What Will I Need For A Hogg Hunt?

Hasie

Dominant
Society
Miners Elite
Paul Hasie Horn
Hi There,

I am planning of doing a Hogglo hunt in the near future. I have quite low HP so I will be taking two soc members to FAP me when I need it. I had in mind Ghost + 8A plates for protection so that will give me 20 dmg from a young... Quite fair.

Now I would like to know what weapon I should use... I dont have too much peds... Got a Bravo + 103 amp for tagging and a Justifier MK.II + 104... Can this be enough for a young Hogg? Any suggestions

Hasie

The damage will be a lot more random than that, prob get a good few 1s and some hits in the 70s, be ok if you have fappers. But if you're killing them that slowly with a mk II your armour decay will be frightening :eek: Better off just to team up with some soc members, saves a lot of peds :)

I do not think u will bring them down that easy. U need more firepower. U will kill them with 2 fappers but it will be very hard

id say get a kross or smtin like that cuz like shackleton said armor decay is gonna be a bit*h even with the kross ull get a lot armor decay off one hog,
so teamin up with someone would be best

The armor sounds good enough if you have fappers..
Bare in mind that hogglos almost never miss, so they WILL be fapping..

When i go out with 50.000 ammo (ML35) together with Dark Assault, we usually end up with 40-50 ped decay on armor and a HEAVY repairbill on our faps..

I would also suggest you get a higher damage weapon..
The justifier just wont have enough punsh to it...

If you are going for relativly cheap gear, i would say invest in a korss400 atleast..

Probobly you will do best in tagging up with some people that do heavy damage while the hogglo runs towards you... Fighting close combat with the hogglo is a pain for your armor and your fap.

Amped Bravo for tagging, then a fast handgun for tanking. Minimum would be amped Korss 400. Then Delta/Mad4 or EP41.

You could do it with a MKII with fappers but it would take a while and you would get to have a nice chat with the Hog about how his day has been, the troubles with his sister, the price of Hogg pellets these days and their travel plans to finally make it off the island....

First of all, on ghost+8A(L) a young hogglo is gonna hit you for 50 dmg and not 20, i guess u checked the Armor VS Mob in wiki with teh Average damage check box ticked(better check with teh box unmarked)

Secondly, teh mk2+a104 wont be quite enough or ideal for hunting mobs like hogglo. U will need atleast a weapon like fusil Charade+XR80(L) or +A105 or A106. Or you could buy a Delta BLP Pistol+beast or somehting in the same range like karma killer/M2875+A105/A016 or XR80(L) and if u wanna afford a maddox4. Thsese pistols are for once the hogglo comes near after tagging it. Korss H400(L) is a good choice too.

Hogglo young has 2000 HP and you need to think of a combo that you can finesh it as fast as possible or it will regenerate a lot of helth, good thing is that you have 2 fappers so u will save a lot of time in fapping area, one of them better be having atleast an EK-2600 or both should use fap-80 and have near to max heal.

Evade is very important too or u can expect yourself to run to teh repair terminal for armor repairs as each hit on ghost+8A(L) will cause 11.7pec decay (info from wiki).

Hope you have fun and hope this will help you a bit :D

Happy hunting and happy hoffing :)

ghost+5b and a korss400 is sufficient... if you like to use your fap alot. If you're taking fappers, it makes more sence for them to shoot instead to increase overall fire power and spread the risk of a crit. because you will be critted, and so will they while your on the way back.

My recipe for hogg hunting is:

- Ghost + some plates (I use 8a)
- A nice tagging gun (bravo or some FF is plenty enough)
- An amped Korss400
- ek2350 fap
- 3 or more friends with about the same.

Result is a lot of fun at a very affordable price (quite often profit for us)
Hunt for an hour and you are almost guaranteed at least one global, if not you should cool down and go after them some other day :)

Thanks for all the Info.... Had a look at PE Wiki

How bout the EWE EP 41 + 104? Cant buy a 105 or higer amp got some limited funds....

The two Fappers will use FAP 80 and EMT KIT 2350

Hi Hasie,
As per all above posts! I would like to add though - go out and try a hog young with your current setup and you will see one thing - you and your fappers will end up revive killing the thing, it will cost 5 times as much to kill as your return and it'll be boring as hell running back to it again and again. But once youve taken it down and got your first notch on your belt think strongly about whether the cost to upgrade your equipment to a more suitable setup is worth the thrill of being able to hunt hoggs.

As per all mobs its killing in numbers that counts so after your first kill count the cost and then X it by the number of kills you think is what your hunts will comprise of - then really count the cost!

I only say this as it would be an irony if you were to spend a considerable amount of ped in upgrades just to realise that hunting hoggs costs a fortune in decay with small chance of any return!

I've used ep-41+a105 and korss400+a105.
My HG HA isnt very high (~3 at the time) and I definately prefer the maxed korss so I'd go for that. Forget MK2 for hogs, too slow.

And like the others said, instead of having ppl fap you, let them shoot aswell (if they have the same setup) the more overall dmg/sec the better.

how well would a jaguar armor with 5bs do agains these mobs?

Why you insist to go after hogglo? They pay 2 peds and cost 7-9 to kill... for you may be 10... and you can profit only with a global. You better take your friends and try something for your gear? And fun to. Is not nice to die @ each critical... and you will get many criticals from hogglo.
Try Phasm. Is not as hard as Hogglo, but is fun to hunt with fapper.

Well depends of your HG skills too, if u got low skills i'd recommend a korss better than ewe ep41, its very efficient. I got vigi +2 jag parts + 5B plates, korss+104 and bravo, but cant do them alone with that, so i usually hunt with a soc mate, who has full jag +5B and he uses korss to to make loot more equal :)

Hi There,

I am planning of doing a Hogglo hunt in the near future.

I have quite low HP
I had in mind Ghost + 8A plates for protection

I dont have too much peds..

This is quite a recipe for disaster. Sure, with a huge amount of effort you'll manage to kill a few, but you will likely lose tons and just get frustrated. If you can't hunt hogglo efficiently and kill a lot quickly the odds of it paying off decently are about the same as winning the lottery.

As everyone has said, ditch the MkII for a H400. With Ghost+8A you'll be taking some 1.0 hits and some 50 hits. They'll hit nearly every attack so definitely bring along the fappers. Any additional dmg crits will kill you so make sure you have ME for tp-ing back.

Repairs are going to be a lot though, don't expect to break even.

Try Phasm. Is not as hard as Hogglo, but is fun to hunt with fapper.

Interesting point. Depends on Evade I think. Phasm hit me harder than Hogglo (with Jag+5B) but they miss quite a bit more, so certainly the repair bill isn't quite so bad. I die about the same amount though.

Wll... with 2 fappers, you will see there isless decay on Phasm, and they seem to die faster...

As everyone has said, ditch the MkII for a H400. With Ghost+8A you'll be taking some 1.0 hits and some 50 hits. They'll hit nearly every attack so definitely bring along the fappers. Any additional dmg crits will kill you so make sure you have ME for tp-ing back.

Repairs are going to be a lot though, don't expect to break even.

"""""""""Interesting point. Depends on Evade I think. Phasm hit me harder than Hogglo (with Jag+5B) but they miss quite a bit more, so certainly the repair bill isn't quite so bad. I die about the same amount though.""""""""""

I take that as if there is big trouble bringing these mobs down? i have the same armor setup.

I use ghost +5b, maddox, bravo & mk. Fap ek2600.
Hogglo young is not even too hard. they only kill me with crit hit.
But still armour & fap decay is too high if i solo those.

But for you. with 2 fapper you should be fine. Only you need better gun. more dmg/sec = better vs these bastard :)

how well would a jaguar armor with 5bs do agains these mobs?

Well enough. I hunted hog youngs with the same & ek2600 and usually only died on crits, I had appx 3.5k evade when I was using this armour btw. The BIG problem though is that this mob, as pointed out by blackhawk, will only make a break even on globals - the fap cost alone was appx 2 ped - so imagine hunting down 30 of these in a hunt - it'll cost a fortune unless u get lucky. If you use a fapper then great but then u can add his costs onto your loss at the end as well.

The easiest way of finding out though is go and try it - you will see soon enough for yourself what this mob is all about.

It's the same issue here, as it is hunting anything in EU...

If it doesn't match your set-up ( skill and gear ), you'll loose peds ( and gain fun ;) ). Some mobs are more expensive to hunt ( the hogg's, but also aurli / kreltin ), and some less, but if their level is too high for yours, you'll pay...

And in EU ( despite of what you may think ), the perfect mob for you to hunt with any set-up ( skill and gear ) is much lower than you may want it to be :cool:

But as someone already pointed out... go test some, dying is cheap in EU ( only costs time ) and be sensible, quit if you're not getting anywhere, but change mobs ( there are also some other very nice mobs, which are better suited to your level ).

Good luck and let us know how things turned out for you ;)

in a group of 4 or even more, everyone with ghost+5b korss H400, and Ek-2350 and up, it's fun to hunt them and it won't cost too much. :D

Hi Hasie,
As per all above posts! I would like to add though - go out and try a hog young with your current setup and you will see one thing - you and your fappers will end up revive killing the thing, it will cost 5 times as much to kill as your return and it'll be boring as hell running back to it again and again. [...] etc about cost and the need to kill many [...]

Thats why you hunt them in teams :)

In a team with 5-6 people with approx the equipment I mentioned in my post the youngs and matures go down _fast_.
Old are not much of a problem either.
And we only have a few deaths each hunt unless its cranky hog day and they crit more then usual.
Usually we kill them fast enough for them to only hit us a few times and dont have time to crit.

And on the good day, wow, then those globals just keep pouring in... Have had 8 or 9 or so in a 2 hour hunt, and fairly often they drop an esi in the global.

I take that as if there is big trouble bringing these mobs down? i have the same armor setup.

I've killed some phasms in ghost+4a , but not hogglo at all. I think that phasms miss alot more making them easier to solo, but still put a hurtin on my fap. I've had to (attempt) to kill a few hogglos after the team went down, and its more of a fapfest waiting for someone to get back :laugh:

Ok I had a good time reading all your reply's.... Some soc members went on a Beacon last night and after we were done we went to hunt some Atrox

We could took out Alpha's (Highest Maturity we could find round Ithaca) in about 20 Seconds...

Some in Shogun + 2a some in Ghost some in Vigi and One in Jag (Tanking the Trox)

Can we take a Hogg then?

Atrox Alpha 1450 HP 132DMG
Hogglo Young 2000HP 129DMG

yes, you can. you need to have someone tagging, since they have a large aggro range, and expect to die often. If you get more than one at a time it becomes very difficult, and it happens fairly often due to spawns or aggro from another person nearby. If you guys are good at fapping each other during a fight, then its doable. Might as well give it a shot and see how it goes, thats the only way you'll know for sure. If it becomes too annoying having to TP jump out there repeatedly, you might want to move over to chompers. They hit very hard, but at least they have little aggro, and some can be found close to the revive often times. :)

Indeed, if you can take trox alpha you can take down hoggs.

I can take hoggs alone, ep-41+105 in my phantom armor fully 5b plated.

But i dont do them alone, they have 2000 hp, so this means quitte a long time to kill one with a lot of fapping (sometimes more then another time). Doing them alone gets bored after a while because the time it takes to get a bunch hoggs down, and the repair bill :(

In team you save a lot on fapping decay and armor decay, when you go in team dont stand close to each other, when the hoggs change the person they attack and they have to run a few meters they cant attack and dont do decay and you can still tank it.

Dont expect to make profit on them, ive had a run once with 5 globals but no profit. But when you're lucky they can be good for ya pedcard.

GL

Id say forget about the Korss 400 and go for Scroff + xr80 if maxed out, at least. And yes you can take the hoggs down with that group easily with very few revivals. Keep in mind though occasionaly a mature/old will spawn next to you while hunting the young.

Reactions: alh
Well we did went for a quick chomper hunt but only 3 went so we had two revives per mob... Killed a few will try the Hogg's thonight.

Back