Question: What would make you goto CND more?

What would make you goto CND more?

• More mobs

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Less mobs (more mining space)

Votes: 22 6.3%
  • Other mobs (Or lower / higher maturity)

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Faster fly up and down (Less waiting for a pilot)

Votes: 44 12.5%
  • Cheaper fly up and down

Votes: 81 23.1%
  • Less tax

Votes: 39 11.1%
  • Other Music

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Normal auction (No transport cost)

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • Storage

Votes: 52 14.8%
  • More events

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • More domes

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • More activity (More ppl up, bigger social network)

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • More Domes with pvp on

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Less lagg

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Less psychedelic disco

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Fully active shopping area

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters

DRDoom

Elite
Society
Why So Serious
DRDoom
What would make you goto CND more?

Choose the most important one for you in the poll.

I realise that for some ppl, it would be multiple answers, but just pick the most important one for you.

For me personally I have this psycholigal border of 5% tax in my head.
That is why I only goto CND to hunt Dasp.
I think it would be nice if ND lowered the tax to 4,9% as a test for a couple of months.
I personally think it would attrack more ppl to cnd and generate in the end a higher income for ND and have CND more populated when there are no events as well.

I think in second place for me there is the extra auction transport fee. Which makes buying stuff and pick-up in auction when you are on CND, ridiculous expensive and overpriced.

Last edited:
I'm already there 90% of my time :D I would love to never leave it at all, but damn auction fees are making me to :silly2:

I think in second place for me there is the extra auction transport fee. Which makes buying stuff and pick-up in auction when you are on CND, ridiculous expensive and overpriced.
If the fee was removed it would effectively kill the shops at CND. I can understand people dont like it, but if you find the prices over priced on CND auction then try using the shops.

If the fee was removed it would effectively kill the shops at CND. I can understand people dont like it, but if you find the prices over priced on CND auction then try using the shops.

It takes you ages to run through the shopping center, browsing to almost all empty shops, if you are lucky you can find the item you need it will prolly high above market price.

I don't see why this would kill the shops on CND, the auction transport fee is there and almost all the shops are empty. The auction don't hurt the shoppingcenter on eudora & amathera either.

I voted faster up/down, reason there is never a pilot when you want one as they only work when it suits them and they mainly only fly with full ship which takes for ever to get sometimes.

I know I can pay VIP but why pay 80 ped when it only costs 40-45 for the trip, some pilots will accept 50 ped if they have waited for ever.

IMO CND needs more traffic, i'd happily pay 30 ped to get up if there was a 10 ped per use TP to get back down!

Also maybe a redo of his adverts.... my favorite is the Upload your screenies to the ND forum for your chance to win shopping trips, appartments cold hard cash etc etc yet this competition has not run in a LONG time.

ND is a bit like MA now its making him/them money so why change anything. He plays with his mobs now and then and its usualy good he always conducts a survey on here but some of the domes got a bit crowded now.

The shopping mall is tooo big and spread out a better layout would help the people want a shop there and maybe also increase traffic to CND.

Anyways i've not been to CND in 9 months due to last time I got stuck there with a 5k peds of ores from mining and no way down for over 10h not 1 pilot so no chance even for a VIP!

More mobs, easier up and down, never worried much about the tax and I'm not a miner so....

Oh, more customers in the mall... .I'd live back up there!!! :)

What item(s) are you needing on a regular basis????? Shops will accomodate if they know! :)

I do mine CND sometimes, but I think lots more would if the transport fee from auction was removed, and put storage there people would live full time up there. Also taxes are a little high considering people have transport costs etc to get there, and the resources found on CND are kinda bland mark up wise in general.
I do like going to CND every now and then, but these things stop me "living" there.

Anyways i've not been to CND in 9 months due to last time I got stuck there with a 5k peds of ores from mining and no way down for over 10h not 1 pilot so no chance even for a VIP!

A lot of things are related to eachother.
You where stuck at CND with 5K ped in ores. You didn't want to put em in auction there, since no-one would buy it anyway due the transport fee wich is calculated / kg so for selling ore's the transport fee is insane. :eek:
So with a normal auction you could sell em in auction and stay on CND to continue mining.

I don't see why this would kill the shops on CND, the auction transport fee is there and almost all the shops are empty. The auction don't hurt the shoppingcenter on eudora & amathera either.
There are no flight costs involved when running a shop on the planet. Sure the removal of the fee would mean i could stay at CND a lot longer because i craft the majority of what i sell in the shop. Would be great to be able to buy metal res with no fee :)

However the the items that i cant stock directly from CND, f.ex Korrs H400. Would mean i still need to fly down to the planet to collect. Would need a free TP between CND & Calypso, and we know that aint gonna happen.

There are no flight costs involved when running a shop on the planet. Sure the removal of the fee would mean i could stay at CND a lot longer because i craft the majority of what i sell in the shop. Would be great to be able to buy metal res with no fee :)

However the the items that i cant stock directly from CND, f.ex Korrs H400. Would mean i still need to fly down to the planet to collect. Would need a free TP between CND & Calypso, and we know that aint gonna happen.

I guess you dont go down to get 1 or 2 korss... you probably buy 10 and then 10 p5a´s and some 485 apis, so a extra 1ped/item would be ok but most shops on CND have 10ped+/item.

For me its the lagg that keeps me down on eudoria mostly, and yes Im on a crappy pc so even some areas on the planet is off limit so to say.
Was up on CND a while ago, and looked to be a fun place i want to get back to one day :)

PS. is the radio channel available even if one isnt there "in person"? DS.

Hate to wait for the pilots and then the tax... Thats just to much for me

Went up there recently. And even though I would think I'm semi-ok skilled, my loot sucked big ones! I kept loosing no matter what mobs I tried out. But my biggest "problem" is the no storage things. I do have apartments. But I don't wish to carrie up all my ores and shit (in case I get bored up there and wish to craft) and then take it with me down again, when I'm done - and the same goes for my weapons. It just annoys me that there are no storage.

What also annoys me (as a shop owner), is the long way you have to go to get to the shopping area. And then again, storage would be nice too if you have a shop, so you don't have to carrie up all the stuff, walk with
1km an hour and spend a lot of precious time.

Last, but not least, it is too expensive. If you wish to buy something on auction, you have to pay a fee. Taxes in domes make you pay a lot (and loot stinks enough as it is), and getting up and down also costs!

It's not a minus everytime - but everytime I go up I get disappointed and I hurry down after a couple of days and wait another half year before taking the chance again!

Ï keep the shop and appartments because I have my hopes that it will change at a time in future ;)

the time waiting to fly is the main objection, though i currently do the same for CP so i reckon theres just no draw for me at the mo. fee on auction is a factor, if your using a L item and it breaks you cant get another for sensible price. Shops are even more labourious to visit than Malls, needs some serious shrinking of the shop dome and a tp in the middle.

that said i like the non-storage as it makes a trip to CND into an occasional "holiday" which is partly the idea isnt it?

I think adding more domes would be a great idea, some strictly for mining, More domes would bring in more business. The other domes would not be as crowded and that might fix some of the lag issues...

For me.. I don't visit CND that often due to the wait time of trying to find a pilot... waiting for a full crew to finally take off....Once I'm there the lag is horrific... and then it's waiting for a pilot and another full crew to come back down....

I didn't see the options that would make me want to go up more...

1. Less people at cnd!! The domes are WAAAAYYYY to overcrowded with miners.

2. More domes. For the 750,000 people there are ingame 20 domes just doesn't cut it... there should easily be 100 domes.

3. Several of those 100 domes should be completely empty of mobs to allow uninterrupted mining.

4. Storage bins would be a nice addition too :silly2:

There is just no reason to go to CND, everything that is up there is down on calypso too, and there is storage and there is more space to hunt and mine on. Its just slow and boring(for me) up there, and its hard to be effective in what you are doing without storage, with to much people on to small areas, no pilots, AU fees, empty shops, long way to run to the shops ect ect

I've no intention of visiting CnD.

There are so many dead hangers scattered all over the place. The only active one I ever hear of is at Twin, and frankly the price of a trip up just isn't worth it.

~I

Voted none of the above.

I just need more skills to take on the aliens.:silly2:

PS. I've never been up.

I voted cheaper flights up en down but I want to add that for me two things are equally important. I would go to CND more if I could travel faster up and down plus cheaper prices.

It's getting there, and going back. I don't go to CP nearly as often as I'd like to hunt Aurli's, and I NEVER go to CND anymore.
If it was just a TP trip away, I'd go there as often as I go to Amethera, which is to say, about half the time.
Even if it cost me the same money as a flight with a spaceship.

And from CP, at least you know you can go back whenever you want. I've been stuck at CND for hours too often. I just don't go there anymore.

It's not the money. It's the hassle.

Oh and the (lack of) storage pisses me off too.

Last edited:
Storage - won't go back up until that is implemented. Ssorry Neverdie, just too much hassle without a storage unit and I don't intend on buying an apartment. I'm pretty sure there will never be storage units though unfortunately.

Second biggest concern would be pilots and finding a flight up/down when I want without having to wait.

it should be a multiple choice poll .. well

-less mobs
-less taxes
-cheaper flights
-Normal auction
-Fully active shopping area
-Storage

and a guaranteed ATH would be nice too

Either free trip (not by pilot either) or I need to be able to fly up or down for 20 ped within 5 minutes of wanting to.

it should be a multiple choice poll .. well

-less mobs
-less taxes
-cheaper flights
-Normal auction
-Fully active shopping area
-Storage

and a guaranteed ATH would be nice too

I did that on purpose, to see what is actually the biggest concern of the players, and not only "the nice to have" ones.

Here is my opinion on what i think

-less mobs CND needs miners and hunters and the domes have already changed so much that this request has already been fully covered.

-less taxes: How would you make money if yo had a landarea and the taxes were to low. 5% is the average tax you pay either on CND or on LA's on amathera. Dont forget that the landowners have to also feed animals and make sure th spawn is up to date as well, just like the fact you wanna global or HoF on mining and hunting. Don't foret either that most ppl who own big assets ingame don't have a rl job but are fully independent by what they make ingame. where others have a rl game and deposit just cuz they wanna have some fun.

-cheaper flights: Flights aleady are pretty cheap, the average pilot asks 20 ped for CND, when i started i remember paying even 30-35 peds. (although i do agree it's hard to get a pilot sometimes when u need one but this fact has already been discussed in many other threads so i won't start in this thread)

-Normal auction: auction is normal, what u put up at CND, ppl can buy at CND. If ytou import something from outside your own country you have to pay a transport fee too so its obvious that the same works for CND.

-Fully active shopping area: The shopping area would be more active if ppl didnt buy all their stuff on auction, and would take their time walking throuhg the shopping mall. But i'm glad that there is a group off ppl who kleeps trying with the shop and actually do good.
In the shopping mall you can buy all kinds of mining stuff hunting gear and other things u might need. So if u want it fully active then make it fully active by shopping there instead off going to auction

-Storage : there is always a posibility to buy an apt. up at CND, you already have a small size for about 700 peds (if im up to date)

and a guaranteed ATH would be nice too (i take that as a thrown in disclamer where ATH's can be found everywhere inside entropia, you just have to be the lucky person to run into it!!!!)

A free flight service from ND to get up there and down again 24/7 (as a matter of speaking)

Compared to the tax return per person present, I think he will make zillions more than the cost of free flight.

Maybe a trial period could be handy to test the validity of this model ;)

Atami

PS :

I choose music btw, but I help myself with my own music when I'm up there :)

Why does everyone always want everything for free?
Do you get a free planeticket if you wanna fly somewhere?
Don't you have to pay rl taxes?

And do you do the same thing to all other landowners on entropia? do you ask them to lower taxes too? do you ask them to have less mobs cuz you like mining on their LA?

Sorry but why does it always have to come back to CND?

I don't go to CND anymore. :(

I used to go a lot - but I've gotten used to the CP teleporter and being able to go home whenever I want to.

I can't stand getting completely burned out on CND, wanting to leave, then having to stay there for 2 more days because there are no fuckin' pilots on when I'm ready to go home. :cussing:

I think the whole piloting system is a joke and should be completely re-worked.
Teleporters back & forth to CND and I would go :D

no mobs at all ( I'm not talking about unique) - then I would be living in CND 24/7

seriously ... who goes to cnd for hardcore hunt? To pay unnecessary taxes? :D People hunt there only on events as CL and so on... and Neverdie still hasn't got it :rolleyes:

Back