Question: What is a "reseller"?

Is it shameful to be a "reseller"?

• Yes; if you are a reseller you are a scumbag

• No; a reseller is just someone who buys and sells stuff in the game

Results are only viewable after voting.
in my opinion a reseller is every indivudial in this game

because of one simple fact: "you need to sell your stuff for profit"

there is no possible way to play this game without reselling stuff
every hunter,miner,crafter,sweater,trader,sculpter,taxi,hairdresser, blah blah and so on and so on is a reseller

imagine entropia without reselling , who wuld buy all those lootables you cant use if there is no reseller ?

example i bought over 6000 units of strongboxes to resell them later thats around 15K ped investment...
i might do a little profit, i might do loss, i might do a big profit
but fact is i did put my 15K peds into the flow, people can use those to buy what ever they want
thats how a floating economy works.

reselling is just another profession in this game
just like hunting ,mining, crafting

you trade your peds for the output and hope to win something... and if you fail it hurts the same way

there is absolutely no point to shame or hate any individual for doing what they do, unless its hacking boting or what ever unfair advantage...

sorry to say that but messis statement is 200% bs and i disagree
like... not everyone want to have quadrillion skills in his avatar
others earn a living out of trading just like you do out of hunting
example: you cant blame people for funding theyr real live by trading
because in the end you do the same by hunting 24/7

Last edited:
Trading IS a fundamental part of this game! And it is a profession!
Sure point me to the ingame skill you gain when you complete any task or input ped when you interact with the system.

Sure point me to the ingame skill you gain when you complete any task or input ped when you interact with the system.
again, the point of view from the uber grinder.

That YOU care so much about green lines doesnt mean others do.
Some just like to trade and don't care to endlessly click the same mob all day.
They enjoy the search for bargains, and the trhill of the sell for profit.

But you made it very clear on many different situations that you have a hard time grasping that.
We arent all messi, messi.

And, parasiting? what are you doing then? Whats the difference? You sell for MU, right? You are profiting from others just as well.
What makes you right, and (re)sellers wrong?

oh, and btw, how much gear did you sell for LESS then you have bought it?
You have a big selling thread. You looted every single piece on there yourself or are you reselling that stuff?

Last edited:
In my opinion, trade is the main problem in the game.

Even if there are minimum limits for the Auction of 105% or 110%, it will simply raise the final price of a product, but because people like to spend money when they have, it is likely that the Trade itself will increase.
Personally, I just don't see the point in selling at auction 100%, but a lot of people do... it's undermining the whole trade, and resellers are undermining it even more.

Another issue is that there is simply no realization of much of the loot in real use. A very large part has to be stored for months, simply because the market does not need it at the moment, or rather because the products are in stores in unknown locations by the majority.

It's just that every product must be visible to the market and minimal restrictions must be imposed in order for these 100% purchases to disappear.

Whether a reseller will buy at 102% and sell at 105% will not matter if this loot, even with a small mark, has a market share, and you know that these percentages are enough to cover the losses in any profession.

Wouldn't you buy a better weapon if you always make a profit and if the weapon is now at 120% and jump to 130% because of the increase.

Even artisans of arms and armor would have greater ambitions for larger quantities if there is more demand.

Regardless of your personal relationships, the market itself does not work and the lack of adequate data on the purchase and sale of each item benefits these resellers.

As I said in my first post here, MA just cares about the gray economy more than normal gameplay, in my opinion that's why they don't fix it, they just dont care and thats why there has more leechers than active players.

Reselling is good, as a hunter gets more out of his own loot by increased item prices that would be tt food otherwise. At least this is how I feel it.

'Reseller' is often used to insult people, but to my mind they are important for economy. I have some favourite resellers that are online very long and buy my stuff. I would otherwise hanging in, not hunting. or loose return MU due to prices very close to 100% MU and me just tt-ing.

If someone buys for low and sells for high that is one definition of a reseller. One could argue that if a miner or hunter loots said item "for free" from a mob and I then sell for MU I just sold for higher and am reselling my loot. I "invested" in my avatar to hunt and get item, but in my mind is little difference in someone that invests with ped to buy the item and sell for higher. Both parties are taking a risk.
I would argue that if someone owns a shop they are a reseller. Unless you mine + hunt for every single item to then craft into another item and sell. I tried that in this game and it's a horrible way to operate, but that's beside the point. Any selling most likely involved some purchase or investment.
I'm not economist, but it's how markets work. Walmart is a reseller. I can't buy direct from a manufacturer in bulk, but they can so I end up buying from them. Walmart makes profit through there investment and I get goods cheaper than I could elsewhere (more or less). I can choose to go to local John's farm and buy eggs straight from the chicken for 2x the price, with pro/cons being a part of each decision.

In EU I have often sold to "resellers" because I don't have the capital to let my stack of eye oil get to the level where selling it on auction makes me much money over the auction fee. I benefit because I get SOME mu, and then benefit by being able to get more MU because of their capital. Sometimes I choose to just TT something because what a reseller might give me is so low that I rather not bother or even want to give them the tiny profit. I make the decision based on what benefits me most in the situation. If I have enough capital or enough of an item then I save it up and ...sell on auction. Am I not a reseller by selling my goods at a markup?

I understand some negative response to resellers and they can be seen as a leech. It is up to all parties to be educated. Some people offer insulting prices so I avoid them. Others are clear and update their prices daily, and although they may be low I can still consider it reasonable and honest. MU is so low across the board, so if you want to buy my eye oil for 100.02 and hope to sell it for 100.05 and sit in twins for 8 hours to do it... well be my guess. Sounds horrible.

I much rather a trader that sits doing nothing for hours than eventually can benefit me somewhat than some pirate that sits for hours doing nothing and then steals from me.

I would have put probably $10k extra into the game if not for re-sellers. MA need to understand, allowing greedy hoarders to monopolize certain weapons or armor sets is very bad for the game - I have a choice, I simply don't buy or interact with the game, easy.

If someone buys for low and sells for high that is one definition of a reseller. One could argue that if a miner or hunter loots said item "for free" from a mob and I then sell for MU I just sold for higher and am reselling my loot. I "invested" in my avatar to hunt and get item, but in my mind is little difference in someone that invests with ped to buy the item and sell for higher. Both parties are taking a risk.
I would argue that if someone owns a shop they are a reseller. Unless you mine + hunt for every single item to then craft into another item and sell. I tried that in this game and it's a horrible way to operate, but that's beside the point. Any selling most likely involved some purchase or investment.
I'm not economist, but it's how markets work. Walmart is a reseller. I can't buy direct from a manufacturer in bulk, but they can so I end up buying from them. Walmart makes profit through there investment and I get goods cheaper than I could elsewhere (more or less). I can choose to go to local John's farm and buy eggs straight from the chicken for 2x the price, with pro/cons being a part of each decision.

In EU I have often sold to "resellers" because I don't have the capital to let my stack of eye oil get to the level where selling it on auction makes me much money over the auction fee. I benefit because I get SOME mu, and then benefit by being able to get more MU because of their capital. Sometimes I choose to just TT something because what a reseller might give me is so low that I rather not bother or even want to give them the tiny profit. I make the decision based on what benefits me most in the situation. If I have enough capital or enough of an item then I save it up and ...sell on auction. Am I not a reseller by selling my goods at a markup?

I understand some negative response to resellers and they can be seen as a leech. It is up to all parties to be educated. Some people offer insulting prices so I avoid them. Others are clear and update their prices daily, and although they may be low I can still consider it reasonable and honest. MU is so low across the board, so if you want to buy my eye oil for 100.02 and hope to sell it for 100.05 and sit in twins for 8 hours to do it... well be my guess. Sounds horrible.

I much rather a trader that sits doing nothing for hours than eventually can benefit me somewhat than some pirate that sits for hours doing nothing and then steals from me.
You mix traders which are key part of the game, who does service to the community, with rare items greedy resellers who hoarded 10 15 rare items and trying to create fake "demand".

Walmart is a reseller.
No, it isn't, although 'technically'....
When there are two words, or more, to describe somewhat similar areas of activity, people tend to be selective and possibly shift the meaning away from what may be literally correct as per word origin as time goes by. A trader buys and sells, as does a reseller. A wholesaler trades in bulk, often as a middleman to traders, but also to the service industries, such as hotels and restaurants.

The connotation of reseller here in EU is clearly negative, as someone who picks up stuff that other folk might want to buy, with the intention of selling it again at a higher price for no added benefit (at that stage) to the new buyer.
Supermarkets and other stores/traders provide a geographical service of sales to local populations, thus someone who buys an item on one planet and sells on another for a slightly higher price is also more a trader than a reseller.
It is also true that the term trader can slip into the negative too, but at least it still holds onto the basic meaning of trading as well.

I accept there may be differences in the English spoken around the world or in certain fields. Reseller is a term I've only met in connection with virtual worlds, however, which may speak volumes about.... well, you know ;).

Oh I dunno, some of those parking lots are massive in the USA. Think of the time and walk savings! On a hot day, maybe a lemonade stand with 'generous' tissue volumes available to wipe your... or take home if you wish, free with every $2 100ml cup of lemonade might be 'interesting'... ;).

But yes, maybe the term reseller will make it into the real world too if we go on much longer like this!

resellers, if they buy animal muscle oil at 101% then sell it for 102% causing the MU for Muscle oil to be 102% then thats great for me.
Don't get why ppl hate resellers and use that term as an insult. I thought we all want MU to go up in this game? The more trades that happens the more MU goes up.
I think people are just jealous that they lack the patient to wait for the right moment to sell the item at the higher MU. I myself is guilty of that impatience. Sometimes my item does not get sold so I undercut to guaranty the sell. Then I find out the buyer later sells it at a higher price later on. I regret my decision, but we need to understand that it was me that made the bad decision. Some people just can't accept the self blame and put the blame on the "resellers"
In general, resellers are good for the game.
When I first started and before I deposited, I sweat. I used to hate resellers. They buy my hard earned sweat for less driving the sweat MU down. This is mostly supply and demand as usual. Too much sweat supply not enough sweat demand. So basically resellers hasten the MU of an item to it's true market value.
They caused sweat MU to drop faster. But they cause MU to raise faster. In the case of a101 and other weapon amps. Those MU are going to the moon. Melee trauma amp I is gone to the Moon! I remember the were going to +5ped MU now they're +250ped! crazy! I'm lucky that I bought them at +20 lol.
Anyways, if the item is worthless then resellers will cause MU to drop, if the item is truly valuable then resellers will cause the MU to go up. This is not a bad thing! It's good to have the true market value of our items in game.
Actually they probably overall inflate the value a bit as they are holding the supplies. So yea the MU is actually a bit higher than they really are because of "resellers"
Let's spread the rumor that Lyst, oil and muscle oil MU will be going up in a few months. Buy them now to sell for profit later. If we get more "resellers" in game, then we can actually have decent MU on the most basic items ingame. lol. I can dream this "rumor" will work can't I?
I just hope this will help people understand the benefits of resellers in game.

In terms of price manipulators, the more resellers we have the less likely they will be able to manipulate the price. Since there will be more volume. It will take more capital to influence the ingame market history. Which becomes way more risky to do as they will be losing way more on auction fees. Just not worth it at that point.

I'm gonna agree with the fact that as long as they contribute to the hunt/mine/craft pool once in a while they are ok-ish. Also I'm going to say that if they don't over-inflate their prices or heavily underprice someone else's items, like a handful of them do, they are also ok-ish. I personally have sold to one items to a few of them but only because I got the price I wanted, when it comes to buying from them, no chance! I'd rather wait until a player sells what I need.😁

Resellers are garbage, the kind of person who buys an item off auction for +35k and then immediately repost it on forums for +55k :D
There were bids only by resellers on that weapon, normal people put bids up to 4k peds, which shows what is the real value of certain weapons.

I think resellers also don't take into account the actual economy. For instance, some shop operators, like OP, share by paying good MU for needed materials. Resellers just gouge and wait for opportunities rather than let real players get a nice item for a really low price.

I think resellers also don't take into account the actual economy. For instance, some shop operators, like OP, share by paying good MU for needed materials. Resellers just gouge and wait for opportunities rather than let real players get a nice item for a really low price.
resellers are people who buy certain plates from noobs for +50 and resell for +100, also certain items for +250 and reselling for +750

I think trade, including the so-called bad actors "reselling," is just a part of simulating an economy, and that's what this all is. I think in this view, deposits are the unfair part; if wealth was only created inside the game this would all make more sense. Maybe some old ubers would be pushing their weight around financially, but they bought in and have been putting in the time, so they deserve to.

But deposits and outside-the-game wealth are also the part that makes it worth MA doing this... so I think we are stuck with it.

Last edited:
funny. The point of view from a uber grinder.

Trading IS a fundamental part of this game! And it is a profession!
Always has been.
Without trade there is no RCE!

Trading XXX @boxes.
Trading XX @voting machine.

Ring any bell?

Oh wait, that was before your time here....

Uber Grinder? Which one of them are you referring too?

To me, resellers are people who buy anything for under the current market price, or at the current price and have no intention whatsoever of using the item(s). They purposefully take the stuff out of the market and hold it until it is worth something more. If they were only doing it with deeds, I wouldn't have any issue with it as those are true investments. Starving the market of items that players need just to let them sit in a storage is a waste and if it is an item that has a drop-cap, it is even more of a problem. The current inflation of 2.0 weapons is sad to see, as they are worth lower than they are right now, but people will buy them at such an increased price since the supply of them is so thin and a lot of them are in the hands of resellers.

Resalers are a poops with more than one account, which is in front of the Calypso auction and spam offers in trade chats and refreshing the Auction list.

All this is done automatically while he is playing with the main avatar.

All the advantage in this trade toilet is for bots and alt-resellers.

How it works:

1- Go around the hunting grounds until you find a fool who "invests" in his avatar.
1.1- Shoot 20 mobs with 3 times bigger gun than the one this fool uses. The system increases your chances of taking what this fool has lost.

2- Self-advertise your alt-reseller as an honest trader who buys loot that is not worth keeping. And yet, in order not to take the risk that you have taken through activity, it offers you an excellent opportunity of 100.01% for your TT loot...

Amazingly you got 10 pek profit after losing 100 ped. This makes you much smarter than the others who TT shit in the loot.

For MA, it seems that it is not a problem for you to stand next to AFK Spammer Reseller to sell the same booty 30 peks instead of 10 peks... which can you cost at least a week in awesome gameplay...

Why 30 pek? Hehe, for AFK honest spammer 20 pek are a profit, and for you they are a loss reduction from 100 to 99.70 ped.

A game in which we cover our losses through the Markup is intentionally stifled by AFK ALT resellers with absolute inaction on the part of the Game Developer, who has determined by rule 1 an account to avoid all of the above.

The trade in the game is currently the Absolute Public Toilet, which offers a profit only to those who have multiple AFK alts or an investment of at least $200k to avoid shitty trading with fewer losses.

Anyone who supports Resellers as part of the game is either an idiot or the same shitty salesman.

Investing in what? ... in toilet paper, for a public toilet? Isn't it time for MA to wake her up after 20 years of sleep.

Back