Question: What should MA do about loot waves?

What should MA do about loot waves?

• 1. Current loot system works just fine - leave as is

• 2. Perhaps there should be some content that is wave-free, i.e. more consistent loot

• 3. Split up content so it's about half and half - 50% with loot waves, and 50% without loot waves

• 4. Content with loot waves should be reduced; majority content should be wave-free

• 5. I believe there is a place for loot waves within my profession; needs balancing though

• 6.Some areas could benefit from loot wave mechanics but this should be isolated and optional content

• 7. Resource waves ruin the Mining profession; remove all Resource waves

• 8. Waves of "Rares" in Hunting are totally unnecessary; they need to be removed

• 9. BP drop waves need to be removed from Crafting; just make things more consistent for everybody

• 10. Eliminate all waves! There should be no waves in this game, period!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I vote 10 the current system is dogshit. It exists only to feed addiction to this game.

Random loot no weaves randomize process that way it will be more intresting !
Random = Random noob gets a gg item and everyone whine :D Its been done before and everyone hated that noob, it has been tryed before. There is not a perfect system cuz there will always be some whiners.
Game had lower % return but bigger hofs before.. none like that and now we have lower hofs and steady return and so far none has whined about it so its gonna stay :D

Random = Random noob gets a gg item and everyone whine :D Its been done before and everyone hated that noob, it has been tryed before. There is not a perfect system cuz there will always be some whiners.
Game had lower % return but bigger hofs before.. none like that and now we have lower hofs and steady return and so far none has whined about it so its gonna stay :D
So what noob willl get PED ? Why not everyone should have a chance to get lucky that noob puts money into the game like everyone else

I'll add my 2 pecs here; since MA placed specific loots within waves, I know with 100% assurance the average markup available has dropped significantly.

Loot waves in hunting forced me to become a full-time miner and a casual hunter unless the MU I'm after wasn't wave-based, which is rarer nowadays.

Because instead of being able to make my usual 1000 ped profit a month, I would be lucky if I reached 500 peds hunting the same mob after waves.

I have to say i don't like the idea of the timed loot thing i would prefer it if we keep loot dropping based on a drop rate.

To talk about the loot system as a whole i would say the loot system is like Texas Hold'em in many ways, You make your profit from the other players, You can run bad for many years but you can also run good for years, In normal live play a Royal flush comes around ones every 10 years.

If you do remove loot fluctuations you alter running good as well as running bad to more of a flat line witch might be classed as boring. I would say do not fall into the World of Warcraft trap and change the game to the point of it being something else.

Also just like being dealt a hand from the same dealer, You could hunt a mob right next so someone and have great returns for that hunt while the other person has bad returns, You cannot blame the dealer it's just maths.

I do not believe MA have some kind of slider to micro manage the TT returns as some people have suggested in the past, I believe the game is just programmed based on a long time frame witch is the cause of wide swings in TT returns.

As for MU return the more added of an item that players need the lower it's MU, There needs to be a balance and i personally like the idea of very rare drops with high MU for that jackpot Royal Flush that can happen at any time, I think If we removed those then hunting could become boring.

I also do like the idea of very rare drops from all mob levels. I do not see anything wrong in a 1 day old player hunting a puny creature and getting an Opalo TWEN for example but at the same time i do understand that having a level to aspire to can make the game more motivating.
Who knows maybe the Opalo TWEN is in the loot pool of a Puny its just not been looted yet.

Last edited:
Making profit from other players is by offering service MA killed healing get a resto chip tezlapod and life stealing and you never need a healer. So most of the old time healers switched to owning ships but now we have too many people offering transport service and since they don't like that their busines is not going aswel as it used to some even throw dirt on others to make them look bad infront of potential customers. Other service ? trading but then you get called greedy .. and profiteer and it's generally frown upon few people own shops but in generasl prices in shops are higher than what you can buy the stuff thru direct trading or the auction. Why ? - cus most of the shops are being owned by someone and the people have to pay rent or cough up 45k ped to own one. Ma is involved here aswel since theres a considerable ammount of property that include shops not being released to the playerbase being locked for years . Ask for balace - answer you will get some with UO5 but thats 2 years away ! I often say this and ill keep saying it for 20 years of Entropia we have a community of individuals where every man is for himself. We have no community to speak of and no community representatives to adress the issues with the game and to act as liason from players to MA. Having someone randomly pop a thread and say well but we don't like how game is threating us is something MA does not pay atention to mostly ignored seen plenty of those over the years and that dosen't do anything they get upset and leave then someone else shows up and the cyrcle is repeated!

Back