What will me done with OA #18 / #23 / # 30 and #37????

Status

Raffaele Meiers

Stalker
Society
Trigger Happy
Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
What will MA do with OA #18 / #23 / # 30 and #37????

The OA's #18 / #23 / # 30 which are in possesion of Max Nostrop Donner (according to entropiadirectory.com) and OA #37 from Barmaley HunterZ Tex (according to entropiadirectory.com) are not fed with fertilizer at the moment so the maturity went down.

What does this mean?

If I suppose they do not play atm EU because they are blocked from entering EU there are some possible explanations to this:

1) MA is still investigating the case and so all items, deeds etc. are still on the corresponding accounts.

2) MA blocked them for a certain amount of time, for example until the end of the year and so they will come back and have their items as bevor.

3) Blocked for ever but because MA has not determined what to do with the OA's held by the culprit so they did nothing up to now.

4) Because of pending lawsuit MA cant do anything with these OA's until case is decided.

This leads me to the question what happens with taxes generated on these OA's?

I do not think MA will answer any questions about that but if Marco will, he is very wellcome to coment in this thread.

Regards

PS: no off topic comments from kcjeeper would be very nice.

Last edited:
My guess would be nothing atm, Untill they are permenently not here anymore its owned by them. It will remain unmaintained unfortunalty.

If they are blocked forever then the land will be resold, There was/is a shop in TI Plat building that was owned by an avi that is here no more now its owned my Marcus again.

If they are permalocked then thats what will happen to the land i suspect.

Isnt there something in the CoC/Eula about owned land returning to MA in event of locking?

Sonya Heart said:
My guess would be nothing atm, Untill they are permenently not here anymore its owned by them. It will remain unmaintained unfortunalty.

If they are blocked forever then the land will be resold, There was/is a shop in TI Plat building that was owned by an avi that is here no more now its owned my Marcus again.

Isnt there something in the CoC/Eula about owned land returning to MA in event of locking?
That's a huge amount of money we're talking here. But if they stay blocked for a long time, unfortunately for them, that's what is going to happen! :eek:

Naifas Anaconda said:
That's a huge amount of money we're talking here. But if they stay blocked for a long time, unfortunately for them, that's what is going to happen! :eek:

i think it would only happen if the ban was permenent, a 6 month ban or something would not result in that senario (i would think it would cause issues if they did)

How long have there lands been out of fertilizer ?

Raffaele Meiers said:

Hopefully they will come back in the near future.

Last edited:
Sonya Heart said:

Isnt there a difference between a shop/appartement for which you have to pay a monthly rent and a OA where you buy it and not have to pay rent at all?

If there is something in CoC/Eula about owned land returning to MA does this mean they may only have a longterm ban and will come back or only cas isnt solved atm?

Raffaele Meiers said:
Isnt there a difference between a shop/appartement for which you have to pay a monthly rent and a OA where you buy it and not have to pay rent at all?

If there is something in CoC/Eula about owned land returning to MA does this mean they may only have a longterm ban and will come back or only cas isnt solved atm?

Not sure was totaly a guess. But I would suspect that on permaban the land and all items return to MA, land returns to Marcus for resale.

It would be a big decision on MA's side though to ban a player with enough cash tied up in a game to allow a land sale as the decision will most likly result in the player attempting to take MA to court/press. Personally I see a temp ban being in place hence the land is still thiers.

However, we will never know for sure unless someone becomes vocal.

As to the rent, isnt the fertalizer rent?

Sonya Heart said:
As to the rent, isnt the fertalizer rent?

it is rent to have the mobs in the number and maturity you want as far as i know. Without fertilizer they go down to lowest maturity and lowest density.
Dont know if it supports also the resources in the ground or if on lands without fertilizer also no good mining grounds are to find. But I doubt that so after the ban of 6 month or what they will come back and have the income for this 6 month periode on their ped card?

Seams like this two will even make peds during Bann periodes....

Raffaele Meiers said:
it is rent to have the mobs in the number and maturity you want as far as i know. Without fertilizer they go down to lowest maturity and lowest density.
Dont know if it supports also the resources in the ground or if on lands without fertilizer also no good mining grounds are to find. But I doubt that so after the ban of 6 month or what they will come back and have the income for this 6 month periode on their ped card?

Seams like this two will even make peds during Bann periodes....

Without knowing the details its hard to comment on it, However I have seen threads talking about these hunters get locked.

To keep on topic though.

EULA said:
You further acknowledge and agree that your Entropia Universe Account will be purged if is not used for five hundred and ten (510) consecutive days. Upon purging your Account, all your item(s) will be sold for their Trade Terminal (TT) value and the funds will be transferred to the PED balance of your Account.

In addition, your virtual real estate will be reclaimed by MindArk and your Avatar skills will be erased. You will never be able to retrieve the items, estate deeds or skills that were purged due to Account inactivity

So in that case it can be reclaimed. I would expect it to be the same for a banned player as eventually the account would be unused for that period

I think the major issue still pending resolution is for MA to determine precisely what is being done with the accounts in question.

Ultimately a player is at risk of forfieting all their items and any money generated by the items (i.e. land areas) if they are in violation of the EULA. As it is clearly stated in the EULA, Mindark still owns all items in the EU.

If you are found to be in violation of the EULA, I suspect that MA could, at thier own discretion, confiscate any and all items and return them to the general population.

In my opinion, if someone is in violation of the EULA and it results in a temporary ban of the account as a desciplinary action, then all revenue generated during the time of suspension should be returned to the general population in the form of added funds to the loot pool or some sort of other means.

However, I suspect that if something like this were to happen, with MA's interest in making additional profits, they would likely just take the money generated by the LA's in question and chalk it up to a "fine" against the avatars in question and have a nice holiday party on their dime.

;)

Ok, so I really doubt that is what would happen, but I don't think we, as the general public, will ever seen those revenues come back. More likely that it is just stockpiling someplace and these avatars will get it all back if and when they are unblocked.

Personally, I would think the right thing to do would be upon perm ban to put their LA's ont he open market and return the proceeds of the sale to the people who purchased them and during the ban time set the LA tax rate to 0.0%.

As for the question someone asked about ferts affecting mining deposits. They do not, MA has sole control over the spawning of resource deposits. There use to be an LA that was solely for mining. Had tiny mobs and low density (may have even been mobless don't quite remember for sure).

Tax need to be set on 0% during the time the owner is banned.
That will be fair for people hunting there atm.

Spawn really suck, and a banned Landmanager doesn't deserve tax income in my opinion because the aren't able to manage theire land anymore so the hunter (= customer) doesn't get where he pays for.

A 2nd reason is that bothunting made others loose enough in the past but that's an other story in a allready locked thread.

At worse, we will have to wait 360 days (minus elapsed days since ban) for the deeds to be returned to MA.

My guess is that they still receive obscene amounts of tax on the lands by then :)

If the LAs do get returned to MA, then it won't matter how much tax they accumulate because as long as those avas are banned they won't be able to access those funds, and they will get returned to the loot pool along with all their other items / recources.

Does anyone know what happened to Max Nostrop Donner? or these Land Areas? If anyone knows how to contact him. Please let me know.

Thanks

You did read ther date on the OP I hope.

4 years is a long time, as far as I know they are still blocked.

oh MA doesnt do anything but to sit on their asses?... I mean asset, cough uh uh
Asses too ...
Anyone know what will happen ? those LA's will be forever and ever like that?
In an other game your asses will get auctioned and clean out.... and I mean assets//

4) Because of pending lawsuit MA cant do anything with these OA's until case is decided.
This is what I can say, there is and never has been any legal issues including MindArk PE AB or MindArk AB in the Swedish civil courts(where a case like this would be), I called them about a month ago and asked so thats not the case.

So it's okay for you to say stuff like this about me and if I respond it's "off topic"? I didn't even know you existed until you started posting "off-topic" in my posts. You probably dream about me at night too, huh?:yay::yay::yay:

You did read ther date on the OP I hope.

4 years is a long time, as far as I know they are still blocked.

Yeah I did see that post... I just wanted to hunt some mourners or see about purchasing that Land Area and get it restarted.

I read somewhere that these banned LA owners managed to slipp in when VU 10 went up due to error on MA´s part. This was fixed soon after.

The question then is, did the timer reset so its now 510 days again since the start of VU 10?

I read somewhere that these banned LA owners managed to slipp in when VU 10 went up due to error on MA´s part. This was fixed soon after.

The question then is, did the timer reset so its now 510 days again since the start of VU 10?
The law is the law...

I think this is the reason, MA fudged up the ban restrictions and allowed the banned players to successfully log in, thus their last login time before liquidation has been reset.

They also tried to sell some items and recover market value above tt, but they might be at a loss since MA confiscated those or something...

The law is the law...

I think this is the reason, MA fudged up the ban restrictions and allowed the banned players to successfully log in, thus their last login time before liquidation has been reset.

They also tried to sell some items and recover market value above tt, but they might be at a loss since MA confiscated those or something...

So those LA´s should be freed up around Christmas 2010?
FPC will surely sell them around there to improve their books before the end of the year 2010.

That or selling FPC in itself. Wouldnt be strange if MA only started focusing on getting as many planets as possible. But atm its their cashking so I guess 4-5 planets must go up before they will do this.

I think that logging in the webpage account is enough to keep items safe so if MA/FPC stay by their rules and banned players log in once in a while - those LA will be stuck for ever if MA won't do anything.

I think that logging in the webpage account is enough to keep items safe so if MA/FPC stay by their rules and banned players log in once in a while - those LA will be stuck for ever if MA won't do anything.

That doesnt make sense to banned players, inactive sure. :confused:

Sounds like I am going to have to find a way to contact these players directly. I submited a support case to MA and due to the "Privacy" blah blah blah they said they could not comment on another player.

Sounds like I am going to have to find a way to contact these players directly. I submited a support case to MA and due to the "Privacy" blah blah blah they said they could not comment on another player.

What good would that do, they are banned. They can't log in to trade the deeds, but I bet they would be happy for you to send them your money via paypal :laugh:

Hi!
What an interesting thread this is! :laugh:

What good would that do, they are banned. They can't log in to trade the deeds, but I bet they would be happy for you to send them your money via paypal :laugh:

well since some1 allready necroed i might aswell reply

when vu10 came they were unbanned and could log in.. they traded back the items they had loaned(not their own) b4 getting locked again and then MA moved the items they traded back to them again even though they were still borrowed

all trades are final my ass :D

Status
Back