What is the cheapest/most efficient Blue Print to Craft for general crafting skills?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
Im wanting to level my crafting skills as fast and as cheap as possible by letting my avatar running 1000s of runs per day while I afk. I have things like the Brukite texture bp and a substantial amount of brukite and stone extractors which seems to fit the bill but the MU on stone extractors is fairly high so was hoping there is another Crafting combo that is even cheaper than that to skill on.

Like all things in EU, it depends on what your level target is, and what crafting skills you want to level. There is no point in leveling crafting just for fun, you should have a goal in mind like you want to craft D-Class amps or ArMatrix LR-45's.
As your skill level increases, your skill gains decrease on lower level BP's, which means you could craft EP1 for over a million clicks and still not get to a very high level.
Fast and cheap way to get to level 10 in Engineering and unlock Blueprint Comprehension is EP1 on Monria with the daily. If you don't have BP Comprehension unlocked, you should aim for this first as it will help level most crafting skills as its level increases.

If you are going to be crafting everyday and do nothing else, then might as well just stay on Monria for the daily to avoid all the back and forth with Caly....there are shops that have crafting resources on Monria.
Also if you are really serious about crafting, find a mentor who specializes in crafting and learn from them.

Side note - fast and cheap don't normally go together in EU, generally its 'cheap and slow' or 'fast and expensive'. Take your pick.

EP 2 is better bet than EP1 as the rule of 3 exists... Blueprints will loot you new blueprints within 3 levels of the bp you are crafting... If you just want level 1-3 junk go ahead with ep1... also ep1 has the rounding down issue...

Also, maybe look to other planets as some blueprints require sweat as a component ingredient :)

Filters still work... also, uh, think about what you are doing. I believe there is at least one blueprint that only requires one ingredient... if you can find that one item that may end up being fairly easy...

You don't need to be on Monria, once you have the mission. Your successes on Caly will count.
True, but uh, if you want to do it 'daily' you will need to be on Monria to restart it the next day... RT has some type of crafting thing and Cyrene does too, but it's not as rewarding as the Monria one.

Whats this Monria crafting mission?

There's a guy named Tobi at the Hub, on the 2nd floor. He gives you 75 pec of Engineering for crafting 500 items (500 successes), you can repeat this mission "daily" (every 16 hours I believe).

Everytime I go to Monria I take the mission but I craft everything on Caly cause I don't want to risk my materials through lootable PvP space. But if you are doing EP1, you just buy the nanocubes there from the TT so that's not a problem.

Legends

There's a guy named Tobi at the Hub, on the 2nd floor. He gives you 75 pec of Engineering for crafting 500 items (500 successes), you can repeat this mission "daily" (every 16 hours I believe).

Everytime I go to Monria I take the mission but I craft everything on Caly cause I don't want to risk my materials through lootable PvP space. But if you are doing EP1, you just buy the nanocubes there from the TT so that's not a problem.

Legends
why not craft stuff there from RT? Pretty straight shot to RT from Monria, and it's a corner of space pirates don't look too often. Also, with recent changes to the space map... well...

You don't need to be on Monria, once you have the mission. Your successes on Caly will count.

that may be true, however you got to accept the mission on monria, don't you? flying monria <> caly costs money, so if you want to save money, you better stay on monria as long as the EP1 skilling is going on.

Also ep1 has the rounding down issue...

EP1 no longer has a rounding issue, MA fixed it by giving shrapnel for return less than 1 pec.
i.e if you get a near success of 0.008, this used to be a fail as it wasn't 1 pec. Now you would get 0.008 in shrapnel.
Also works for over 1 pec returns, ie near success of 0.112 would get you 11 pec plus .001 in shrapnel.

that may be true, however you got to accept the mission on monria, don't you? flying monria <> caly costs money, so if you want to save money, you better stay on monria as long as the EP1 skilling is going on.

I think you are misunderstanding my remark. All I was doing is sharing one particular piece of knowledge that is not well known. A lot of people assume this mission has to be done on Monria or will not count, I merely wanted to just let it be known that this isn't the case.

If he is level 0, then sure, go ahead and make some useless explo projectiles for a while, but if he is a few levels up, he might want to do some research and figure out if there's something he could craft for mu instead, as that is the only way to break even or come out ahead a little. It is unknown what level crafter he is so I can't advise on that.

But there are a lot of metal components that can be crafted for profit atm, for example basic sheet metal is selling well on auction for a steady (albeit small) profit, same with Durable Hood (a bit higher level that one), and some Mountings...

Anyway I'm not going to serve it all up on a silver platter, some work/research on your part has to be done, but it's possible to skill AND make a bit of profit, just have to do your homework. But fot that, you might want to be on Caly, so a bit of travelling back and forth would be required.

Is it worth it? Sure. Especially since MA removed the 2 ped fee to enter the planet. It will cost you 10 pec space thruster decay for re-entry into Caly and a bit of fuel, and you will get 75 pec engineering, which has a much higher worth and mu than Oil and Space Thrusters.

Anyway, I think I've laid it out for you, just gotta look into it for yourself and make up your own mind about what I'm saying.

Legends

PS: But don't do 100 clicks, tally your results and then say it's not profitable, that's not how crafting works. You keep track of all your runs for a week and your auction sales and then you'll have a better picture of it long-term.

PPS: another thing to consider is doing mothership repair runs for skills, you get lots of engineering that way and it's pretty cheap imo for someone on a limited budget.

Last edited:
Ive heard about these mothership repair runs, how do you get involved in those things, definitely interested.

Ive heard about these mothership repair runs, how do you get involved in those things, definitely interested.

I think the Varyag still runs them, not sure. There is a chat channel in game: #teamvaryag

Join the channel and ask if you can join for a repair run.

Cheers,
Legends

But there are a lot of metal components that can be crafted for profit atm, for example basic sheet metal is selling well on auction for a steady (albeit small) profit, same with Durable Hood (a bit higher level that one), and some Mountings...

Those MUs can be decieving. Fortunately i looted durable hood BP the other day and could do a quick run:
iqbotvyi.jpg

TT-return: 91,96% (1,96-6,96% higher than expected for maxed non-SIB)

costs:
85 PED for the materials.

income:
~56 PED durable hood
25,25 PED for the residue
38,56 PED for EP recycle 2
1,25 PED shrapnell

without the EP recycle 2 ~2,5 PED loss, with the EP recycle 2 36,06 PED profit.

So even with those high MU craft you may depend on EP recycle drops in order to profit.
And once more people go into those crafts, there's a chance for raw-material MU to increase while the MU of the crafted item drops.

PS: But don't do 100 clicks, tally your results and then say it's not profitable, that's not how crafting works.

You can even do that based on 100 clicks, but i'm not gonna serve you on a silver platter how to do that properly, you got to figure it out yourself.

Last edited:
That's a nice little profit! Thanks for proving my point :)

EP 1 can provide the same profit, just with lower risk...
for the monria daylie you got to do about 1500 clicks, which would be -1,5 PED @95% TT-return without EP recycle on EP1, durable hood at the click size would be about 15 PED loss @~90% TT-return without ep recycle, even more loss if factoring in flight costs.

Which means, EP 1 would be cheaper for the monria daylie ;)

EP1 can loot EP recycle 1 & 2
durable hood EP recycle 2-4...

in the end it comes down to how lucky you are with looting those EP recycle.

Last edited:
Since i just did want to do the monria daylie on some tt-food crafts, why the f are there no ressources except oil in monria auction? xD
Not even lysterium xD

what's the trade channel for monria?

Last edited:
#monriatrade

Gunner's shop at Cythalla tower should have all the stuff

i just finished my monria daylie on tt-food craft and got EP recycle 1 & 2, so profit on that one too, even more than on the Durable hood run :D
which proves my point that MU stuff may not be the best thing.

i just finished my monria daylie on tt-food craft and got EP recycle 1 & 2, so profit on that one too, even more than on the Durable hood run :D
which proves my point that MU stuff may not be the best thing.

Well then, that's a lotta people selling their crafted components at a loss on auction... Wonder why they keep doing this if they're losing money :scratch2:

I've got a log that shows that crafting widgets ends up costing you around 110% in the long-term, and they sell for 130 to 150% consistently on the auction. There's a lot of other things you can craft for profit, such as the ones I mentioned earlier (and by the way, if you have a bit of a bankroll, basic sheet metal is a very good thing to skill on in your early days as a crafter).

But you know all this already, you just like to argue with people, thinking you know more about crafting then everyone else.

The only thing that's for certain in Entropia is:

1. You can't make money off the house
2. See rule #1

So crafting EP, which has no markup at all, is a guaranteed lose.

Conversely, crafting something with markup is the only possible way to come out ahead.

I'm done arguing, this is pointless. I already have mountains of data points to draw from and I know what the reality is.

Legends

So crafting EP, which has no markup at all, is a guaranteed lose.

Conversely, crafting something with markup is the only possible way to come out ahead.

the markup on EP is the EP recycle and other BPs.
Not all TT-food crafts are garantueed loss.
That's just the way it is.

I already have mountains of data points to draw from and I know what the reality is.

So do i.

Last edited:
Back