Question: What is your attitude toward new Item Releases in Entropia?

How do you feel about new item releases in Entropia? (select all that apply)

• I don't trust MA when they announce new items in the game

• I'll wait until the bugs are all fixed first

• I'll wait until it is confirmed that the new item(s) are indeed dropping/available

• I'll hurry to get the items before MA makes it unavailable or stop dropping

• I'll hurry to try and carve myself out a portion of the market on the new items released

• I'll hurry to get the discovery or be the first to have it

• If it's a nice item, I might buy it in 1-2 years when the price comes down

• I don't let new item releases influence my activities in Entropia

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
The last scandal with the new Cyrene armors being disabled has got me thinking a lot about how I should feel towards new items released in Entropia and I'm really curious how you all feel towards them as well.

There have been many broken promises in the past (for example Smuggler armor, blueprints that use Transgen Fruits from gardening, broken loot on planet partners that it took more than a year to fix in many cases, etc...). Some of these have affected some veteran players, but probably, the majority of players haven't been affected too much. So for that reason I'm sure that the feelings and perception toward new item releases are quite varied.

I've tried to think of every possible attitude that might exist out there but I'm sure I have probably forgotten some so if you have any particular feeling that isn't covered here, please share.

This is a multiple answer poll, i.e. you can select as many answers as you like. I've also set it so that you can change your answers later on in case you change your mind. All answers are private (your name will not show).

How do you feel about new item releases in Entropia? (select all that apply)

1. I don't trust MA when they announce new items in the game
2. I'll wait until the bugs are all fixed first
3. I'll wait until it is confirmed that the new item(s) are indeed dropping/available
4. I'll hurry to get the items before MA makes it unavailable or stop dropping
5. I'll hurry to try and carve myself out a portion of the market on the new items released
6. I'll hurry to get the discovery or be the first to have it
7. If it's a nice item, I might buy it in 1-2 years when the price comes down
8. I don't let new item releases influence my activities in Entropia

don't forget Perseus UL armor on Ark.... notta drop in some time

Yeah but that could be a balancing issue whereas I think it's pretty clear at this point that Smuggler armor drop has been disabled and MA never told anyone about it...

I am under that attitude that complaining incessantly , detracts from the value of what is actually the game.

Why find every fault in the game and bring it forward as if this is helpful , when in fact it creates stress within the community.

Well, there are different types of new item release: via bps, mission rewards, straight up loot, and a combination of maybe getting a pass/key to an area and then having to loot the item or its bp. I like the effort that has gone into your list, but I can't really tick any strongly enough. All are probably partly true except for 4; even with that I did actually go ahead and get the stolen armour once a definite timeline had been established for its removal! On the armatrix I was among the crafters and sellers in the early phase. I can probably say I trust MA least when there are chains of hidden/unknown actions/costs - unfortunately that seems to be the case more often, such as the labs or the space mobs and the new rk tools...

There is a long history of new stuff coming out that gets outdated quickly... UL replaced with L, Gardened Items replaced by ARMatrix, etc., etc. ad nauseam ect.

As for prices, they usually go up high for a while after introduction,, settle down, and then if it's a nice item without massive supply goes back up. Still cannot believe that shopkeepers are over 5k these days. For number of slots they offer that's way overpriced... 3k was on the high side, but geesh. Just wish all items could be sold in shops since some things like deeds cannot be sold in a shop itself, etc.

If Mindark ever puts in Ludvig's shop directory and makes maniquin pads able to sell the things they are wearing....

I am under that attitude that complaining incessantly , detracts from the value of what is actually the game.

Why find every fault in the game and bring it forward as if this is helpful , when in fact it creates stress within the community.

I'm actually highly trained and experienced in the performance of market surveys and if you take a moment to study this poll carefully you should see that there is 3 distinct sections within the answers:

1. The first 3 options are related to people that feel a sense of distrust about new item releases
2. The next 3 feel a sense of opportunity with each new item release and want to find ways to participate
3. The last 2 don't generally engage/participate in new item releases or feel unaffected.

I have done my best to remain completely objective about it. I do understand that there are many that feel that new item releases are very positive for the economy, myself included, so that is reflected in the options in this poll.

The goal here with this poll is to try and discern whether the community feels: 1) negatively about new item releases, 2) Positively, or 3) Indifferent.

You don't have to participate in the poll Bones, but please refrain from jumping to conclusions about my motives for creating it.

Cheers,
Legends

Normally on Calypso, new item releases don't bother me at all.. I am not going to invest the time or money to try to get them, because the model is based on winner takes all, and I simply can't compete anymore.
The Cyrene situation is different however. Most of their items drop if you perform certain tasks or loot enough items. So everybody can get the item they want. When the version update came, Toulan and Cyrene both had nice updates. On Toulan you could get vouchers in loot for appartments and shops and the Armor on cyrene. Since Cyrene clearly promised a chance for everyone to get the nice armors, I decided to try my luck on Toulan. On Toulan there were no drops whatsoever, so I went from planet to planet in a circle until I arrived at Cyrene. I started looting the needed items, got my first paneleon harness, and because I also own the stolen imperium armor, made sure to buy all the items to get the improved one, payed premium, but made sure I had all the items. My auction ran out 2 hours after MIndark decided to close the NPCs.
So next time a new item, that is not based on luck or winner takes all, is introduced, I will go for it straight away, before Mindark steps in to protect the home planet from any competetive attempts.

Probably a good time to bump this back up, some more votes in the poll could be useful/interesting

Still relevant..

I have seen many new items over the years that people pay over the odds for when they come out. I know from experience that once the novelty value wears off, the price stabilises to a value the community believes it should be. At that point I decide whether or not to purchase. I am not that much of a risk taker. Most of my larger investments, mainly in armour and guns has allowed me to get most if not more of my original investment back when I come to sell. It's just my play style, it is not right or wrong. Plenty of players make smart calculated investments that show them a profit on new item releases but plenty do the same and lose money so it's all about the risk you are willing to take

I would be pleased with MA creating more upgrade chains to old and forgotten. A whole new upgrade missions for Geotrek series, old armors, faps etc.

Attitude? At the moment, I am just tired. I have nothing to respond here I haven't already written elsewhere. Maybe a tl;dr -- love the game, but hate the politics. Not that this is anything new, but when they manage to really blow the lid off and slap it into your face that you're living in a virtual banana republic, you do grow weary.

Pertaining to OP's question I can say in a more generic way, the spectrum of characters this game naturally attracts has been and still is, probably will always be interesting and funny to watch, like a psychological zoo. And equally naturally, both their individual and collective behaviour gets most interesting in bad times filled with drama and disaster. I mean, who wants to only watch care bear movies? Like in a real zoo there are the cute and friendly ones, while other exhibits only serve as a warning. On display with a spotlight here is opportunism as inextricable part of our evolution. We wouldn't exist without it. But as modern civilization has fostered ways which can lift us above many of the struggles our heritage creates, inevitably there are those left behind and disenfranchised. Peace be upon them, they make great contributions to our economy.

Last edited:
So you're saying: lobsters? - that new items bring out our evolutionary traits all over again and feed into our different character types? And that is fun to watch, so we need new items for that. Doesn't that also feed your weariness, though?
What new addition would improve your (and my) attitude?

Ok, I think I get it; it's the environment surrounding new items and associated problems. Full disclosure is something I'd hope for in new chains to get items too, not just the items. I like it that the ingredients were laid open for the whole gorgon upgrades on AG, but unfortunately the stats on the released info and in game don't match (and still didn't last time I looked). With the honesty part I get the feeling some people can't cough up even the smallest molecule of the stuff with it causing them severe discomfort. I wonder what a new item based around honesty would look like?

With the honesty part I get the feeling some people can't cough up even the smallest molecule of the stuff with it causing them severe discomfort. I wonder what a new item based around honesty would look like?
This is not about items or features in the game. I mean the business, the management side of it all, as explained in previous threads. This is where the main communications come from, not from the designers and developers who would talk to us very differently if only they were allowed to. The professional environment in these upper spheres breeds a certain culture which is at the center of this conflict. Discussing this easily turns into a bottomless pit since the same relationships exist in our real lives (think of your bank, authorities, etc) but we've been numbededucated to no longer think about it and take it as if it was god-given. It is not.

Last edited:
Yeah but that could be a balancing issue whereas I think it's pretty clear at this point that Smuggler armor drop has been disabled and MA never told anyone about it...
ul item drops depend on player count / player activity and total amount cycled / killed in the required area / on the required mob type - most certainly.
arkadia has had a declining player count / activity for awhile now and smuggler armor can only drop from warehouses tto which only very few players have access, which further reduced the amount that is cycled there.
When i started huntig on monria shubs i meassured myself on killcount per global average and extrapolated from my total kills over el tracker globals to the total amount of shubs killed by the community since the mob had been introduced and round about when my killcount reached 420k with total community killcount passing the million kills the unlimited shade armor started to drop first time, only 2 pieces did drop i think of which i got neither and even now with the community killcount having passed 2 million kills and my own count being at about 997k shubs killed there havent been any more ul shade armor pieces -> i think it is safe to say that midnark has very high treshholds based on calypso activity to unlock ul item drops and other planets in general will have a really hard time to drop unlimited stuff conssistently unless it is scaled down all the way to new player stuff. Hence why next island did an awesome job of making it all new player stuff and working the gorgon armor to high end with an very long and expensive upgrade chain - this is the path for planets that have less population then calypso.

Back