sale, they still want astronomical prices for them so I suspect it will stay dead. The original owners are doing nothing with it. The recent returns have been awful there, and new owners will be priced out.

Yup, FOMA is dead. Just look at the globs. Almost none from there anymore. Killed by Monria and Arkadia I'd say for mining. And also by huge abandon from owner(s).

Mining may not be as good as it was there, but FOMA is still doing better than the other areas.
So i'm not sure where you are getting your data from??

Just look at the past 7 days globals on EL

Last 7 Day Mining Stats
Landarea | Mining globals | Unique avatarss | Total loot
F.O.M.A Main Arena | 268.00 | 54.00 | 30 006.00 PED
F.O.M.A. - FORTUNA | 611.00 | 75.00 | 76 918.00 PED
F.O.M.A. -- FORTUNA | 408.00 | 59.00 | 48 834.00 PED

Arkadia Moon | 47.00 | 10.00 | 5 461.00 PED
Arkadia Underground | 306.00 | 38.00 | 35 472.00 PED
Monria | 137.00 | 14.00 | 16 808.00 PED

In terms of hunting, yeah pretty much no one hunts there:
F.O.M.A. - FORTUNA | 25.00 | 10.00 | 2 759.00 PED
F.O.M.A. -- FORTUNA | 5.00 | 4.00 | 449.00 PED

And to think that a 400k ped HOF dropped there not long ago, making it the highest mining ATH that ever drop in this game.

That was ridiculous weird!!! I still don't understand that mega ATH! Promotional ATH some say. I play since 2008 and still don't understand how that happened. Take a look daily on mining HOF board and 80% of the time you won't even see a HOF that is 1% the size of that mega mining ATH. 1 bloody percent!!!!

My last runs there were horrible indeed. I will never come back there!!! Only if I want to loss peds on purpose.

What happened to the guy that got those 400 000 ped of Narcasium?

After all this time I swear I don't understand that kind of drop. I bet he was a friend of a friend of MindArk staff.

What is the top HOF today on mining? Can someone tell me?

Take a closer look around and you'll see much more that has been abandoned. Shops, Estates including apartments, all of Treasure Island, etc.

TI is due to a legal battle

After all this time I swear I don't understand that kind of drop. I bet he was a friend of a friend of MindArk staff.

You might want to be careful making unsubstantiated accusations, even in supposition.

You might want to be careful making unsubstantiated accusations, even in supposition.

and why should he be careful, I'm curious...

My guess would be libel.

Exactly, it may sound off the cuff but that could be construed as a serious accusation. Never hurts to be careful :).

FOMA is certinaly not what is was. However there are still some decent ores/enmatters to be found there if you time it right as evidenced by the global volumes and its simpler than ever to get there (no lootable pvp, cheap fly-it-yourself ships). With regards to the 417k narc hit last year, I understand that this was a regular avatar.

i'm quite sure that person was a legit player. but i can say she hoarded the narc for the longest time. the price should have gone down for that but stayed at 107% for at least 8 months. that's what I don't understand.

i'm quite sure that person was a legit player. but i can say she hoarded the narc for the longest time. the price should have gone down for that but stayed at 107% for at least 8 months. that's what I don't understand.

Why would you dump it all at once? I would leak it slowly over time if I had it.

You can only pull 4-6k from a tower each 24h period, so about 3 months to pull it all anyways. Understandable it would not make a huge impact on markups

I got a 34K iron a couple month ago and i dont think its rare to see a tower here and there when i run around up there.

hunting is ofc dead of doom tho. But i think mining is so much smaller then hunting any split up on so many”new” places i guess foma is less occupated but def not dead.

It is what it is. I run a shop up there along with quite a few others. Yes, it's not got as much foot traffic as Calypso proper, but it still has some foot traffic that makes it worth owning propery here. Yes, the domes are tricky... been a while since I did the run around to each shop thing... but here's the link for back when I did... F.O.M.A. Notes | PlanetCalypsoForum

For some mobs the domes are nice for hunting since it's not your typical mixed mob spawns like you have all over Calypso. If you are just working on one or two codex runs dome hunting can be ok...

FOMA has it own things minging wise is once in a chance that random neewb can get lucky 450k then suddenly vanish entirely hehe

One of my favorite skill grinds is shopping, and FOMA actually has incredible shops. I often go there at night, and just walk the halls. The little shops carry very unusual items and many beautiful rarities. If you collect armor sets, visit FOMA shops, you just might find a gem.

There is so much history in that place, and you can still feel its presence. If you haven't been to the shops, I urge you to do so. I also can recommend visiting the VIP area and the track.

One of my favorite skill grinds is shopping, and FOMA actually has incredible shops. I often go there at night, and just walk the halls. The little shops carry very unusual items and many beautiful rarities. If you collect armor sets, visit FOMA shops, you just might find a gem.

There is so much history in that place, and you can still feel its presence. If you haven't been to the shops, I urge you to do so. I also can recommend visiting the VIP area and the track.
This is the first time I've heard anyone say foma is great in at least ten years. I've looked through the shops and found nothing but overpriced unsold crap nobody wants. Not to mention nobody shops there 😂

Last edited:
Never bothered going inside FOMA, only respawned there after being killed. That probably says enough about how appealing the place is. :D
Writing was on the wall then MA moved the exclusive FOMA mobs to Treasure Island, it seems they want to code it into irrelevancy.

I live there for its incredible rustic charm, and if you spend most of your gameplay in space, its either FOMA or living at Howling Mine, which I can't afford.
FOMA allows fast access to every planetary system and major traffic route. It's apartments are beautiful, yet cheap.

When UE5 goes live, and finally space and space related content will receive its rightful place at the table, FOMA will once again become the main transfer hub.

I have no idea about FOMA mobs, or where they went, what I do know is that FOMA shopping is exquisite.

FOMA has it own things minging wise is once in a chance that random neewb can get lucky 450k then suddenly vanish entirely hehe
Check her tracker. Clicks lots of explosives and mines with big amps. Lucky neewb = yes, vanished = no

I live there for its incredible rustic charm, and if you spend most of your gameplay in space, its either FOMA or living at Howling Mine, which I can't afford.
FOMA allows fast access to every planetary system and major traffic route. It's apartments are beautiful, yet cheap.

When UE5 goes live, and finally space and space related content will receive its rightful place at the table, FOMA will once again become the main transfer hub.

I have no idea about FOMA mobs, or where they went, what I do know is that FOMA shopping is exquisite.
ROFL FOMA is dead forever. Sadly it is owned by someone who literally is dead.

FOMA will never be a hub for anything. People will continue to warp right past it.

Also, how exactly is it any different to get anywhere from FOMA than Caly.

The shopping on FOMA is garbage. Pretty much the exact opposite of exquisite ROFL.

You can't be serious with this crap. Rightful place after UE5 ROFLMFAO. You've apparently never experienced an MA engine upgrade.

The last time, the game wasn't playable for almost a year. You couldn't even run properly. You need to really readjust your expectations 😂

I've been playing this for 18 years. This ain't gonna be any different than the 100,000 things they've fucked up previously.

Problem with foma/and La in overall is about tax 5.5%(or any la with tax above 1%) and you have no any reason to go there

No Special Mobs.... No Special Loot or Any better average markup loot enough to ofset tax
And mindark keep mess with waves and loot control... most classic example this is Medusa Island in 2017-18 and Shinook nerf across
But remind despletor and scipulor is to be exclusive mob in foma/cnd and they move down planetside?

Any reason to land manager or possible investor keep try? do anything.......
Example rigth now Koko be nice place to mine belkar but hey mindark put wave without warning anyone i doubt they even warned ND itself
UG? or Ark Moon also have in theory nices ores/emt but when you go there with terramaster 8 (third best gear by rank and most depth default possible) you get 80% lyst and 90%oil(or other tt food out wave)

someone in the office found out what FOMA means? LOL
sorta like FAFO

Status
Back