Question: What software/drivers/etc can interfere with Entropia?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
I recently discovered that certain software or drivers can interfere with Entropia.
Specifically, installing a packet sniffer (Nmap with the Npcap Loopback Adaptor device) will cause the client loader to refuse logins with a message that your account has been locked and to contact support. The response from support was little help to solve the problem.

What other software or drivers are known to interfere with Entropia operating properly?

I'll guess that MA designed Entropia to not run if it detects anything on MA's black-list of software with a history of widespread usage by black-hatters (like Nmap).

At work I've a list of such software that's instant dismissal for anyone caught running them without the sysadmin's (me) permission and yes Nmap is on that list, and yes I've run it on my work network to find vulnerabilities before they become a problem.

Anyways not attacking you for asking or for any software you use at home, just keeping it brief and to the point. :wise:
And to let you know why this topic is probably going to be locked down soon. :dunno:

Seems I'm running into this problem myself now.

Had to use Nmap to work on some non-Entropia related issues, but now I seem to have login issues.

I've uninstalled Nmap (using Revo to clear all lingering leftovers) and rebooted my computer, but still unable to log back in.

Anyone else experience and know a good solution? :scratch2:

I've uninstalled Nmap (using Revo to clear all lingering leftovers) and rebooted my computer, but still unable to log back in.

I did not have to uninstall Nmap to be able to login again -- I simply made the Npcap Loopback Adaptor disabled from the Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections.
I presume you've tried your account on another computer (or another account on this computer) to be certain the computer is the problem and not your account..?
If the loopback adaptor is not the issue, maybe whatever you were able to fix by using Nmap to diagnose could be interfering.

I simply made the Npcap Loopback Adaptor disabled from the Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections.

That was the ticket. Issue solved. Thanks :thumbup:

Back