What is the main issue when crafting usable items?

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
Simple question:
What is the main issue with crafting usable items, in your opinion?
Return is probably one, but with exception of that?

I think people don’t take the time to do their research, skill or start off small and slow.

maybe you could get more in detail on what you mean ? which items, which issue?...
terminals,finders,weapons are still crafted every day.... ( incl ofc the comps also to make them)

Supply and Demand...

maybe you could get more in detail on what you mean ? which items, which issue?...
terminals,finders,weapons are still crafted every day.... ( incl ofc the comps also to make them)
Just want to know what is the biggest issue for those who craft usable items e.g armor, weapon, tools and so on.
Is it hard sell, or is it too expensive to have residue values stucked in items so some can't do size of runs as they want
and so on... I want to hear from as many crafters as possible what their p.o.v is.

problem is many farm explo bps and the product is sold super cheap

also there are few casual crafters that will cut others 1-2 months then they are gone

The downsides ive noticed are:
1) Price changes during mayhems on weapons, alot more people decide to sell due to demand.
2) Some resources can become limited during this time so you need to stockpile (either the resource or the item) to avoid spending more to make less.
3) Funds get tied up in general (not just during mayhems) as you need to make sure you do an okay run size to average out your costs. Which means you usually have more product than you wanted and have to wait for it to sell. For new crafters or those without a decent bankroll, this can stop their crafting for a while.
4) going along with #3, Bankroll is very important!
5) On VU updates, it can change resource availability and something you used to craft just suddenly became a lot more expensive to craft and may no longer be worth it. If you own a shop or focus on a certain type of item, this could mean you need to change your whole setup.

I don't find those that undercut for short periods of time a big issue, they usually can't keep up with demand anyway and your product will sell at usual price. It is something to keep in mind when listing your item(s) though. I have also undercut just to get rid of something that is wasting funds, usually those are items that i crafted for a reason (like skilling or a special order) and don't need the rest of the product that was made. Sometimes having funds sitting there doing nothing is worse than selling for less or even for a loss.

For me, it's not being able to sell what I've crafted fast enough (at break-even or a little profit). I'm always trying player to player trades though, so I'll have to learn to use the AH

I found that you need to find an item, particularly with guns that no one else is crafting. I am not going to say what I craft as I don't want the market flooded. I can do a run and end up with 10 guns of a particular kind, which I usually manage to sell within 5 days, only putting a couple at a time on AH. As for other items, although I have regen 10 UL chip, I usually use Vivo S20 which I craft myself. I craft the find amplifiers for my own use and I am close to being able to craft L24 plates, which I will also use. Events and migration will affect the saleability of an item as previously mentioned. For the daily crafting items, these just end up in the TT.

Ok, thanks for replies. Reason why I want to know is to see how many have same issue as I have,
too much value locked up in items, so I had an idea to solve that at some degree.
Gonna do suggestion thread about it.

the volatility , especially SR on L BPs, can be quite an issue.

Back