Question: What made you fall in love with Entropia?

What made you fall in love with Entropia?

• 1. The Sights & Sounds (look and feel of the game)

• 2. The alien Creatures and Vegetation

• 3. The thrill of Exploring/Discovering a New World

• 4. The Open-World concept - free to go anywhere in the world

• 5. The Open-ended gameplay - free to do what I want in the world

• 6. TP runs were so fun and challenging

• 7. The community

• 8. Met great people in game

• 9. So much going on (radio shows, fashion shows, events, etc.)

• 10. Big fat HoFs on small mobs

• 11. I was hooked after my very first swirly!

• 12. It felt like there was Opportunity everywhere

• 13. The Globals/HoFs & the fact it's Real Money makes it more immersive/interesting

• 14. I loved the Free-to-Play concept

• 15. I loved the idea of being able to make money here

• 16. The possibility of being a Businessman/Entrepreneur here

• 17. So many Professional paths to choose from

• 18. It was really fun, I was really enjoying playing

• 19. The perfect blend of virtual gaming with a real life economic system

• 20. Other (please share)

Results are only viewable after voting.
The big buildings, those domes with the small tv’s. The old graphics. The exploration.

Thanks for the reply. For me, in a nutshell, there is the expression: don't do as I say, do as I mean. To adapt it would be something like: don't answer what I asked, but what I meant to ask.
As you also provide a limited number of answers, which is ok as it's a selection survey, we also have to fit what we mean and think into your categories. You then interpret the answers, but our combined horses may be pulling in very different directions.

Suffice it to say that I can agree with you that a large number of people have been here for a long time...
which is why I have also been writing about how much of what was true back then may still be relevant now for new player retention and what has changed. A freshly starting game for all against a matured game now, competition for people's time etc., are relevant to this, but also, given the results so far, that there may be survivorship bias at play too. How we answer your questions is not necessarily what is important for gaining and retaining a mass playerbase that does not play EU, nor answers your questions.
___
If MA are looking for our opinions, the famous showmaster quote: "(provide) a little something for everyone" may be wise, but with decisions as basic as "RCE or not RCE, that is the question", I think it is by far the best to keep RCE but with a strongly integrated low-level free-to-play element.

Earning enough peds via mu to be able to enter the main elements of the game, eg. sweating, swunting, then finally hunting as each player matures or decides to deposit, is one of the best approaches I think, and could be applied to the gains from time spent exploring in a larger UE5 EU too, for example.
I may be wrong, but I don't think stone and fruit walking cuts it anymore, nor does sweating for the current market value. MA knows about tinkering/balancing, so why don't we have a better balance towards a higher demand for sweat? Fragments may be working reasonably well from low-level hunting pumped into high-demand crafting, but new players need to discover this and at least be as far into the game as to understand this before giving up and leaving. Do MA plan to have full free-to-play exploration (self-funding at least), or will new players have to purchase at least a starter kit of some description?

That is somewhat more direct thinking from me to MA than via surveys, but as I've said, I value the contribution you are making, given that MA are not doing so themselves...

In the end, it's quite possible that this poll could end up being one of the most helpful I've done here as it informs MA on what's important to us players, what we value most.

Please, if you haven't voted here,would you do yourself and others a favor and do so, tell us and them what it is in EU that is/was so important to you.

This could help to ensure that the UE5 version is everything we ever wanted, and help to make that launch as successful as possible.

Please vote if you haven't

Selling at ‘the boxes’ in PA before boxes were a thing and the local PK chats near the TP ring… that feeling all kinda died for me after the cryengine update. But still around, hoping for something to feel like it used to :)

Last edited:
Hi! my history with Entropia Universe started in 2007, from memory at that time I was looking for a science fiction MMORPG, I believe it was a toss up between Anarchy online and Entropia Universe, I can't remember exactly why I chose Entropia over Anarchy but I'm eternally grateful that I did, EU was the first fully open world game I ever played, It blow my mind when I first stepped out of the spaceplane at Port Atlantis. I was off exploring, I didn't have a clue what I was doing or where I was going it was amazing. Eventually, after a day or so of getting killed by Merps and other beasts and through sheer luck I ran into another person doing the same thing I was, just running in one direction across the map exploring, We become best friends both in game and in real life, over the many years of playing EU together, He from sweden and I from australia, we would get up to the most crazy and hilarious stuff we could think of doing in game when we were low on peds and bored, good memories. When the announcement came of the update to the cryengine2 it was exciting, by this time I had built up a large network of friends in game from all around the world, including those that had connections to mind ark and eventually planet partners, in my real life I was proceeding into a graphic design/game development career and it was this that eventually lead me to working for Planet Arkadia, designing all the flora for the Planet and that work was a huge stepping stone into other career opportunities. Simply put, Entropia Universe has been good to me, I have had some of the best gaming moments of my life playing EU and I have interacted with so many wonderful people along the way, some I have made friends with in game and in real life "thorns rose" while some have moved on and nolonger play for whatever reason? now only red highlighted names on my friends list and memories remain of them. I don't know what the future holds for EU with the coming Unreal Engine5 update, though if that feeling of being dropped onto an alien world with no boundaries to hold you back and the open ended game play that leads to creating amazing, memorable and sometimes hilarious moments with people is not lost in the translation to Unreal Engine5 then I'm sure everything will be fine. I love EU. Thanks.

85 Votes now - Here are the top 5:

43.5%

5. The Open-ended gameplay - free to do what I want in the world

42.4%

3. The thrill of Exploring/Discovering a New World​

38.8%

4. The Open-World concept - free to go anywhere in the world​

36.5%

15. I loved the idea of being able to make money here

and

1. The Sights & Sounds (look and feel of the game)

Just 10 more votes to get to 100 :)

1 more vote needed to reach 100!

110 Votes! Here's where we stand:

45.5%

5. The Open-ended gameplay - free to do what I want in the world​

40.9%

3. The thrill of Exploring/Discovering a New World​

39.1%

4. The Open-World concept - free to go anywhere in the world​

37.3%

15. I loved the idea of being able to make money here​

Discovering what a superb experiment in psychology this whole thing is. A honeypot for certain characters you need to know how to deal with in the real world but are never taught to except the hard way. You can learn a lot by observing the shenanigans of those who rise and fall here after taking the bait. And also the realization that, in all probability, the developers arrived at the same discovery as they certainly didn't set out with such an intention.

Back