What tt returns to expect and after how many hunts tt return normalize.

As Katie said it's all about the number of loot events. Looking at thorifoid berserkers, 5k cycle is about 2000 loot instances. There's enough variance in 2k that you can go multiple runs without a 50x or higher multi (or some runs with multiple). It's the bigger hits which even you out in the long run.

On a completely separate note, I've felt a significant downturn in returns since Mayhem. But for me, it's been just over 2 months of cycling 20-25k ped a day since my last bigger multi (400x), and I'm significantly down on TT, with an average of 89% returns over the last 3m ped cycled.

Not sure to understand correctly, you lost 33 000$ in 2 months playing video game ? I can't wait to see your ATH then, after all i'm not an expert.

it's not kill-based as much as it is time-based imo.

system has an anti-gambling (kickback) mechanism in it. you eventually get kicked back to where you should be relative to gear/skills/eff/looter/whatever else. when people say "keep shooting" that's what they really mean.

example: I killed over 110,000 cat 4-6 zombies in HWM with abysmal returns, then go a pop a 10k moloch hof my first day on NI. it's just how the system works. I wouldn't worry about your returns at all honestly, just keep shooting and focus on markup. you can't do anything to help TT returns other than skill up or gear up and the skills seem to have the largest impact if you're not willing to spend the money for 85+ eff weapons. bankroll is more important than anything else.

i'd bet if you just keep shooting every day and looked at returns over the next 6 months as a big collective you're gonna fall around 97.7-98.1% TT assuming you're looter levels are lower than weapon eff.

also. i shoot 59% eff every day for hours and hours and i've never had returns under 92% for the day. do with that what you will.

system has an anti-gambling (kickback) mechanism in it. you eventually get kicked back to where you should be relative to gear/skills/eff/looter/whatever else. when people say "keep shooting" that's what they really mean.

example: I killed over 110,000 cat 4-6 zombies in HWM with abysmal returns, then go a pop a 10k moloch hof my first day on NI. it's just how the system works. I wouldn't worry about your returns at all honestly, just keep shooting and focus on markup. you can't do anything to help TT returns other than skill up or gear up and the skills seem to have the largest impact if you're not willing to spend the money for 85+ eff weapons. bankroll is more important than anything else.

i'd bet if you just keep shooting every day and looked at returns over the next 6 months as a big collective you're gonna fall around 97.7-98.1% TT assuming you're looter levels are lower than weapon eff.

also. i shoot 59% eff every day for hours and hours and i've never had returns under 92% for the day. do with that what you will.

And that is a good advice. I really like to hunt, stop only because mining was paying off better but now when I have some better eff gun I had to try again. I dont have big bankroll for my hunt, mabey max 50k peds so Im bit afraid till my returns be stable at 97% I can drain my pedcard to 0. I hope Merry Mayhem will be better for me and my credit card than Halloween was :)

When i came back after a break of 11 years in September, i tried to keep track of my TT returns (or ROI whatever you prefer)

But 2 months later i simply deposit from time to time and "Have Fun" :cowboy:

My idea of Fun is related to the Calypso Daily Challenges (also depends of the available time i have IRL)
Cat 1 - 2 (rarely 3) Hunt + Manufacture Daily + 2 Dailys Feffoid Cave and Argonauts

I don't even give a f... about my TT return now, i just do my dailies, Hunt, launch probes while i hunt, manufacture and sell for MU+, and as long as i see green lines of skills piling up / blueprint quality increase / level increase, i am okay with that :clap:
For me, part of Entropia fun is tracking things. But if that's not your style, then don't get talked into it. That's the trick of Entropia. It allows more differences in play-entertainment style than most think.

There was ~1-1.5 years that I was doing only dailies and almost nothing else (didn't have the funds or time, so cranked to get weapons-funds)
Small runs, various mobs and mining locations. You'd think it was the worst case scenario for returns.
So what was my overall return during then? ~94.4% (But some will say "That was 3 years ago. Things have changed" so whatever)

As for returns, one thing I have noticed is that my returns seems very much time-based. And I don't mean my time, but calendar time. More specifically what else is going on in Entropia-time.
I've noticed there are certain "events/activities" that seem to cause an adjustment on my returns for days at a time. Sometimes huge increase, sometimes huge decrease, based on event and time.
However, my activities aren't connected to those events. I'm just out doing my regular play.
And this is consistent over many years, so take that for what you will.
Some might say that this pattern shows that there are times of game play where I should reduce or increase activity, based on past performance, and maybe I should, but I'm just enjoying and playing and tracking.

Some people are hype when they come back after a break but it takes only 2-3 days of - 2-3k peds and they lose all patience.

I can give an example from craft only 270 clicks and a run without multipliers is -2500 peds in TT. Edit : Big amps.

thos noobs :D

This ^^
One of the most important thing in this game is the mental side of it and almost no one talks about.
right - and keep watching the global messages and all the pavlovian rings - it'll all be just fine - lol

Given the cost/kill, your actual results, maximum hof possible on them these days and frequency of various loot sizes, I would say right now is an extreme scenario, somehow similar to 2007 (i am not playing atm, just eyeballing the situation). I mean, regarding to max possible loots. Since I don't see the same "omg I got 50% return" nor do I see various EU intelligentia musing on how 90% is optimal, then it's safe to presume MA changed their approach. Meaning they spread the pie with keeping for candy (high loots) a very small slice and rest putting in smaller more often blings, such as results to be somehow bearable. However they very existence of those high loots will imply with necessity more stress in the 90% area.

I would say that, nomatter your efficiency and looter skill, because they will have a minimal impact in this regard as long as you're in some sane point, you can look at a very long interval, in the order of 100k if not more.

Point 1. As such, I would frankly ignore the tt results, as weird as it might sound, and focus on MU. In a hypotethical reasonable 95% (let's not get too optymistic with 98%), would looted MU be +-5%? Is that simple.

Point 2., Disregarding high loots, I would say your sample size is pretty solid for what can be expected in terms of median loot. So then comes the next, way way more important question. Do you have enough bankroll to carry 4-5-6 intervals similar to this one and still be sane and still have SOME reserve worst case scenario?

Worst case would be that neither looted MU checks that 5% (nomatter if you sell them or use them), neither bankroll can carry some projected 100-150k of similar return.

In summary, I would look again at the data over 100k, but only and only if it has any sense MUwise, otherwise just search for luck anywhere, you won't "let peds lost in the mob", that's nonsense, don't let that hinder your felxibility.

Given the cost/kill, your actual results, maximum hof possible on them these days and frequency of various loot sizes, I would say right now is an extreme scenario, somehow similar to 2007 (i am not playing atm, just eyeballing the situation). I mean, regarding to max possible loots. Since I don't see the same "omg I got 50% return" nor do I see various EU intelligentia musing on how 90% is optimal, then it's safe to presume MA changed their approach. Meaning they spread the pie with keeping for candy (high loots) a very small slice and rest putting in smaller more often blings, such as results to be somehow bearable. However they very existence of those high loots will imply with necessity more stress in the 90% area.

I would say that, nomatter your efficiency and looter skill, because they will have a minimal impact in this regard as long as you're in some sane point, you can look at a very long interval, in the order of 100k if not more.

Point 1. As such, I would frankly ignore the tt results, as weird as it might sound, and focus on MU. In a hypotethical reasonable 95% (let's not get too optymistic with 98%), would looted MU be +-5%? Is that simple.

Point 2., Disregarding high loots, I would say your sample size is pretty solid for what can be expected in terms of median loot. So then comes the next, way way more important question. Do you have enough bankroll to carry 4-5-6 intervals similar to this one and still be sane and still have SOME reserve worst case scenario?

Worst case would be that neither looted MU checks that 5% (nomatter if you sell them or use them), neither bankroll can carry some projected 100-150k of similar return.

In summary, I would look again at the data over 100k, but only and only if it has any sense MUwise, otherwise just search for luck anywhere, you won't "let peds lost in the mob", that's nonsense, don't let that hinder your felxibility.

Im trying too search mu, but it looks kinda sketchy, dont think you can find so eazy 5% mu.
Currently im sitting in cyclops depths and for me looks like there is hidden 5% tax but I can be wrong.
Cycled almost 26k peds on Thrio berserkers with the total tt loss of -2484,62peds ( 90,37%)
Switched to Thorios Shamans and already cycled on them 9478,93 peds with the total loss of -873,93 (90,78%)

EDIT:

Finished that second run on Thorios shamans, cycled 14218 peds with total loss of -1492,13p (89,51% tt)

Still thinks that there is hidden tax in cyclop :p that tt should be higher for what I cycled and with eff i have. MA gathering money for merry mayhem?

Last edited:
As Katie said it's all about the number of loot events. Looking at thorifoid berserkers, 5k cycle is about 2000 loot instances. There's enough variance in 2k that you can go multiple runs without a 50x or higher multi (or some runs with multiple). It's the bigger hits which even you out in the long run.

On a completely separate note, I've felt a significant downturn in returns since Mayhem. But for me, it's been just over 2 months of cycling 20-25k ped a day since my last bigger multi (400x), and I'm significantly down on TT, with an average of 89% returns over the last 3m ped cycled.
How big are the mobs you regularly hunt Nana (how many loot instances roughly per hour?)

Such an under-rated comment.

How big are the mobs you regularly hunt Nana (how many loot instances roughly per hour?)

For me, I try to stick to single maturity where I can with health >3000.

Not everyone gets lucky to get 2 or 3 10-15k hofs on small mobs, or loot rare items.

Edit: also someone mentioned there is anti-gamble system in place-there is no such system in place, if there is, there would be big aths showing up for people who lost more then $100k usd over short time period.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much you're hunting, but I'm pretty active recently and I'm 100% sure you are wrong in your both statements:

- you have to get "your" huge HoF to bring you back to even. Until it pops, you can easily be at 90% or lower. - long term, big HOFs don't influence much your long term returns;
- it's best to stay on one mob you can grind for months so you don't switch to a smaller mob and accidentally waste your big multiplier on it. when you're "due", you're due for a sum which means you can get a few HOFs in a short period of time, easily noticeable these days, one avatar tends to get a few HOFs (3k+) in a short period of time (within weeks)
i feel like ive proven that for myself 3 times in 1 year.
I had mixed returns that sometimes went down ALOT (lower 90% region).

Everytime i kept shooting thinking about the words of players like Eve,Messi and so on.
Their words were " keep shooting"...so thats what i did.

I had 3 bigger loot events to even it out.
1x nice UL Item and a 2k HOF
1x 51% of a 14,6k Marcimex with a friend
and just last week when i thought: fk this is going to be hard to move back to green i got a 38k Moloch HOF.

You need the right setup/tactic but most important the bankroll* to keep shooting even if it hurts and you think its not gonna happen.
That is the difference of success and failure in this game i feel.

*Bankroll also used to collect mats so you can gain every little % MU out of your Loot.

Iam sure your HOF will come.

I will take this opportunity to say : KEEP SHOOTING :handgun:

Cheers
MC

Back