Question: What is next for Attribute Tokens after the missions are gone?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
I have knocked out nearly all of the Iron Missions that were in my journal and have a few piles of Attribute Tokens in Storage.
  • Does the end of the mission system mark the end of Attribute Tokens?
  • Should I turn in the tokens I have before the Token Trader is removed or am I safe to wait a while?
  • Will we ever get a way to earn more tokens?
  • Will Stamina ever be unlocked so we can start earning it naturally?
:scratch2:

EDIT: I know we can turn in less than 100 tokens now. But I don't want to end up with 8.05 Stamina after the Attribute Token missions are removed since Stamina is all about how many missions you did and you can't skill it naturally. I would rather have a whole number.

Last edited:
You still can get and turn in the attribute tokens on other planets, and when the codex arrive there too there will be a grace period similar to Caly when the both systems coexist. So you probably have at least a year.

Unlocking Stamina makes sense only if they give it some more substantial use than 1 hp per 9.25 points, like faster natural regen for example. As things are, Stamina is merely a status symbol and unlocking it wouldn't be too fair towards the people who were going out of their ways doing crap missions for it.

Last edited:
If there isn't a replacement for attributes, it's going to create a situation with some people have hundreds of agility and a group of people who never have the chance to get above 100 or so.

This was actually going to be my question for the upcoming AMA.

Purpose. That's what the Iron Missions, and attribute rewards gave us. A purpose to go hunt a certain mob instead of another.

The Codex is good, but it's not complete, in my opinion. MA needs to implement unique rewards to each mob, so people have that feeling of purpose again. The Codex is bland, it simply needs more.

I hope to see a unique rewards system put in that goes on top of the codex, or replaces the current codex rewards, that are unique to each mob, and it should include attribute rewards.

They need to hire someone familiar with the psychology of gaming.

Because the Codex doesn't give the same dopamine hit the old missions did. It's great as a supplement, but is a failure on it's own.

Every mob has the same bland rewards. Doesn't matter what you hunt.

Unlocking Stamina makes sense only if they give it some more substantial use than 1 hp per 9.25 points, like faster natural regen for example. As things are, Stamina is merely a status symbol and unlocking it wouldn't be too fair towards the people who were going out of their ways doing crap missions for it.
It may seem unfair to ask for Stamina to be unlocked so we can earn it, but many participants started off with 8 Stamina points 9 Stamina points when they created their avatar. This was stopped before I joined so I had to work really hard to get the 6 points I have now - I'm not upset about it, but in the spirit of fairness, is that fair?
:beerchug:
EDIT: see strike-through

Last edited:
It may seem unfair to ask for Stamina to be unlocked so we can earn it, but many participants started off with 8 Stamina points when they created their avatar. This was stopped before I joined so I had to work really hard to get the 6 points I have now - I'm not upset about it, but in the spirit of fairness, is that fair?
Yes I started with 9 and won't mind if they remove 8 points from mine. Even though I could bring up an argument that people before my time used to tt Shadow armor and so I should get one too ?

is that fair

Yes it is because old avatars with 9 stamina started with 89 hp base and new avatars with 1 stamina started with 90 hp.
Considering the only thing that matter is HP and stamina contributes to HP the end result is the same therefore it doesnt matter.

Yes I started with 9 and won't mind if they remove 8 points from mine. Even though I could bring up an argument that people before my time used to tt Shadow armor and so I should get one too ?
Those are good points. In a year or so when all of the Attribute missions are gone on all planets, it will become very difficult (impossible?) for new participants to raise their Stamina above 1. They will envy my puny 6 Stamina points :thumbup:
Then I look at someone like Messi91 (below) and realize how insignificant my avatar really is :hammer:
index.php

I wouldn't be surprised if they just removed attributes from the game without advance warning or compensation.

Stamina is merely a status symbol and unlocking it wouldn't be too fair towards the people who were going out of their ways doing crap missions for it.

Hahahahaha MA ...hahaha being "fair" hahaha

:laugh:

Svarog you are far funnier than I gave you credit for.

They have already said that we can hand in tokens at token trader even if stack is less than 100, you just get the appropriate percentage. Sadly however the dev team seem incapable of doing the coding to cope with numbers between 1 and 100, so you can only hand in smaller stacks 1 token at a time. Worse you get the bells and whistles every token, which gets really trying if not embarrassing after the first 20 or so
But I persevered cos I wont let them just absorb them back into the system after the work we have done to get them

I wouldn't be surprised if they just removed attributes from the game without advance warning or compensation.
yep, would not suprise me either.
Unless of course there is eom magical number in the ranks of the codex you have to pass in order to be also able to get attributes.
Was on Ambus on retry 6 when they adjusted the codex, so definately no attributes at retry 5.
Codex could have been a good idea, if there was actually some really good compensation like a buff against the mobs unlocked.
but the way it is now, it is a PED sink you can not even quit (unless someone is really naive enough that they get the skills for free, my PED card says otherwise, feels like I am paying for those skills the same I would have to pay at auction)

Missions that will be removed are those with structure as Iron missions, so those where you have to visit
a position or hand in some bones or similar should still be available, I guess.
Another thing to remember is that Codex is released in its initial state, it will be developed in the future,
well at least due to what MA said, we'll see if that happens. :p
I made a suggestion for a daily mission with attribute tokens as reward, similar to those we have with
daily tokens today. Hopefully that is the reason why we now have possibilty to had in 1 token at the time.

I made a suggestion for a daily mission with attribute tokens as reward, similar to those we have with
daily tokens today. Hopefully that is the reason why we now have possibility to had in 1 token at the time.
This would spur me to do the daily missions. Good idea!

Speaking of Iron mission and tokens completions and such.

I was wondering if there is a deadline date posted for Iron missions and if it was extended?

"Removing the irons are planned during the 2020 Q3 release (20200901)" -- My|Mindark on Discord
Has MindArk said how they will tackle the remaining planets? Will all of the Iron-type missions become locked on September 1, 2020 - meaning we can finish the ones listed in our Journal, but not take any new missions?

I need five more Stamina Tokens to get a nice round 100 (I want whole numbers of Stamina points). I was hoping to be able to work my way up and finish the Quwa Challenge - Mokhat Stage 3 mission. But I have not even started Stage 1 because I am pedal-down on the Caly Irons.

Anyone have any insight?
:scratch2:

EDIT: fixed my link typo.

Last edited:
Has MindArk said how they will tackle the remaining planets? Will all of the Iron-type missions become locked on September 1, 2020 - meaning we can finish the ones listed in our Journal, but not take any new missions?

I'm not even sure if other planets will get codex in the upcoming update, because, for example, Cyrene devs said that they will give players "ample time to know when the Codex will be implemented" and there wasn't a word on that since then yet.

While it certainly would be nice to have one year buffer time to finish irons on planet partners like we had on caly, the argument could also be made that we got the one year because codex was kinda a surprise - we could as well have spent the year finishing irons on other planets.
Mindark has not explicitly stated if they give extra time for each planet partner separately, if they did they would incentivice players to leave calypso and hunt in other places - which is something they havent really done in the past.
I guess soon we will know.

Back