What would get you listening to an Entropia Radio Station?

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
I really love that we have I think 5 now Entropia Radio Stations. I would love to see them develop even more though. I'd like to ask a basic question.

What would get you to listen to an Entropia Radio Station instead of your own music or the in-game music?

I have some ideas I'd like to present but I'd like to get other peoples opinions first.

They would have to be the same as my own music and not take up any bandwidth :)

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie

Seriously, Crone likes WildMan, but not his choice of music. Sorry WildMan. Lots of or deejays seem to be about loud music.Which Crone can appreciate for like 3 minutes.

how about putting them in game? MA put the option to put radio streams in game and few have actually utilized that yet.

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie

Seriously, Crone likes WildMan, but not his choice of music. Sorry WildMan. Lots of or deejays seem to be about loud music.Which Crone can appreciate for like 3 minutes.

yes crone i am one of those heavy loud dj's, but if ppl request other stuff during my shows i'm willing to play that too. till those requests come in :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

so what would you want to hear though more talk? would you rather hear about the important info thats been posted or issues? or just music. or a nice mix of both? kind of like normal FM radio? Would you want to here Entropia Commercials for events and shops?

Ingame news, teaser of things to come, interviews with players with interesting stories etc.

If I jsut want music I can get it anywhere

/Sbi

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie

:ahh::ahh::ahh: aww thanks, that really sweet :)

Once or twice I did a news bulliten during my show, just a 5 min run down of what was going on in EU ( just what I had been reading i guess lol) Things like what ATH' there were, some hoffs, what the latest update was, what cool things were for sale, what the hot topics on the forums were and a random funny story :laugh:

I didnt know if it was somthing people liked, or just too much of an interuption of the music - would be interesting to know :)

I think its good that there are so many different types of DJ, that hopefully people can find a style that suits them :)

Interesting interviews... discussions about different subjects... talk, talk and talk...

Seriously, not much for listening to music I have not chosen 100% myself, but I really like talk radio sometimes :laugh:

Ingame news, teaser of things to come, interviews with players with interesting stories etc.

/Sbi

Well if you ever want to come on Normandie Radio for a Chat your more than welcome we will put you live on air :)

we have a chat next saturday with david dobson :- a year in review and the new vu

anyone is welcome to come on live for a chat about any in game topic of there choice

just message me and we will get live on air :)

regards

Well if you ever want to come on Normandie Radio for a Chat your more than welcome we will put you live on air :)

we have a chat next saturday with david dobson :- a year in review and the new vu

anyone is welcome to come on live for a chat about any in game topic of there choice

just message me and we will get live on air :)

regards

nice offer :)

great input everyone. sounds like everyone is on the same page. Just wish we had more responses. Just seems that there are a few that actually want to listen. So i hope people respond even if what they like has been said already.

No problem Crone :laugh: lately I been doing a Dub or Rock show so ya either can get pretty loud lol. Playing in land areas I do often when I covering events especially for Big Industries. I even noticed during the last show it showed up on my listener count as well on my broadcaster never seen that before. Not sure the land owners can keep stations streaming 24/7 or not seems to only work when setting up events. But a land owner can give more details on that.

What else do we get from radio? If on at the right times or join some of the events you can have a hell of a time and win some prizes. For insistence Beechbum won a month free on Normandie mother ship this past Saturday.

Note I didn't take opportunity to make cheap plug for the station I play for, as that isn't what this thread was intended for. :lolup:

V/R
Wildman

always interesting to know whats going on in the universe:)

How about interviews with players and then follow up later on their career.

It would also be interesting to do like an education hour on different equipment,professions. Could also do profiles on the avatars operator computer rigs in the real world. Stories about real money trade and real cash economies.

Parties in world would be fun also. A format of regular talk and new music would be cool also

/Sbi

This! No radio station in the world can compete with my ipod. But... My ipod can't do talk radio! How about mothership schedules? Heck you could even try a 5 min skit. Talk about the dev notes?

I'd kinda prefer a Entropia talk radio station where people discuss various things about EU. If one doesn't already exist.

Would be nice to learn more about the game while playing instead of just listening to music some times.

I agree it would be nice to hear about what's going on in EU not just knowing what my FL is telling me but give me some real news, bring in some more player interviews talk about their mining/hunting/crafting theory styles, stories and gear preference. Let me kow if there is some juicy Soc VS Soc wars going on, even some history about things could be tossed in. We have a whole universe and atm we only know what we have the time to read about.

events, eu news, eu talk shows e.t.c.

how about putting them in game? MA put the option to put radio streams in game and few have actually utilized that yet.

anyone know if you have to pay for this service on your land area? or its free?

an actual MA guy who has some say explain the more dubious things they do in VUs
my favourite topic, clothing decay for example

maybe even a more or less moderated discussions with some players, who can ask what the hell they do ^^

and that with some spot on topics
e.g. story, the egg ffs?
armor foot guards (topic popped up again recently)
the more or less removal of some older L gun drops
why the money grab on vehicle decay (cause i doubt its gonna stop where its now)
my other favourite topic, the melee situation :)

that may get me listening indeed :p

but music wise, not much
i hardly listen to music when i play EU, it interfers with me watching vids
its fairly tough to watch red vs blue etc. when the music is playing :p

Once or twice I did a news bulliten during my show, just a 5 min run down of what was going on in EU ( just what I had been reading i guess lol) Things like what ATH' there were, some hoffs, what the latest update was, what cool things were for sale, what the hot topics on the forums were and a random funny story :laugh:

I didnt know if it was somthing people liked, or just too much of an interuption of the music - would be interesting to know :)

Like a real life radio station does.... I think it's a great idea. As long as you don't say the same 10 minute speal over and over again every hour. A short 15 second blurb about current highest HoF's.. 10 songs later another 15 seconds about "whatever"... 15 songs later another short blurb about something. A quick "Rob Menace Klok Just discovered Omegaton Fast Aid Pack Un-Modified!" type of deal then maybe try to find the player in-game and 15 min later give a quick run-down of stats.... just stuff to keep the playerbase maybe at home cooking dinner while listening to ur audio up to date with the current news of the game. It's a fine line I understand.... because you don't want to pollute the music show with talking and hours after a VU there's prolly too much going on to blab between songs about discoveries etc.... But I think u get my point.

The other issue I have is with music selection. If I tune in to a radio station and hear that loud death metal stuff I close the window and don't bother checking back in 2 hrs to see if it's changed. I REALLY think that the heavy grungy, raunchy music has no place in radio as a solid music set. If you've got a rock DJ that mixes in some raunchy new age metal here and there it's not too bad... but remember... ANY music genre that only a small % can STOMACH is not good. Take country for example.... Many people don't like country music... BUT.... listening to some of the new country rock won't make them run for the hills. Same with New age dance.... Most people can stomach the top 20 stuff but the new European house/techno all sound like the same pile of noise to anyone who does't really like that kind of music.

Being of Dutch roots myself.... I kinda stayed in touch with the house/techno scene before it came to the America's. When I DJ'd I quite often snuck some Euro-dance music into my mixes. The club patrons didn't mind the odd song. At that point in time it was too fast for the typical American club goer to dance to. But they appreciated the odd remix and such thrown in...
Actually... this is off topic but it was funny how they'd go crazy when I'd sample some Frank Zappa in with some Hip Hop or Dance music.....

So to get me listening for several hours a day I'd need regular but SHORT updates on game happenings. Less "Genre Specific" music. (I don't want to listen to any SPECIFIC music genre for 2 hrs straight. Even rock radio stations blend several types of rock into the mixes from Hair Bands, to Bob Seger, to Ministry, to Sick Puppies). AND.... this is proably the BIGGEST thing.... There are still some DJ's on the various EU radio stations that sound a bit "up tight" on the mic. They don't give you the feeling of a "connection" to them. Many are very good, relaxed, and easy to connect with though.

I also sometimes..... actually quite often... feel that the DJ is catering to the small circle of people standing around them in-game doing the Gangnam. I HATE feeling like "I don't belong listening" because I'm not hanging with the Sheeple in-game.

Menace

Back