Question: What is the difference between UGC Signs and Regular Signs?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
What is User-Generated Content? If you take a look at this screenshot, what is the fundamental difference between the capabilities of these two signs? Is UGC worth the extra cost? What is UGC vs. regular signs?

TlRvcWJ.png

:scratch2:

Last edited:
User Generated content allows you to upload your own out-of-game imagery into the sign to be viewed by all players.

yep... ugc allows you to upload a jpg file. Regular sign is just default backgrounds on the signs + fonts you put on top.

And if you don't have use for one or another PM me, I will buy either. Paying current MU%s! :)

Thank you guys. I thought anything we put on a sign was "User Generated" I totally missed the idea of uploading JPGs.

Can anyone comment on how large an Opto Sign is? Would it be too big for inside a Snug House?

Thank you guys. I thought anything we put on a sign was "User Generated" I totally missed the idea of uploading JPGs.

Can anyone comment on how large an Opto Sign is? Would it be too big for inside a Snug House?

The opto sign is big enough to have a big logo stand out, but not big enough to have loads of descriptions...

In the end it depends on what you want to present. I think for a Snug House it might be quite cool on top of the doorway maybe or on the side.

Signs (UGC/non-UGC) = lowest item point/upload cost

Screens (UGC/non-UGC) = higher item point, and upload cost, they also allow effects to be used in both UGC and non UGC in the case of opto.

The UGC costs more to start an ad, if you are not going with something you created, then the cost is still higher than the non UGC.

So mostly these come down to item points and the ad cost/capacity.

As far as size, it is about the same size as aakas city painitngs, and the ad screens at places like ashi center.

Whats the difference in item points in Gigantium signs and the UGC version? The item points are not listed.

EU wiki writes 1 for both version, i have 3 gigantium ugc in storage, you can take 1 and check if you want (and finds me online), i dont own anything currently to place and see myself.

Whats the difference in item points in Gigantium signs and the UGC version? The item points are not listed.
depends on which version. I think Mindark has altered how these work over time, so some older signs do have fewer item points than some of the newer ones... I suspect they made the change somewhere around 2010 or 2014 or so. I have one sign that I got from an old shop that I recently bought as an ad on bonus to the sale and it's got different stats than a newer similar sign from a few years later. Mindark likes to alter stats on stuff after it's in the hands of participants all of the time even though they say they don't like to do that, especially with estates and things that go in to estates. I really miss the item points in hallways on Calypso apartments. At least Rocktropia still has those.

Back