What is currently broken; what is fixed?

jetsina

Elite
In EU, new becomes old, with both players and devs mostly moving on, especially, it seems, if something stops working or goes out of fashion for 'whatever reason'. Maybe it could help if we have a thread with short info on what is currently not working, both to highlight issues and as a help to players who don't know why something isn't working for them. This could include missions, as well as general gameplay or specific stuff ...

To get started I have these:
  • Taming bristlehogs. These have been an easily tameable mob on Caly, that I believe are even on the New Treasure Island lands that were recently sold. However, the taming process is bugged with an error message coming up when you attempt to tame after a few cracks of your whip.
Note: taming arrets. This is a mob on Cyrene that went through a period of being untameable but is currently tameable again. Sometimes things do get fixed ...
  • Fort events. These take place at two neighbouring forts as a fight in multiple rounds to destroy each other's forts. It was popular a long time ago to begin with, but imbalances or 'cheats' meant people lost interest. Is this activity still possible even in theory now?
  • Land plot functionality. MA introduced land plots and the ability to build a small house and vegetable garden. Some were built, but many plots stayed empty. Homes can be used, but I believe the materials or the harvested vegetables, or the bps to make weaps from them... something has gone wrong so that there is no activity here. Has anybody at all successfully used the functions in the last 18 months or so?
  • Are there missions that have stopped working due to whatever reason, such as the introduction of codex on various planets?

I realise we don't know at all what functions will be ported across to the new graphics and complete EU experience in the next couple of years. Pets disappeared completely for quite a while, for example. We know even less what chaos may meet us in the future, but I think it would be nice to have some kind of overall status report of what we have/haven't got now as a starting point.

Added:
The partly bugged force chat on spaceships is annoying - been as it is for a looooong time.
Fredelig - different thread: Rt’s Hunt the thing is not available, it has been bugged for some time, months at least.
Alina post #6: Probs with lootable pvp and mining...
Ivo #9: Rocket launchers still not working as expected. Ammo goes through target and ammo is lost. [my addition: yes, and when swap-equipped while on auto after heal or so, even aiming at the ground right by the mob can 'miss' the next shot, even though clearly in range of the explosion]
#13: Repairing walls at robot attack forts has been removed, pretty much breaking the event itself it would seem (according to reports)

Last edited:
Maybe people don't want to share half-broken stuff that may also be giving advantages, such as closed-off paths for players not fast enough to grab something while working. It makes me consider that some breaks may actually be intentional, and that other breaks are also needed to generate the overall atmosphere of 'broken, but don't bother asking'.
In that respect, EU has already seen much 'emergent gameplay' based around the secrecy of illicitness. Perhaps it's the future too, but I'm hoping the community overall can persuade the devs to take a different course. Wishful thinking?

Literally the entire economy - Markups on hunting and mining loots make most of it TT food unless you have a ridiculous volume of it.

Coats get bugged when overlayed onto most armor legs.

Broken is the lootable pv :
- Arka is full of new players mining at border and keeping their loot in pitbulls.
- Getting oil hofs refining them and then using the vehicle to refuel inside the lootable area> they get killed with 1-2 peds loot lol
- low life abuse all the time to avoid getting looted

Freshly leaked from something called F1, apparently you press the same button to turn DRS on and then off again. It wasn't working properly, the driver was pissed off that such a high tech team couln't even get a flap to work, and was told maybe he was pressing the button too often - just try pressing the button once.
Sound familiar? But yes, I guess I also mean broken game mechanics such as PVP features, not only direct bugs such as radar glitches and so on. MA have already sounded the fog horn of dystopia by mentioning emergent gameplay - that which they hadn't actually planned or thought about...
Quickly add mini mayhem to the list?

Reluctantly I can straight away add new content as having errors and being pretty much useless anyway over at NI. Yes, I'll be selling mats for the new content I guess, but want to flag up the following.
One of the missions rewards with bps for (L) harvesters, but these show up in the armour category part of the AH, or at least that's where orders show them as belonging. On top of that, it has been years already that the otiginal (L) tree-cutting tools with different visuals have been regarded as useless, because unl(L) tree harvesters are available for an mu of just 10-15 peds or so.

Then there are the replica eggs, which may disappear from storage or inventory if you attempt to stack them. I've not relogged to see if 2 of mine will reappear... - will update. Maybe they will have a use in the future in a similiar way to over at Cyrene, but we are being asked to craft them, they have weight and where are we supposed to put them?

Also, someone's fetish for signs and paintings continues unabated. What are we supposed to do with bp after bp of sign this and sign that? It smacks of rather broken crafting functionality.

On a slight positive, apparently 2 bps in the NI hoplite armour series have changed mats to replace obsolete mats. I can thus note something tentatively as fixed, but as far as I know, various individual mats for the nip weaps and other stuff are still absent, so several other bps need changing too.

Edit: Oh, NI does have trees now, so I guess in theory the lack of trees has been 'fixed'.

Adding in the subject of repairable walls at forts. This has apparently been removed by MA, rather than fixing the fixing feature, or whatever may have been bad about the balancing.
This has lead to complaints that the robot recapture events as a whole have been comprimised and are thus broken now. I assume this means the fort terminals and tp are inaccessible while the enemy is in control? What a shambles!

Currently on NI at last session a tp wasn't showing on radar and neither were some mobs in a same-maturity spawn. I could kill and loot, but how does such a bug activate? What is corrupt or incomplete such that one mob shows as a red dot but another doesn't?

Thanks for commenting here, Heimdal.
It's been three months since the post and six months since the thread start.
I believe fort walls can be (partially?) repaired again now? = action taken, dunno how well, though... :)
Bristlehog pet taming STILL bugged - cannot execute the tame procedure - why has this not been fixed?! Is it a lessson for noobs that some stuff simply doesn't work, so they may as well learn this early?

Any new (or older stuff)? Are floors still bugged at some malls?

• Land plot functionality. MA introduced land plots and the ability to build a small house and vegetable garden. Some were built, but many plots stayed empty. Homes can be used, but I believe the materials or the harvested vegetables, or the bps to make weaps from them... something has gone wrong so that there is no activity here. Has anybody at all successfully used the functions in the last 18 months or so?

I can help with this:

Gardening works, but there currently is no use for the Transgen Fruits you get. There was initially a set of Adapted Isis gun BPs released to use them, but MA discontinued these BPs shortly afterwards, as was confirmed in the last AMA.

Are floors still bugged at some malls?

PA mall was slow to load for me last night, but once it loaded it stayed.

I haven't fallen through a floor in a couple of weeks, but didn't see any announcement of change and I haven't been shopping a lot.

Fort events. These take place at two neighbouring forts as a fight in multiple rounds to destroy each other's forts. It was popular a long time ago to begin with, but imbalances or 'cheats' meant people lost interest. Is this activity still possible even in theory now?

Do you mean the land grabs? I haven't thought about that in a long time, maybe I'll go see if the forts are still there.

Floors are still bugged, I have one shop where it's bad, the whole mall dissappears on me almost every time.

whole mall dissappears

LOL I can't hotlink an image from arkadiaforum.

I haven't even gone to ARK since I started again, and I actually have a ton of stuff I need to get from storage.

For instance, I depo while over a thousand PED of veneer sits in that storage because I won't set foot on the planet. I don't know though it's not entirely fair to them when obviously, the entire universe has this problem. But Calypso took action and this helped in a lot of areas, while ARK refuses and just endlessly blamed MA.

Celeste North #10 will rot until they take action.

Do you mean the land grabs?
Fort events were not to grab land but to win the peds spent in battle by both teams over the bookable event time. Costs were set at just 10% of normal firepower costs, so the fun of battle was something all could take part in. A shooting-through-walls bug made it easier to destroy the opponent quickly round after round if you had the right weap I guess, and get winning points. Once people started turning away, the decline set in, as you needed a critical mass of players to make it fun in the first place. Without people turning up, organisers stopped organising (booking timeslots) and the whole thing died completely.

EU5 teamplay is not going to go well if the gameplay isn't playable, enjoyable, profitable?, etc. even in stand-alone areas of activity.
What do we currently have in theory for teams?
Fort events, robot instances, land grabs, a space team event, that sektor instance thingie that has different levels? Are any of these doing well?

I think mining skills are broken. The more you skill the more it doesn't really matter.

Skills in mining surely enable you to find stuff at more depth because you can use better finders.
If you mean broken in the sense that the possibilities max out fast and that most of what you need is actually knowledge of where to find stuff, then maybe something is currently broken in mining, yes.
Apparently MA have recently changed the mining maps again, but personally, I don't know if that makes the concept broken, just 'rearranged'. I'm pretty noob in mining, haven't used depth enhancers and no longer knew where better mu stuff was anyway, but I've seen a rise in lyst mu, which seems counterintuitive if even experienced players are getting more lyst while they relearn the current dynamics (whatever MA have changed 'beneath the surface'). If many seasoned miners have currently stopped or massively reduced amped runs, though, then that may have resulted in even lyst becoming a bit rarer on the markets right now.
Thanks for flagging this up as a potentially 'broken' area, Robin :).

why are vixen cyborgs considered luther animals and not robots? they are with current)

Can Vixens sweat?

why are vixen cyborgs considered luther animals and not robots? they are with current)
In either case, blueprints like D-class amps should be able to use either animal or robot residue, so that's a known bug.

Not sure if it's broken or just not supposed to work, the MF amps have lifesteal, although when using it on a arso chip i don't get any lifesteal? I would imagine it should work like mod resto, lifesteal while heal or in this case damage is done from arso?!

Back