Question: What would make you goto CND more?

What would make you goto CND more?

• More mobs

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Less mobs (more mining space)

Votes: 22 6.3%
  • Other mobs (Or lower / higher maturity)

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Faster fly up and down (Less waiting for a pilot)

Votes: 44 12.5%
  • Cheaper fly up and down

Votes: 81 23.1%
  • Less tax

Votes: 39 11.1%
  • Other Music

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Normal auction (No transport cost)

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • Storage

Votes: 52 14.8%
  • More events

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • More domes

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • More activity (More ppl up, bigger social network)

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • More Domes with pvp on

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Less lagg

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Less psychedelic disco

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Fully active shopping area

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
Get rid of that damn gravity slowing you down while running thing that really annoys me, revive in domes not control room. Its too spread out for any reasonable community to flourish. The shops are crazy make it easier to enter them all from the inner circle. Why are they all walled lets have glass so we can see whats inside..!! There ya go HTH ;)

Posted via Mobile Device Redecoration...I spawned there and even the word 'dome' sends me into therapy still.

Get rid of that damn gravity slowing you down while running thing that really annoys me, revive in domes not control room. Its too spread out for any reasonable community to flourish. The shops are crazy make it easier to enter them all from the inner circle. Why are they all walled lets have glass so we can see whats inside..!! There ya go HTH ;)

Good point about the revival!

Sometimes you revive and wanne get back to your mob asap febore it regens HP completely, and you get stuck at the revival with a bunch of ppl in front of you prolly AFK or ignorant.
You can try to run any direction or jump all you want, you are stuck while your mob is regenerating, pressing T don't help and you cannot TP away.
Been there and it's very frustrating if your Dasp has 10% HP left and you are stuck for over 5mins due nobody moves.
Now that I think of it, you could mabe with 8 ppl block CND completely, 4 at each revival and it's game-over for everyone that revives...
Reviving in the dome itself would be an excellent idea!

Normal auction for me. I can't help feeling handicapped on CND because there are more limits than possibilities. Gaining too much weight is a matter of couple of hours, spending all cash - few days or again hours for average player with less than 1K$ cash on his game account. And paying 50 peds to access the location you can enjoy for couple of hours is kinda much. I'm not even starting on time you spend waiting which is often more than the time you are actually playing.

While appartment is just a luxary an individual still can afford, owning a shop is a profession already. So there's hardly a reasonable way for an average player to avoid frozen cashflow. 1-2 traders with below market prices, auction fee + transportation costs, flight costs and high tax - all this is economical disaster for anyone willing to live there for a while. IMHO.

Why does everyone always want everything for free?
Do you get a free planeticket if you wanna fly somewhere?
Don't you have to pay rl taxes?

And do you do the same thing to all other landowners on entropia? do you ask them to lower taxes too? do you ask them to have less mobs cuz you like mining on their LA?

Sorry but why does it always have to come back to CND?

I think you are missing my point (if you were referring to my thread).
If people "fly" at the cost of ND he should make the money back with taxes.

At 5%, it means that for a TT of 40 ped travel costs you'd have to hunt/mine for an average loot of 800 ped to break even ... maybe a bit steep I agree.

So I'm not saying it has to come for free but with a preferred customer list and some airmiles or other creativity he could make more people get over there ... at least if he wants to make more that is :)

Atami

having my my old avatar back :silly2:

(sorry not really constructive :D)

Last time I went to cnd I had to wait a stupid amount of time to leave the planet... Then I almost smashed my fcuking keyboard trying to get my ava to sit in the fcuking bugged seat!!

Stuff I don't like:
Auction transport fees - so...apparently I can magically transport stuff to a space station but not to an asteroid.
No Storage - yes cos i want to pay 1kped so i can walk faster (i get overweight about 3 minutes after i start mining)
Low gravity - wtf doesn't it affect the mobs, huh?
no pvp in domes - necessary! dome 1, 6, 12, 16 , 17, 18, 19, 20 (that means all four LA's, yes)
Reliance on the 100 people with hangars to actually be online, of which 10% are active pilots.
No shops stocked. Period. (one in 200 does not count)

Posted via Transcendental Psychotropy

reason of avoiding CND:

1. the wait of pilots going up and coming down.
2. No storage and the high auction fee for exporting/importing.
3. other than cornet and dasp, nothing special about the mob up there and
5% Hunting tax (i understand mining to be 5% but hunting.....since most
mob can be found in eudoria and amethera.)
4. Aggressive miners that train mobs to you when they mining and dropping
probes like no tomorrow.

reason of going to CND:

1. usually good mining
2. Cornet and daspletors spawn.
3. Only place with big fouls atm (no choice even with just that few big ones)
Small Caperons spawns and of cos those big snables,snarks spawn as well.
4. Change of enviroment.

Here is my opinion on what i think

-less mobs CND needs miners and hunters and the domes have already changed so much that this request has already been fully covered.

-less taxes: How would you make money if yo had a landarea and the taxes were to low. 5% is the average tax you pay either on CND or on LA's on amathera. Dont forget that the landowners have to also feed animals and make sure th spawn is up to date as well, just like the fact you wanna global or HoF on mining and hunting. Don't foret either that most ppl who own big assets ingame don't have a rl job but are fully independent by what they make ingame. where others have a rl game and deposit just cuz they wanna have some fun.

-cheaper flights: Flights aleady are pretty cheap, the average pilot asks 20 ped for CND, when i started i remember paying even 30-35 peds. (although i do agree it's hard to get a pilot sometimes when u need one but this fact has already been discussed in many other threads so i won't start in this thread)

-Normal auction: auction is normal, what u put up at CND, ppl can buy at CND. If ytou import something from outside your own country you have to pay a transport fee too so its obvious that the same works for CND.

-Fully active shopping area: The shopping area would be more active if ppl didnt buy all their stuff on auction, and would take their time walking throuhg the shopping mall. But i'm glad that there is a group off ppl who kleeps trying with the shop and actually do good.
In the shopping mall you can buy all kinds of mining stuff hunting gear and other things u might need. So if u want it fully active then make it fully active by shopping there instead off going to auction

-Storage : there is always a posibility to buy an apt. up at CND, you already have a small size for about 700 peds (if im up to date)

and a guaranteed ATH would be nice too (i take that as a thrown in disclamer where ATH's can be found everywhere inside entropia, you just have to be the lucky person to run into it!!!!)

Well, the mobs have been set for the miners and from ND's standpoint I understand that but then I don't hunt there anymore because of it. Last soc hunt up there was terrible as no mobs to find so we won't do it again unless maybe for Desps.

Sorry hun, dunno how they 'average' numbers in Holland but 5% tax is about the max tax I've seen. I'm not disagreeing with the amount he has it set at. It's his place, his setting but it's not a 5% average for LA's. Many of the LA's on Amethera are less than 5%.

Auction - there currently isn't enough ppl living on CND to make using the auction there very viable. The transport fees make it almost impossible to rely on and only eats up a persons profit for no real reason.. IMHO.

Shopping - well, mine would be open if there were customers. :( I had thousands of peds of items and tried to target the ppl living there as customers. Others made shops full of mining stuff including tons of amps but then the re-sellers in the control room screwed them as ppl would pay a few peds more instead of having to run to a shop that might/ might not have the amp they want.

The biggest problems are how far it is to get to the shops and how confusing it is. The other malls have an internal teleporter to the floors, the CND Mall should at least have this feature. They should be placed at the 4 open areas at the shop level. Also note that when I was up there a lot of ppl didn't even know the mall existed as there NO teleport that says mall.. just North Teleporter or whatever it's called. It sucks to have to run for forever to find a shop then get weighed down if you buy something to get back to a crafting terminal for example. These have always been the biggest problems with the shops there and I'd always hoped and expected something to be done. Like I wrote to ND a long long time ago.. the Mall on CND is one of the worst designed 3d spaces I've ever been in and I still stick to that.

Storage, well, there was a time that my shop was full even with a ton of boxes and I had to buy an apartment for the overflow. Almost all was loots from CND. For the ppl without it, well they are:
Stuck trying to find a flight down to put in an auction where there's a lot of customers.
Stuck having to run even slower from the weight.
Stuck having to sell to the re-sellers in the control room at a lower price if they do want to lighten up.
The only way around the above is to shell out peds for an apartment. Then they still have to deal with the hassle of a flight down and usually have to pay extra to get a pilot to fly with less than 4 ppl.

In my mind, CND is a place to mine and ppl usually do well. ND is very wise to have it set up as it is given the overall current situation. I'm not much of a miner though so don't have much of a reason to go up right now.

And do you do the same thing to all other landowners on entropia? do you ask them to lower taxes too? do you ask them to have less mobs cuz you like mining on their LA?

Sorry hun, missed this one. Yes, ppl do ask for lower taxes from other land owners and kind of vote with their hunting / mining. The individual land owners know what works best for their LA's including ND. One thing that ppl DO ask for a lot from the land owners is to increase or reduce the spawn size and maturities. They ask from the perspective of hunters and miners. Again, it's up to the Land Owners to decide. You might want to take the time when you have the time to scan thru the various sections of this forum that has to do with either LA's or creatures. Lots and lots of suggestions are made. Even polls like for Gandolf's neconu LA where the ppl REALLY want the equus back or at least more of them there. He hasn't changed it so I can only think he's making more from the neconu than he did the horsies. I know he's not making more from me at least as I no longer go there at all.

There are LA's with 3.9% taxes and others with 5% but most are inbetween. I personally avoid taxed LA's a lot of the time but when I want to go for something unique, I don't worry to much about the tax because it's unique. Well, if it's over 5% I won't at all hunt there. Thing is, much of the DNA on CND and the LA's aren't unique and the same mobs can be found on un-taxed areas. I used to hunt the bulls a lot on CND (unique mob) and now with the Argo's in there (not unique mob).. well, I personally don't like it so I don't do it. For me it's huge extra armour decay + tax for a mob I can hunt for free. But then, the domes are set up for miners now and that's all good too :)

So, to answer your question, no, it's not just ND and CND that ppl ask about. Ppl harrass the other land owners about stuff all the time. I think you might think that it's only CND as maybe you don't read the other threads as much??? Just a guess hun.

GL and rock on! :)

You are right i dont read other section as much as i do read the CND section.
But one thing accures to me and that fact is that the same ppl have the same thing over and over, and this items have been discussed so many times before. As you say...it's the choice of the Landowner and either you respect it or you don't.
But i don't see the need to discuss the same thing over and over again, for as far as i know ND made a lot of changes in order to keep the miners happy and now the hunters aren´t happy cuz there is a lack of mobs. (which is not totally true, cuz atleast 60% of the domes is still good for hunting dome 1-6-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15 those domes are full with mobs, and you dont have to go search for it)
And the spawn will be different when there´s events like CL and Champagne Saturday.
I thinks there will always be issues when it comes to CND....

Anyway, for me this case is closed, i said what i wanted to say...

I will always LOVE CND...cuz i love the vibe, the ppl and the 24 hour music.
And it´s a special place to have fun and meet cool ppl.

Pink

You are right i dont read other section as much as i do read the CND section.
But one thing accures to me and that fact is that the same ppl have the same thing over and over, and this items have been discussed so many times before. As you say...it's the choice of the Landowner and either you respect it or you don't.
But i don't see the need to discuss the same thing over and over again, for as far as i know ND made a lot of changes in order to keep the miners happy and now the hunters aren´t happy cuz there is a lack of mobs. (which is not totally true, cuz atleast 60% of the domes is still good for hunting dome 1-6-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15 those domes are full with mobs, and you dont have to go search for it)
And the spawn will be different when there´s events like CL and Champagne Saturday.
I thinks there will always be issues when it comes to CND....

Anyway, for me this case is closed, i said what i wanted to say...

I will always LOVE CND...cuz i love the vibe, the ppl and the 24 hour music.
And it´s a special place to have fun and meet cool ppl.

Pink

I don't think anyone said it's not a special place, that you can't have fun and people aren't cool. But we are a bunch of very different players and to hunters/miners and crafters, this is more than just about listening to music, dance in virtual champagne in a virtual discotek - it's a LOT about not loosing too much money. I'm sure a lot feel like you though, otherwise my guess is they wouldn't be up there ;)

But this thread is a question about CND and should also be seen as a way to help Neverdie see how he might be able to get more customers up there and improve things. If the majority thinks the taxes is a problem, he should maybe reconsidder his rate. Because you cannot in any ways compare with landowners taxes on Amethera. Every landowner down there are in constant competition because if you don't like the smell in one of them, you can easily tp to another and spend your money there OR you can choose NOT to go to any taxed areas at all and return if you regrett.

When you go to CND you already payed 20-25peds to go up there and you know you have to pay the same to go back down. If you don't wish to see them wasted, you have to at least stay up there for some days. If you then don't have a storage or an appartment, you are stucked with lots of heavy stuff (if you don't wish to sell them underpriced to some smart reseller in the controle room). You are basicly stucked. You can choose one dome from another but you can't escape taxes. They are there constantly all the time.

To me CND is just too thight somehow - I see it as nearly all the "problems" are connected. Some of them are not for Neverdie to change but MA - and I can guess that one might not be that easy!

Outstanding..well said.

I don't think anyone said it's not a special place, that you can't have fun and people aren't cool. But we are a bunch of very different players and to hunters/miners and crafters, this is more than just about listening to music, dance in virtual champagne in a virtual discotek - it's a LOT about not loosing too much money. I'm sure a lot feel like you though, otherwise my guess is they wouldn't be up there ;)

But this thread is a question about CND and should also be seen as a way to help Neverdie see how he might be able to get more customers up there and improve things. If the majority thinks the taxes is a problem, he should maybe reconsidder his rate. Because you cannot in any ways compare with landowners taxes on Amethera. Every landowner down there are in constant competition because if you don't like the smell in one of them, you can easily tp to another and spend your money there OR you can choose NOT to go to any taxed areas at all and return if you regrett.

When you go to CND you already payed 20-25peds to go up there and you know you have to pay the same to go back down. If you don't wish to see them wasted, you have to at least stay up there for some days. If you then don't have a storage or an appartment, you are stucked with lots of heavy stuff (if you don't wish to sell them underpriced to some smart reseller in the controle room). You are basicly stucked. You can choose one dome from another but you can't escape taxes. They are there constantly all the time.

To me CND is just too thight somehow - I see it as nearly all the "problems" are connected. Some of them are not for Neverdie to change but MA - and I can guess that one might not be that easy!

Apprentice Jedi,
Force Majeure

I love CND and would spend alot more time up there if it wasnt for the damn waiting for pilots... getting up isnt that hard, but almost everytime i've gone up there i've spent DAYS on getting down, unless I have the time to be logged on for 3-4hours and hang around in the control room... And the lag is a bit of a problem aswell, but not in the domes.

But all in all i give CND a 9 out of 10 :) cus of the easy hunting and mining possebilitieggreads <-- im tired!

Tax, Tax, Tax. The price to hunt and mine is the root cause.

If it's cheaper more and bigger players will come more often and the rest of the problems (slow shops, lack of pilots) will be reduced as well.

Maybe Neverdie can do some experiments with his tax level...
for instance :back to school tax refund in September! Hunt and Mine for just 3.9%!!!

Or a Welcome back Joe Jeff xXSquallXx and OA 105 UL tax break :D

And see if the impact on his bottom line is positive.

I would be there more often for sure with a lower tax rate.

/Slupor

Should be a multiple option post. I voted for less tax, though I'd also like cheaper transportation up and down....I went there once as a noob and I tried to mine.....Baaaaad idea with a TT finder :D

I Remember seeing Pilots selling full price tickets.. then advertising buying oil at only a fraction of the market value:rolleyes:
Weird huh?:laugh:

I voted for less cost up and down... but I don't think that will happen :(

CND Express

It seems that the flying cost adn waiting time is the main issue.

This could be an idea for ND.
Provide flights to CND himself or via pilots on a regular bases with fixed hours.
The player pay a fee of 30 ped to the pilot to fly up.
The pilot enters the date and name of the player in an external database on ND's website.
When the player wants to fly down he pays again 30 ped to one of the pilots providing the shuttle service.
The pilot enters the avatar's name in the database and the date of flying down.

Once a month ND does a query on the database and everyone who stayed more than xx amount of days in a row on CND gets his 60ped flights cost back.

Pilots will be happy to fly faster down and up even not completely full (less waiting times for the avatars), Pilots will be glad to fly up and down more since they earn a bit more. (More pilots, less waiting times).
Loyal CND miners/hunters don't mind flying up since they get their flying cost payed back so it don't cost them anything.

The pilots joining the "CND express" must guarantee as soon as there are 2 ppl ready to fly a waiting time of 30 minutes before taking off, even with the 2 passengers. (When a pilot don't follow this rule, he can be kicked out of the system, and he's not a "CND express" pilot anymore.
The list of CND express pilots should be advertised on the CND website or here on EF, so ppl know with what pilot to fly in order to get a refund.
Only the "CND express" pilots have access to enter the passengers on the website.

This could start people stay up there for a longer period on CND, since there is no storage, they will probably use the auction more to sell stuff, ppl will buy stuff from the auction there because more people are up simultaniously.
Shops will be used more. (Shopping tax for ND)
Appartments will be actually used, community on CND would grow witch increase the income for ND to cover the travel cost for the players.

Maybe some finetuning of this system is needed but I think it's worth a shot.

Nice Idea DrDoom ..

looking forward to see a comment from ND

Here is my opinion on what i think

-less mobs CND needs miners and hunters and the domes have already changed so much that this request has already been fully covered.

Seems like some of the domes now have TOO much mobs catering more for hunters than miners....... But everyone can agree huting is mainly done during events or if your bored from mining ;) (excluding unique's ofc).

-less taxes: How would you make money if yo had a landarea and the taxes were to low. 5% is the average tax you pay either on CND or on LA's on amathera. Dont forget that the landowners have to also feed animals and make sure th spawn is up to date as well, just like the fact you wanna global or HoF on mining and hunting. Don't foret either that most ppl who own big assets ingame don't have a rl job but are fully independent by what they make ingame. where others have a rl game and deposit just cuz they wanna have some fun.

Yes your right NEVERDIE does need to make a living people, but LA's on planet now have Taxes from 3.5 to 5% CND if i'm not mistaken is still 5.5%??

-cheaper flights: Flights aleady are pretty cheap, the average pilot asks 20 ped for CND, when i started i remember paying even 30-35 peds. (although i do agree it's hard to get a pilot sometimes when u need one but this fact has already been discussed in many other threads so i won't start in this thread)

Cheaper flights would be there if non line pilots were not forced out by line pilot mafia (but lets not start that again), price is not a problem IMO its time waiting.

-Normal auction: auction is normal, what u put up at CND, ppl can buy at CND. If ytou import something from outside your own country you have to pay a transport fee too so its obvious that the same works for CND.

Auction aint normal compared to the overall game, Amethera is not the same continent as Eudoria and no fee to import from auctions made there, CP is not even the same planet (like CND) and we have no fee's from there.

So how would it be obvious to have the fee's from CND :scratch2:

I know you are not in control of the fee's its MA's doing but if Squall can make them change things maybe NEVERDIE can too :rolleyes:?

-Fully active shopping area: The shopping area would be more active if ppl didnt buy all their stuff on auction, and would take their time walking throuhg the shopping mall. But i'm glad that there is a group off ppl who kleeps trying with the shop and actually do good.
In the shopping mall you can buy all kinds of mining stuff hunting gear and other things u might need. So if u want it fully active then make it fully active by shopping there instead off going to auction

Its not fully active due to the huge layout and gravity factor when heavy (shop owners).

-Storage : there is always a posibility to buy an apt. up at CND, you already have a small size for about 700 peds (if im up to date)

Pay 700 ped for an appartment and walk heavily to your appartment miles from where the domes are and have a reduced item count compared to real storage. Dont forget the fact if/when you wanna go down you need to go up get your gear and walk slowly back to control room then hold up everyone walking slowly to the ship once pilot has kept you waiting for 3h while he fills his ship.

Time lost while waiting for a ship to fill up sucks. I hate being stuck up on CND or down on Calypso. Paying for VIP is sometyhing I can only afford to do rarely.

Voted none of the above.

The one thing that keeps me from CND is poor loot. I have better times planet side.

Just like the majority it seems, my issues are paying to get up and down, and then the storage issues. These two issues just don't agree with my ultra-eco hunting methods.

Never been on CND and I think it will take long time b4 I will visit it.

Lack of stoarge device is obvilously ND and pilot mafia doing;) And thats one MAJOR thing that puts me out of CND.

About taxes.. well ND paid so much for CND that it will take years to repay it right? But still - less tax - more ppl I think its obivious? He just does not care anymore?

About auction... thats one BS that I just dont understand... ships fly with only few passengers so I would say they have plenty of storage space so additional cost should be rly low??

About pilots/waiting time.. lets not start it again ;)

And fianlly about squall.. now i know that when my loot sucks, squall just made windthrawal of few k's $ ;) I see this subject will pop up now every time so often:)
Just my :twocents: (CND Virgin)

Last edited:
None of the above. Only thing that will get me up there is a free round trip, @ a time that I can go. Otherwise I will use my limited peds on playing the game, not on transportation.

I have 2 reasons that I wont go back up.

1. the transportation there and back.
2. Noway am I going back there to go thru over 100 bombs before the first crappy ass level III or IV find.
The last three times I tried that happened.. NEVER again.

Planetside I avg 1 claim per 3 maybe 4 bombs granted its all mainly II and III finds but that adds up with that high claim/ bomb ratio. Why would I EVER want to go to a place that even has the potential I go over 5 maybe 10 max before a claim.

less taxes on hunt and mining, storage ofc, and more pilots.

Back