What will me done with OA #18 / #23 / # 30 and #37????

Status
when vu10 came they were unbanned and could log in.. they traded back the items they had loaned(not their own) b4 getting locked again and then MA moved the items they traded back to them again even though they were still borrowed

all trades are final my ass :D

You could as well argue that the first trade (the borrowing) was already a "final trade" and the stuff was rightfully theirs. The "giving back" only occured due to a mistake and should never happen, hence they reverted the trades.

However, this thread has been necro'ed twice now, let it already rest in peace, ffs!!!
The opening post from 2006 did obviously not stop someone here.

Could a mod please lock this thread now? Before we face another zombiefication around 2014...

:yup:

DAMNED RIGHT I DID!!

It doesn't bother anybody that an avatar banned SIX FUCKING YEARS AGO still "owns" 4 Land Areas?

DAMNED RIGHT I DID!!

It doesn't bother anybody that an avatar banned SIX FUCKING YEARS AGO still "owns" 4 Land Areas?

Well, you could've made a new thread if it bothers you that much, no?

As for the LAs, it's been like that forever.
Apparently there is a reason why MA does not claim them back or delete them altogether - i think they will do as soon as it is safe fro a legal point of view - after all, nostrop and hunterz could still file law suits against their bans.

It's not your lost tax, so why do you worry? They were apparently banned for a good reason...

Well, you could've made a new thread if it bothers you that much, no?

As for the LAs, it's been like that forever.
Apparently there is a reason why MA does not claim them back or delete them altogether - i think they will do as soon as it is safe fro a legal point of view - after all, nostrop and hunterz could still file law suits against their bans.

It's not your lost tax, so why do you worry? They were apparently banned for a good reason...

Reason being a legal battle in progress

Is that more than just a rumour?

However, this matches the assumption i made above quite nicely.

:smoke:

you know people always gasp when some1 brings new info on this subject but nobody ever though of asking hunterz or nostrop what acctually happened? :D

Reason being a legal battle in progress

What legal battle?

Any pending litigation must be mentioned in financial reports as per the full disclosure principle of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
Also, see post above by jenny ferr about inquiring with Swedish civil courts for any pending litigation involving MindArk.

What legal battle?

Any pending litigation must be mentioned in financial reports as per the full disclosure principle of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
Also, see post above by jenny ferr about inquiring with Swedish civil courts for any pending litigation involving MindArk.

Legal discussion then? I know they went to court once and that did nothing and that several agreements were proposed (ask them if you want the full story I guess) but basicly they could sell their stuff if MA got a slice of the cake(was on of them)

At that point I started several threads about fishy stuff about MA but now days I realise if acctually MAs skeletons were fully uncovered and stuff did happen I'd be as fucked as the rest of you guys

6 months of deposites max if MA fails and no guarante of acctually getting a cent

JUst realised saying stuff without explaining them because you're not sure how much you should acctually say is sounding like a tinfoil maniac so let's end it with

I know what happened but not my business

MAs got the bridge group scammer lawyer on their Board of directors and he's doing a splendid job

these lands should be released back to the community... it has been long enough.

So in that case it can be reclaimed. I would expect it to be the same for a banned player as eventually the account would be unused for that period

I don't recall the day from when VU10 came, but it was said that due to a bug they were able to sneak in right after cryengine VU which could have reset the "timer", so something should happen soon.

At least taxes could be reset to 0.0% on them so that miners could use them.

Some juicy scandal to read. Ok what allegedly did this avatar do to get a lengthy in-game ban please?

On a more serious note, we are talking a serious amount of money here. Lets say the avatar in question obtained one or more of the LA’s in accordance with the rules, only after this did they allegedly break the terms of the game. Then they may still have some claim over their assets. It can be costly fighting legal cases, the best solution in this scenario is for the parties to discuss their dispute and agree a settlement. This applies to everything in life to be fair, much better for people to talk like adults, put emotion aside and agree between themselves, even if mediator is used to ease the problem through.

If the avatar (and I don’t know what happened yet), gained funds illegally, or used fraud to fund their account, or any other illegal practice that would be considered illegal outside of the game terms and conditions, then I would assume all assets are frozen until any police investigation has been finalised (regardless of the timescales of the EULA).

Ok spill the beans....is the this the dodgy mining amp exploit I heard about years ago, or something much more serious?

Rick

Hunting Bots or something if I remember correctly.
Why was this thread even necro'd?

Hunting Bots or something if I remember correctly.
Why was this thread even necro'd?

Yes, it was hunting bots.

Well, the issue still stands, so i don't see why not.

Yes, it was hunting bots.

Well, the issue still stands, so i don't see why not.

Welp, seeing as nothing was done before (and I am fairly sure the accounts were past purge date thus deleting the Land Deeds), I doubt anything will happen still.

Without the Land Deeds (asusming they were included in the purge) I don't think anyone will be able to claim the LAs, which means the LAs will stay in their past owner's names.

My offer: TT+1. ;)

Welp, seeing as nothing was done before (and I am fairly sure the accounts were past purge date thus deleting the Land Deeds), I doubt anything will happen still.

Without the Land Deeds (asusming they were included in the purge) I don't think anyone will be able to claim the LAs, which means the LAs will stay in their past owner's names.

The purge date, is inactivity for a period of time. I believe the reason their accounts havent been purged is cause they can still log in on the website and still keep their accounts active.

So no purging yet afaik

Rgds

Ace

The purge date, is inactivity for a period of time. I believe the reason their accounts havent been purged is cause they can still log in on the website and still keep their accounts active.

So no purging yet afaik

Rgds

Ace

If that's the case (which I expected to be more likely), the LAs/Land Deeds can't really be taken from them.

I consider this necro a good thing. MA should put the tax 0.0% if the avatar did somthing to get his accound banned.

It sucks for him but why would we have to pay to a thief/cheater when we decide to mine on his/her land(s)

That way everyone is happy, MA, ROI, Miners and once the avatar is unlocked and he puts the taxes back, we would know he/she is back.

Imo if he comes back I don't mind ;) He did somthing bad, He deserves punishment, Not free taxes lol.

Jay-Jay

One of the reasons I resurrected this thread is I consider it an example of MindArk's policy towards certain problems: ignore and hope people will forget.

Also, can anyone confirm that in Sweden, the statute of limitations for consumer claims is 3 years?

One of the reasons I resurrected this thread is I consider it an example of MindArk's policy towards certain problems: ignore and hope people will forget.

That's fine, but you know that there are forum rules that do not allow such necro bumps?

If someone reports your necro bump (i didn't), the mods will have little other choice but to lock it, do you know that?
Which basically means that you would have helped that people ignore and forget.

If you really care, make a new thread, or better yet, ask a mod if they can split the recent posts into a new thread.

I'm ignorant of international law. Is there any real and verifiable reason to believe that this would be handled in a Swedish court, if there even is ongoing legal action?

As a response to many of the recent posts-

Yes, it is one of the more interesting subjects of gossip from the colorful past of EU.

Yes, there is obviously something still going or MA would have reclaimed and resold the LA's by now, because selling planets, LA's, and Banking Licenses seems to be the only thing they can actually focus on.

If it, in any way, effected you, you would already know the story.

No, MA will not reclaim the LA's and "give them back to the players" (or to you personally).

If you feel that this will bring about the downfall of MA, you should probably stop posting on the forum and start chipping out now. From my own personal experience, I can tell you that it is a long, painful process.

As many people have said before- At some point, MA will most likely resolve the problem. When that happens, you can absolutely rest assured that they will make no mention of it or release any details of what transpired.

Oh, and by the way, maybe they already have reclaimed the properties and are simply leaving them as they are as a reminder of what happens if you break the rules.

I am personaly disgusted at how MA has handled this situation, (not even so much as a "we're aware of the issue and are handling it"). I understand my soc mates view point and share his belief that MA needs to do something about this, or at least even inform the community of whatever minor, vague statement they can give about this. Maybe: "The issue is under dispute and we can not make alterations until the matter is resiolved." Even something like that will help ease a bit of frustration.

However skipping that:
Forum Rules said:
3.5 - Necroposting
Pointlessly bumping of dormant, inactive threads causes confusion for other members and visitors who may not notice the original thread post date. A thread is considered inactive if there have been no replies in the last four (4) months. Posting in an inactive thread is strongly discouraged, unless there is a very good reason for reactivating the thread. If you feel an issue or topic from an inactive thread deserves renewed discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum or subforum.

There may be debate about whether this necro was pointless or not, however, I do highly recommend making a new thread about this. Get the most current info (if anyone has any) into it and go from there.

:locked:

Status
Back