Question: What is an UNLIMITED Mothership worth?

What would you pay for an Unlimited Mothership?

• 50-1000Ped

Votes: 78 36.4%
  • 1001-5000Ped

Votes: 25 11.7%
  • 5001-10000Ped

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • 10001-15000Ped

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • 15001-25000Ped

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • 25001-35000Ped

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • 35001-50000Ped

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • 50001-75000Ped

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • 75001-100000Ped

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Over 100000Ped

Votes: 36 16.8%

• Total voters
And on another Note, Both Times new Rides Came out since ive been playing, ive depo'd and Raced to my Computer to Hurry and Buy the VTOL And these Motha F**kaz was like 2.5k-ish ped maybe more.. THATS $250 People, That has dropped and Now is Down At well.... $20:scratch2: and it aint been a year since they been out, its only been a few Months maybe 5 months:dunno:
Same with the helicopter, But... Those Motha'z Was like 3.5k-ish and the best thing about the Helicopter MK1's they Held 5 people to fly with ummm "thats It" Damn thing was slow SLOOOOOWWW..
Now i buy toys here all day whenever i have the ped, but both times i had the ped to make the buys on both and couldnt see myself doin it... So i kept My Ped.. and....Bam One and a half month Later after Vtol Release I had a Vtol and still Had K'z in ped.. So with the Motherships As bad as i would like one i think ill be cruisin by one ... What if No One Bought the damn Motherships? i wonder what MA would do?..

What if No One Bought the damn Motherships? i wonder what MA would do?..

The Medusa syndrome would kick in. Someone would bid and be the only one with minutes to go.

First 3 will go over 50 k I bet. Next ones will slowly decrease to about 20 k i'd guess

Depends on if it´s just a toy to show off or if you can actually earn some money when people use it to travel inbetween planets..

Let´s say there is a possibility to set the price to use the tp on the ship and you set it lower then the normal travel fee through tp, maybe then the ships could be worth quite much.. If it´s just a toy with costs only then much lower IMHO.

I assume that when MA(who ever) specify its UL, there will be hords of L versions, prolly just as good or even better. For 1% of the price, that would fit 98% of the casual gamers here...

You will allways find those who will pay 100k ped to be the first plane/hangar owers... so I do expect the price to be in that range.

Guess MU on motherships

(I wish I knew how to set up a thread with vote but I dont)

My guess is 200k ped.
However I have almost none experience of space flight/hangars (old syste) so I'm probably totally wrong.
I know one thing tho, it aint gonna be low :D
So this competition to win one with highest HOF might just be the most valuable competition in EU's history.

I assume that when MA(who ever) specify its UL, there will be hords of L versions, prolly just as good or even better. For 1% of the price, that would fit 98% of the casual gamers here...

You will allways find those who will pay 100k ped to be the first plane/hangar owers... so I do expect the price to be in that range.

Very True.. people always get souped for the New Hotness

I dont expect to see to high markup on these ships.

Why do I think this.

1: Most likely hangar owners will get free motherships so they can be removed from potential buyers
2: A few hangars has been placed on auction for around 100K ped and did not sell

So a prediction

1st 4 ships will go for 50k - 100k
second set for less then 50K
3rd set for less then 25K
MA stops placing motherships in auction.

I dont expect to see to high markup on these ships.

Why do I think this.

1: Most likely hangar owners will get free motherships so they can be removed from potential buyers
2: A few hangars has been placed on auction for around 100K ped and did not sell

So a prediction

1st 4 ships will go for 50k - 100k
second set for less then 50K
3rd set for less then 25K
MA stops placing motherships in auction.

You mean this one ?:)
sans_titreffff_71665.jpg

You mean this one ?:)

No, not this one. This one even got a buyer despite the most likely highly unreasonable price. We will see on the 21th how much a hangar is actually worth, now won't we? :wtg:

No, not this one. This one even got a buyer despite the most likely highly unreasonable price. We will see on the 21th how much a hangar is actually worth, now won't we? :wtg:

Why the mean spirited attitude?

Highly unreasonable?
For someone wanting to pay 35k for one I'm sure it is highly unreasonable :rolleyes:

But guess what,It sold,so someone thought it was reasonable.

Wow shame.

Considering how meny could not even get sold for +100K ped

Really,How many was that?
Because when I look at PEAuction for estate auctions around the hangar asking price I don't see any.

Here's a little time line for you...

First announcement of Hangars return(no mention of space) 8/4/2011
Estate listed at 150k 28/4/2011 Not Sold (still no mention of space or final functionality)
Hangar forum sale 120k 6/5/2011 SOLD(Sold at BO,may have gone higher if no BO set)
First preview of space 13/5/2011
Hangar listed at 140k 13/5/2011SOLD(confirmed as a hangar sale)
Estate listed at 150k 23/5/2011 Not Sold
Estate listed at 140k 31/5/2011 Not Sold

So what does all this tell us?
Well it tells me that before space was even announced one sold for 120k and who knows how high it would have gone with no BO.
Then once space was announced but even before anyone even knew what they were getting one sold for even more at 140k.
Then as we started to find out more about space and also found out how little we know about it and that there will be a number of other craft on offer the buyers are rightly being smart and holding their money till they actually know what they are buying hence no hangars sold since then.

Where are all these hangars that didn't sell for 100k?
Ofcourse we still dont know exactly what they are worth as we still dont know exactly what they are,That's a no brainer.
What we do know however is you cant buy one for 70k which means that today they are worth more than 70k and they wont sell for 140k so today they are worth less than 140k.
Spin it how you like but that's the state of play as of today.

You might say that as a hangar owner I'm biased but all I have presented here are the facts of the sales.
Interpret them how you will.

In saying that though I think this and this post pretty much sums up which angle you guys are playing also :cool:

Last edited:
Hmm....
What's an Item worth, nobody knows *exactly* what can be done with it? Is it a big playtoy only? Can you generate income with it on a regular base? If so, what's the ammount of income/week you can generate? What are the costs to keep that thing running?

Without exact informations about, no calculation is possible.

there is still no player base to susten those space thingy...

What you will do with your mother ship , when decay to go to next planet is price of set for 30 people and anyway you never manage to get more than 10 player who want go next planet ...

There is 4 planet , 2 of them are ND personal trumpet but empty useless BS place , so lets say , 2 planet...
and there is what 5k regular player ?
way not enought to make those mothership worth something right now...

We need player first...

Highly unreasonable?

I said most likely highly unreasonable and that we will see about that on the 21th. Get it?

For someone wanting to pay 35k for one I'm sure it is highly unreasonable :rolleyes:

Indeed, I personally find 140k highly unreasonable at the moment. I wouldn't even pay 35k right now because hangars could turn out to be nothing more than a gimmick. Is a small UL spaceship worth 140k? 35k? I personally doubt it. As it seems you can transport people between planets with a cheap (L) ship just fine. Again: we will see on the 21th.

But guess what,It sold,so someone thought it was reasonable.

I guess so. I wish good luck to the high roller!

Edit:

In saying that though I think this and this post pretty much sums up which angle you guys are playing also :cool:

What "angle"? Wanting to buy a hangar in the past for a price that we thought was reasonable then is an "angle"?

Why the mean spirited attitude?

Oh, I really didn't mean it in a mean spirited way. I am just genuinely interested how this turns out. I wonder why so many people feel the need to attack others (I don't mean you, Oracle) or feel attacked whenever hangars are brought up. Let's all be nice.

:shower:

What "angle"? Wanting to buy a hangar in the past for a price that we thought was reasonable then is an "angle"?

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to buy a hangar for TT+1 but having watched all the hangar and space threads closely and seeing a pattern to certain peoples posts and knowing where their interest lies then yes it looks like an 'angle' to me and I'm not the only one to notice it.
I wouldn't get upset about it though,I just post the facts so people get a bit of balance and can make up their own minds :)

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to buy a hangar for TT+1 but having watched all the hangar and space threads closely and seeing a pattern to certain peoples posts and knowing where their interest lies then yes it looks like an 'angle' to me and I'm not the only one to notice it.

If somebody wants to buy a certain item that is worth more than a trivial amount then this person usually tends to inform herself/himself about this item and starts to have an opinion about it. Of course that person will argue with other about a reasonable price. If this is done in an honest manner I don't see a problem with that.

I wouldn't get upset about it though,I just post the facts so people get a bit of balance and can make up their own minds :)

I just officially retracted our 35k buying offer. It seems a little bit risky to me/us after what MA said about how space would work. (What little they actually did say.)

If somebody wants to buy a certain item that is worth more than a trivial amount then this person usually tends to inform herself/himself about this item and starts to have an opinion about it. Of course that person will argue with other about a reasonable price. If this is done in an honest manner I don't see a problem with that.

I just officially retracted our 35k buying offer. It seems a little bit risky to me/us after what MA said about how space would work. (What little they actually did say.)

And of course you are entitled to form your own opinion and I would never argue otherwise but I'll leave it up to those reading to go through your posts on the whole space/Hangars subject and see if they can see a trend in them.
If it's just me and a couple others that are seeing something that isn't there then consider this my retraction :cool:

And of course you are entitled to form your own opinion and I would never argue otherwise but I'll leave it up to those reading to go through your posts on the whole space/Hangars subject and see if they can see a trend in them.
If it's just me and a couple others that are seeing something that isn't there then consider this my retraction :cool:

What they will find in my old posts (Suzi mostly lurks the forum) is that I (we) offer exactly as much as I (we) think a hangar was worth at that time to us. And the other way around. Fair enough?

What they will find in my old posts (Suzi mostly lurks the forum) is that I (we) offer exactly as much as I (we) think a hangar was worth at that time to us. And the other way around. Fair enough?

If you say so :cool:

I guess we can let this get back on topic now,apologies to the OP.

in my experience, when someone is only willing to pay 35k for something that has sold for 120-140k recently, not only are they not really in the market for the item anyway, but they shouldn't be shocked when owners don't exactly hop over each other to sell them that item.

as to what the motherships will turn out to be worth, its an interesting question. one that i think will highly depend on the amount of supply ma decides to release. their value will be determined by the amount of potential there is to be made by owning them and that supply versus demand.

Well, I'm not certain, but I'm guessing motherships wont land on planets....so a "Shuttlecraft" will be needed to get people to the orbiting Motherships. Here is where hangars may come into play. I play a lot with launching my VTOL out from the hangars, just for giggles, but thought....hmmmm....this may be a requirement for lauching a craft from planet to orbit, making the hangars a vital part of the space equation. Or possibly have a TP at the hangars that are where the Mothership people TP to when departing from, or going to the motherships....then people may need to be taken from hangars to parts of planets by regular crafts, or TP chip?

Maybe...maybe not...just thinking outloud.

Last edited:
in my experience, when someone is only willing to pay 35k for something that has sold for 120-140k recently, not only are they not really in the market for the item anyway, but they shouldn't be shocked when owners don't exactly hop over each other to sell them that item.

When we started our buying thread for 35k no hangar had been sold so no real market price was established yet. When I saw that one went for 100k or 100k+ I knew nobody would sell for 35k. We retracted our buying offer by now since we (mainly I but Suzi doesn't want to buy a hangar by herself) are not sure at the moment if a hangar will be even worth that. Imagine if (!) it turns out to be just an apartment with a small UL ship. In a few days we will probably *know* how much it is worth since we will know how space will work in detail. Maybe we will start a new buying thread then with a price that we think is fair based on the knowledge we will have then. I just wish people wouldn't be so aggressive. If they don't want to sell to us, fine. Just giggle and move on. If I see a too expensive piece of clothes in a real shop I don't go in there to shout at the clerk. I just don't buy it. :girl:

Back