What the duck is WSS?

Yes they are basically m2s/doa with some cccp and some others and here are some reasons people might complain about them.

LG: They have controlled all landgrab areas for a while now and also get support from a few warants when needed. It is basically impossible to take the lands worth fighting for away from them because if they get attacked by big numbers they have many people stand in safe area ready to jump in circle when needed. Lag/crashes makes it near impossible to stay organized with big numbers while attacking them as well.

MM: They share the terminator (as well as some other items) around now during mayhem events and even people getting the 25% loot bonus still couldn't beat the terminator dps. If you look at this last mayhem you can see 8+ top prizes were won by using it (not to mention halloween mayhem etc which more prizes were won). Have to admit that's bit too unbalanced and silly that it's possible to win so many.

Those are the main things I hear. There is also less talked about stuff like for months on CP there were server resets in the new hive area and each time bosses were spawned. They seemed to know exactly when to log in for them and get most mutated bones. Thankfully now MA changed that so they don't spawn like that.
They also have some members that love to play innocent and say they never exploit and accuse many others of many exploits as well as complain about people mob training in pvp when they have done it a lot themselves.

just wanted to check what is this Rukin talked so BS, and guess what didnt surprized me its soc: BAAAAAAAAA :DDD lol

just wanted to check what is this Rukin talked so BS, and guess what didnt surprized me its soc: BAAAAAAAAA :DDD lol

Why does it matter what soc I'm in? All I did was answer some of the reasons people might complain about WSS and no lies. There is much more people complain about like how certain someone buys and plays many avatars but I know these types of discussions will just turn into big trash talk. Only thing that can really be questioned is the safe area use in LG which I actually don't feel is exploited that much but even your own member admitted to doing it in this thread.

Really, I hear people whinning they win all the events about the terminator; they want to radar enabled to be able to pk better in PVP4 and what-other nonsense.

Who is Why so Serious; and why are all these people so serious about why so serious?

As far as I can see, they are just like M2S, DOA and now renamed themself to WWS? Just the same people with high skills I guess.

Is there any more reason to wine about WWS then m2s, doa and the likes?

I'd say your post was the catalyst for Civil War Arco....LOL.

The people against the Entropian Elite...it's our time :D

Pay back for the Terminator

Rick

I really support idea to make soc and fight in LG. If wss will loose it means you were stronger, and dont need to call other cheaters, buggers and so on. I expect to have good fight and have fun (thats why i like pvp). Main thing what i afraid is LAGGG. When BA have big team, we ALL crashing alot (it means more ppl=more lag). Maybe think about quality not quantity...

Why dosnt u all make a WSS haters thread, gatherer together and make a team and go in PvP4 and make some action! ;)

reason why i said PvP4 and not LG is becouse we are lot more people at LG and i know it would be alot of lagg.

You better make a new team and go attack inside PvP4 instead :cool:

reason why i said PvP4 and not LG is becouse we are lot more people at LG and i know it would be alot of lagg.

You better make a new team and go attack inside PvP4 instead :cool:

To get something clear; most of us are not WSS haters; we just wanted a fun event and what is better then try to beat some ubers in a LG.
Teaming up and going to PvP4 to try to kill Joda while he is streaming seems kinda fun; but does not have the epicness a full blown LG assault has.

To get something clear; most of us are not WSS haters; we just wanted a fun event and what is better then try to beat some ubers in a LG.
Teaming up and going to PvP4 to try to kill Joda while he is streaming seems kinda fun; but does not have the epicness a full blown LG assault has.

I know most arent WSS haters, but it makes some people more mad and want to fight ;)

I know most arent WSS haters, but it makes some people more mad and want to fight ;)

There usually are complains that PVP4 is "empty of players". Maybe that's because everyone knows that it's been dominated by a handfull of players, collectively known as their team name "Zverys" (that's now a part of WSS). Congrats, you won pvp4.

Now after landgrab, I'll spelll it out here: If WSS manages to hold off a force consisting of pretty much all ative players, it's a show that WSS is the "Winners". Congratulations. WSS has the best items, the most skilled players, it's been shown in mayhem and it's now been shown you are unbeatable in landgrab.

Now, where can the incentive for the rest of the players be. You have the best skills, so you can use the highest-level items and be ahead. You have the top-level items which means someone else doesn't. For land ownership, you're the second force after "investment Groups". The most Active pirates joined force with you, so if you really wanted you could probably also dominate space.

Congratulations, you just took the last of hope for all the others to even try. It will be you, and possibly your allies, fresh beginners, and the rest will be gone. And as for the future for pvp at that Point, well you can Always TT the SGA VREX 2000's. (The resellers will probably be gone as soon as they realize that there is just a Group of players who already have it all, and a Group of players who have zero PEDs.)

You claim BAHQ to be your biggest enemy, but it would be interesting to see how many in core BAHQ that were fighting, those in BAHQ who used to fight in langdrabs a few years ago. (You already have an ex BAHQ in a leading position in your soc, I guess everyone knows who I'm talking about..)

Last edited:

Many of us have children and know how to deal with such behaviour :)

Also, if you make a soc that usurps most people that are into PvP you'll come to the conclusion that the only rivals to fight are already at your side.

So WSS dominates in MM, in LG and in PvP; if it was a single player game it would be endgame, you won. gratz to you all.

Thing is, what will happen next?
There should not be a mid level player left that holds the dreams to become uber one day; because what does it mean?
Why would anyone new player start to play this game? Why should we continue to play?
Half the game is developing, hoping to grow stronger, to be able to achieve more; but as it stands today progress leads to nothing.

the 2008 skill nerf was the start of this; the last LG where a truce made fighting obsolete was already the sign that most of this game died. It doesn't matter what creativeness the PP bring to this. the core is death; positions set in stone.

The thing that is hapening; this settlement in a MMO is an end scenario most game designers try to avoid.

You know what; you got me thinking. I'll think I'll log off and take a walk in nature. Entropia seems to have lost another bit of meaning with this realisation.

the 2008 skill nerf was the start of this; the last LG where a truce made fighting obsolete was already the sign that most of this game died. It doesn't matter what creativeness the PP bring to this. the core is death; positions set in stone.

Actually, the fort LGs made the part a bit more vivid.

For a time, when it was BAHQ and cK, there was fights with pretty even forces, from time to time. What made it happen was that there was other players who from time to time shifted the Alliance, like the "frenchmen" and random people from CCCP fighting on both sides.

One problem I mentioned, Before the fort landgrabs, whas that the lease period was so long that there could have happened things with the society. Another problem was that the old landgrabs, with nominally 6 month leases, were handled manually by MA more or less, so there were times there could be over a year between the LGs. And at each LG, the rules were different (one of the toughest rules was that when societies below top-50 were explicitly not allowed to claim and keep a LA).

The area Pvp4 was created during a long wait between landgrabs.

So as I see it, the fort events was a big step forward, and forcing societies to be Active, to at least show up at fort once/month.

The WSS is a different thing: There has been some mentions about the predecessor of WSS, "Winterfell", being a part of a meta-mmorpg called "Nexus". Not sure if it's true or not.

Beside the skill nerf, Another thing is the item drop nerf that happened in 2005-2006, and that the players who have been Active from that time and until the time there was decent (L) weapons has been falling behind meanwhile.

In the old Days, friends would have taken other friends from society A and B to form an equally powerful sociey C, and then there would be fights A+B vs C or A+C vs B or some other combinaiton, and A, B and C would be generally as powerful. Now WSS has the core of skilled pvp, they have soem of the oldest and most skilled players in it (Joda, right?), Star. Buck Buck Stone, was a former AoW but is now fighting for WSS, right? And WSS also takes help from Warants.
As for items, with top-level repairable ITMems being tiered for years, tier 7-8, even if new items would drop (to people outside WSS) it would take time (years) to get it up in level.

Unless WSS disbands into independent fractions (who really would fight eachother), it seems the only way to bring action into landgrabs would be some greater force come into play. Like RX. In the short run WSS would have nothing to gain from "disbandment" though, especially if it means going down in status (like losing landareas, and not have sole sovereignity over pvp4). And I guess the people in WSS doesn't want that either, they want to work with other equally great members to keep being on top.

Last edited:
Interesting thinkin, just one small mistake: Buck Buck Stone fight against WSS, but some warants helping for WSS (sometimes :) )

Actually, the fort LGs made the part a bit more vivid.

For a time, when it was BAHQ and cK, there was fights with pretty even forces, from time to time. What made it happen was that there was other players who from time to time shifted the Alliance, like the "frenchmen" and random people from CCCP fighting on both sides.

One problem I mentioned, Before the fort landgrabs, whas that the lease period was so long that there could have happened things with the society. Another problem was that the old landgrabs, with nominally 6 month leases, were handled manually by MA more or less, so there were times there could be over a year between the LGs. And at each LG, the rules were different (one of the toughest rules was that when societies below top-50 were explicitly not allowed to claim and keep a LA).

The area Pvp4 was created during a long wait between landgrabs.

So as I see it, the fort events was a big step forward, and forcing societies to be Active, to at least show up at fort once/month.

The WSS is a different thing: There has been some mentions about the predecessor of WSS, "Winterfell", being a part of a meta-mmorpg called "Nexus". Not sure if it's true or not.

Beside the skill nerf, Another thing is the item drop nerf that happened in 2005-2006, and that the players who have been Active from that time and until the time there was decent (L) weapons has been falling behind meanwhile.

In the old Days, friends would have taken other friends from society A and B to form an equally powerful sociey C, and then there would be fights A+B vs C or A+C vs B or some other combinaiton, and A, B and C would be generally as powerful. Now WSS has the core of skilled pvp, they have soem of the oldest and most skilled players in it (Joda, right?), Star. Buck Buck Stone, was a former AoW but is now fighting for WSS, right? And WSS also takes help from Warants.
As for items, with top-level repairable ITMems being tiered for years, tier 7-8, even if new items would drop (to people outside WSS) it would take time (years) to get it up in level.

Unless WSS disbands into independent fractions (who really would fight eachother), it seems the only way to bring action into landgrabs would be some greater force come into play. Like RX. In the short run WSS would have nothing to gain from "disbandment" though, especially if it means going down in status (like losing landareas, and not have sole sovereignity over pvp4). And I guess the people in WSS doesn't want that either, they want to work with other equally great members to keep being on top.

There usually are complains that PVP4 is "empty of players". Maybe that's because everyone knows that it's been dominated by a handfull of players, collectively known as their team name "Zverys" (that's now a part of WSS). Congrats, you won pvp4.

Now after landgrab, I'll spelll it out here: If WSS manages to hold off a force consisting of pretty much all ative players, it's a show that WSS is the "Winners". Congratulations. WSS has the best items, the most skilled players, it's been shown in mayhem and it's now been shown you are unbeatable in landgrab.

Now, where can the incentive for the rest of the players be. You have the best skills, so you can use the highest-level items and be ahead. You have the top-level items which means someone else doesn't. For land ownership, you're the second force after "investment Groups". The most Active pirates joined force with you, so if you really wanted you could probably also dominate space.

Congratulations, you just took the last of hope for all the others to even try. It will be you, and possibly your allies, fresh beginners, and the rest will be gone. And as for the future for pvp at that Point, well you can Always TT the SGA VREX 2000's. (The resellers will probably be gone as soon as they realize that there is just a Group of players who already have it all, and a Group of players who have zero PEDs.)

You claim BAHQ to be your biggest enemy, but it would be interesting to see how many in core BAHQ that were fighting, those in BAHQ who used to fight in langdrabs a few years ago. (You already have an ex BAHQ in a leading position in your soc, I guess everyone knows who I'm talking about..)

I remember being in Dawn Daemons Rises (with 6 other WSS members) and in the 2008 land grab (I think) about 4-5 Warants killed 30+ of us without 1 of them dieing (they reset the claim). It was fairly humiliating, and kinda looked impossible to ever challenge such players: with their 250+ hp and fancy faps. However, I guess those WSS players didn't give up hope, skilled up, and are now in the position those Warants players were at. So, I wouldn't give up all hope, things change, just not overnight. This game takes a lot of time to achieve anything; as we all know.

I remember being in Dawn Daemons Rises (with 6 other WSS members) and in the 2008 land grab (I think) about 4-5 Warants killed 30+ of us without 1 of them dieing (they reset the claim). It was fairly humiliating, and kinda looked impossible to ever challenge such players: with their 250+ hp and fancy faps. However, I guess those WSS players didn't give up hope, skilled up, and are now in the position those Warants players were at. So, I wouldn't give up all hope, things change, just not overnight. This game takes a lot of time to achieve anything; as we all know.

The difference is that back then there was a number of independent societies.

The WSS from today, created from core of Winterfell (Snow Moe and Joker Poker Ubersmoker) has gathered the top-level platers, including Star, Joda (most skilled back in 2006 even?), the pvp veterans from pvp4 who knows pvp inside out, having members with very nice gear (now many V-Rex 2000 SGA and Eredicator type four is there? Mod faps? Foerippers? Mamba+ rocket launchers?)

The fact that wss thought/complained over that the "attackers" didn't have organized attacks kind'a shows that there wasn't a United force that attacked, that is, there wasn't any bigger Group of veterans that attacked.

Meanwhile, landgrab for landgrab, WSS will keep tiering their gear, and the rest of us has (L) gear that will go into TT when it's been used. And I doubt MA will let good gear "rain" - and if they did, it would probably be people from wss that (due to their skills and gear) would have the biggest chance to loot it. (Warants are partially fighting with WSS.)

But sure, there might be Another force in the future, but I have a hard time to see where it comes from, at least right now. WSS claims they have 30 Active members, how many serious enemies at their level do they have? 10 maybe?

It's not only the amount of keen players. It's also a quesiton of a limited set of gears, the cost to acquire the gear, and the opportunity to skill up to Star's and Joda's level.

Dawn Deamon rises weren't also Anonymous upcomers, it was a cadet society of Dawn Deamons who did a good job in the earlier landgrabs (they did a good job at maintaning the thorifoid LA South of Neas Place).

The difference is that back then there was a number of independent societies.

The WSS from today, created from core of Winterfell (Snow Moe and Joker Poker Ubersmoker) has gathered the top-level platers, including Star, Joda (most skilled back in 2006 even?), the pvp veterans from pvp4 who knows pvp inside out, having members with very nice gear (now many V-Rex 2000 SGA and Eredicator type four is there? Mod faps? Foerippers? Mamba+ rocket launchers?)

The fact that wss thought/complained over that the "attackers" didn't have organized attacks kind'a shows that there wasn't a United force that attacked, that is, there wasn't any bigger Group of veterans that attacked.

Meanwhile, landgrab for landgrab, WSS will keep tiering their gear, and the rest of us has (L) gear that will go into TT when it's been used. And I doubt MA will let good gear "rain" - and if they did, it would probably be people from wss that (due to their skills and gear) would have the biggest chance to loot it. (Warants are partially fighting with WSS.)

But sure, there might be Another force in the future, but I have a hard time to see where it comes from, at least right now. WSS claims they have 30 Active members, how many serious enemies at their level do they have? 10 maybe?

It's not only the amount of keen players. It's also a quesiton of a limited set of gears, the cost to acquire the gear, and the opportunity to skill up to Star's and Joda's level.

Dawn Deamon rises weren't also Anonymous upcomers, it was a cadet society of Dawn Deamons who did a good job in the earlier landgrabs (they did a good job at maintaning the thorifoid LA South of Neas Place).

A lot of what you say is true; WSS are going to be dominant for quite some time.

In regards the DD thing, that was 30+ members of DD, DDx and DDR combined. Basically everyone from that family of socs. It took AoW and Star etc to come and claim it back for us. I was more just highlighting that it is possible for people to progress.

Last edited:
Aia, for someone not actually being there you sure know best...

The thing is not that WSS is not beatable; the thing is that there where few uber players to oppose them.
And TBH, the attack was not super coordindated; it was not that we had months to think strategies through; gather high tiered Rocked launchers or other rare dropping guns; tiering our armor or aquiring decent PK armor at all.

The premise was that we would try to gather 200 mid level players and reign hell on the fort. We didn't even have a third of that and even if we would, the lag would make it impossible for anyone from both sides to do something.

If you looked at the soc terminal half an hour before the event you could see that most of the top socs could not even be bothered to join. Some people I asked couldn't come; and the saterday after valintine is not a game friendly day at all. That arkadia released later that week that another wave of their event was comming didn't help either

I'm kinda sick of people that weren't there; although anyone was invited and welcomed with open arms; has his say afterwards. If you were their you would have seen things differently.

You know, if there was more time; we might have bought a shitload of thanks; drop a dozen "newbies" outside and rained hell at 252damage; while others drop it from air, shooting big rocket launchers. Thing is there are options enough, there are weapons and strategies that weren't there in 2008.
Ofcourse they require lvl60+ skill but for many of the top socs this is not a problem.

Some of us did 300+ dmg already; some of us killed WSS, be it by soulsplitter or any other weapon.
the thing is, a group of high skilled players can beat WSS; but Revolt Of The Serious Noobs didn't even qualify (or just barely as the event started) in the top 50 most skilled socs.

When we where 5 minutes before the event; gathering in our locations, I already knew that it would be impossible with the numbers we had; but that did not hold us back. We went to kick ass or have our ass served to us on a plate. The latter was expected and happened.
Now, this would still be fun, if we where able to play and most of us WSS and Revolt got kicked and couldn't reconnect.

If the lag is solved we might one day be back and form a real threat to WSS; and you know, some in WSS would like a real challenge; because in the end this is a game and if there is no fun in being untouchable either.

You know, until I got disconnect I had the most fun in entropia, in a very long time. So let us now stop the discussion. Either you go, plan, gear and skill and strategise or you don't.
But whinning here on forum for an event that you haven't been too, on a planet you're never on anymore is lame.

How many of us Revolt that where there are whinning here on forum? None. Because we know what happened, and most of us are sad about the lag that happened.
Saying this or that about weapons is utter BS, terminator is overpowered DPS wise and some uber gear has great DPS; but the complete first pages of entropia weapon sections are L weapons.
And from the first page of rifles/dmg on entropia, only one was used; eron soulreamer; and it was Revolt using them.

Many of us dropped to the claim, even I did. If one of them would use a good melee weapon with a couple tiers you could cut right through their PvP armors.
You might not even realise that most of them were wearing L armors, Hermes in particular.

Now I could post another book on what I learned and possible strategies; not to even mention coordination of troops and whatever. Thing is not WSS is the reason to be sad; the LAG is the reason to be sad.
If it was WSS, we would take time and be back, but like it stands today an event of such manitude is not possible.

Aia, for someone not actually being there you sure know best...

I just want to say, I was there... as much as I could. Most of the time spent at login prompt though. (I didn't join that society, though).

2014-02-15 11:03:56 Linzey killed Aia using a Isis LC-60 (L).
2014-02-15 11:07:09 gunzy killed Aia using a DetPil V-Rex 2000, SGA Edition.

I've been at other landgrabs though.

One way to prepare is to do fort events, then you get some good strategies. For fort events, it can be good to visit a fort in advance that isn't in a battle, to find Control room, Power stations and things like that. (I once made a fort event, ment for practice, but unfortunately some of the particpants weren't there when it begun so they missed when I asked if people wanted to move to winning team at the end... so I'm waiting for someone else to create a fort event.)

Another way is to turn up at a landgrab just to check it out. If the people there are in right mood they'll let you stay, if they aren't you get sent to revival. Sometimes there isn't that many people around.

(Some people in wss maybe remember killing a few odd visitors to the landgrab at Miwak Mountain Pass a few weeks ago.)

Last edited:
Ahh, sorry, last time I PMed you ingame; it looked like you weren't comming. Didn't see you either.
Which brings up another issue; you where there but didn't want to support poor Acro :cry:

ok to much to read for me :p

Its not lost until u give up.

We did not win our first LG, we did not win our first Mayhem, what i want to say is dont give up, learn from ur mistakes, go again and think it throw how u can make it better.

I dont think ur attack was so good planed or played, and u had like 50 people not the 200.

and some of ur allies has the same items and skills we have.

nothing is impossible, but u need to fight to get to ur goal. and u can. :wise:

I dont want people to stop PvP, i want more people to do it.
But if u just show up 1 LG and think u will win u need to have alot of players and a good plan.

DONT GIVE UP

edit: and this time was a bad time with laggy server for both sides.

Ahh, sorry, last time I PMed you ingame; it looked like you weren't comming. Didn't see you either.

I arrived with a ground vehicle, and I thought it was a good idea to break open the main gate. But as soon as it was broken, some b*stards were there reparing it again :laugh:

I arrived with a ground vehicle, and I thought it was a good idea to break open the main gate. But as soon as it was broken, some b*stards were there reparing it again :laugh:

thats whats called planing ;)
I did repaire gate atleast one time, rk20 is good :D
i had a fun time until i got kicked out and could not login.

Back