Question: What would make you goto CND more?

What would make you goto CND more?

• More mobs

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Less mobs (more mining space)

Votes: 22 6.3%
  • Other mobs (Or lower / higher maturity)

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Faster fly up and down (Less waiting for a pilot)

Votes: 44 12.5%
  • Cheaper fly up and down

Votes: 81 23.1%
  • Less tax

Votes: 39 11.1%
  • Other Music

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Normal auction (No transport cost)

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • Storage

Votes: 52 14.8%
  • More events

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • More domes

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • More activity (More ppl up, bigger social network)

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • More Domes with pvp on

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Less lagg

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Less psychedelic disco

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Fully active shopping area

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 7.1%

• Total voters
The problem with more pilots and or cheaper flights can be solved easy.
Just add a storage and normal auction, so you can stay up there for longer.

Now if you mine there you rely on the resellers who buys ore/enm. And there are times where there are none so you are stuck with a bulky ava.

Ok you can take an appartment but thats just to expensive.

If the auction must have transport costs, please alter it from costs per TT value to costs per weight (what it normally would) Because buying a full TT weapon or finder is just way to expensive and you could rather fly it up there yourselve.

If you can stay up there for long time, or unlimmited, the flights can be doubled in price.

About taxes.. well ND paid so much for CND that it will take years to repay it right? But still - less tax - more ppl I think its obivious? He just does not care anymore?

Ha he bought it for 1M PED ($100k) and he made it more than 10 times back already. Even if CND would be deleted right now without notice he has nothing to complain about...

the tax is just a killer! 5% of all you're loot is too much imho. *Note* that i'm a cheap dutch bastard who thinks that even 0,9% tax is way too much.

I'm not playing to get rich but i'm certainly not playing to make ND richer :D

I only read the first 3 pages of this thread and here are my comments.

I mine CND a lot and just upgraded my plates to 5B and can now use a Korss 400 so I bought a A103 amp and have been trying to hunt up there more now.

The main issue I have there is the lag in a few of the domes. It's just bad to the point where I just want to get the hell out of the dome. For mining it's not so bad but I was in dome 14 last night and I click to shoot a mob...nothing....I finally get a shot off and now I need to FAP because all the while the mob is chomping on my armor. Took me a good few minutes to take down a Bery Stalker due to the lag and naturally for most mobs I shoot up there.....No loot.

I voted for more domes. They are crowded and over mined. There are very long what I call "dead periods" up there. Sure there cannot be a constant respawn of ores/enmats or the market would be flooded but I notice a certain period of time every day(when most Americans are on) that it is just dead up there, every day. I call this the "North America dead period" . Spwan times need to be taken off of their static times and set to DYNAMIC to make it the same for everyone. ;) Just sucks to log on and know I am going to lose if I mine over the next 3-4 hours.

Anyhow, I adjust to the dead periods and do quite well up there most times.

Storage: If it was implemented it would kill the housing market there. As a CND apartment owner storage is not needed. If you plan on spending any significant time on CND invest in an apartment. It makes the stay much more enjoyable. If you are just there for a couple days and get heavy there are traders up there to help lighten your load.

Shops: There are some empty and trying to find one that is actually open is not easy. There could be some modification to the layout and maybe green and red indicators outside the shops to show which are open and closed. I would love to own a shop up there but...;)

Pilots: Seems to be an ongoing battle between the pilots and customers. Best advice is get a couple that are on the most into your friends lists and plan your trip accordingly. I will stop by Twin, no pilots? PM a pilot that is on and find out what the pilot status is and have them help you line up a pilot that is coming down soon. Most are willing to help and this will save you a lot of time waiting around. I still think pilots need to band together and set the price at 20 ped for a while and see if that keeps the flow of pilots going but I know that will never happen. Some pilots want to make that extra 40 ped per round trip as it is all profit. So be it.

Auction Fees/Transport Costs: Well...They suck in the first place the way they are calculated but in order to keep the shops with some business and the pilots flying they need to be there.

Taxes: 5% is not bad. 1 ped out of every 20 ped I pull out is OK with me. Just keep giving me big HOFs and I am happy. :) Would I complain if it was lower? Hell no.

In conclusion I think there are some things that should be tweaked and can be fixed to make CND more enjoyable but I have a pretty good time they way it is now. I adjust and deal with the bad and revel in the good.

One question I have is why do the mobs loot for shit up there?

Well I voted to reduce tax. I think it would attract more people.
At certain times of the day getting to CND and back down from CND are near to impossible. A one way fee based TP like CP would be OK in my book.

While I am a hunter and miner I think a good balance of both works on CND. Not so many mobs you can't mine but enough to make it a challenge to mine certain areas. My favorite activity is clearing mobs concentrations then mining the area where they were.

If CND was more accessible with less taxes I think ND would make ped hand over fist, much more than he does now.

Well I voted to reduce tax. I think it would attract more people.
At certain times of the day getting to CND and back down from CND are near to impossible. A one way fee based TP like CP would be OK in my book.

While I am a hunter and miner I think a good balance of both works on CND. Not so many mobs you can't mine but enough to make it a challenge to mine certain areas. My favorite activity is clearing mobs concentrations then mining the area where they were.

If CND was more accessible with less taxes I think ND would make ped hand over fist, much more than he does now.

but he is making ped hand over fist now, ok he could get more by doing what we think would work but why fix what in his eye's aint broke?

Did you guys not notice its not ND who is making this thread and ND has yet to even post in it even tho its about his land???

For me , auction fee and no storage is the reason i dont go there.

KittyLee and I love CND. We went up there recently after she got a 4.7K hof on a molisk young. Our intention was to go through 1K ped each, including recycling in the tt to the fullest extent possible before coming down.

Unfortunately, we just couldn't find a dome we were happy enough with the settle into. Usually, by default, we can always rely on the little atrox dome to keep our attention when such things happen. However, with the recent changes in the atrox, KittyLee and I have been left very unimpressed. We spent all of 30 minutes on CND and flew back down somewhat disappointed that we didn't get to piss through 2K ped up there. :laugh:

The fact is that as we flew back down we came to the resolve that we will have to wait until we are higher skilled and able to use our weapons more efficiently and get into the larger domes or see if ND finally gives us the "M Dome" we've been wishing for. Our dream "M Dome" is 4 DNA of molisks, max spawn, maturity no higher than scavenger and 2 DNA of merps, max spawn max maturity. It may not be popular with the miners and maybe these mobs can be found on the planet, but we skill faster at CND and that makes it worth it to us. We regularly break even or profit a little with these mobs and we can camp a mob 12-14 hours a day.

Maybe someday, we'll have ped to spare and find the dome we most want to see exists at the same time. It will be a very happy day for the two of us.

Hugs,
Aliana

storage....... no point on going there when u are 200 i no time and then cant move at all..

For me the biggest annoyance is trying to A) find a pilot and B) then waiting for the seats to be full... When I want to go somewhere I want to go there 'NOW' not in 2 hours... And don't get me started on VIP prices.

If I knew I could get to CND and leave CND at the precise moment I wanted then I would mine and hunt there.

Storage would be nice, but that would kill the housing market on CND, so storage is not gonna happen.

Get rid of the extra auction fees and that would go some way towards addressing the storage issue without crashing the housing market.

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Not even reading this...just adding that the only thing that would drag me back to CND is a revive...and that is if all the planetary ones were broken.

CND is really not my place.

Lacks atmosphere ;P

The problem with pilots is quite simple to fix.
MA needs to change the flying system so that pilots can't drop people off at CP on the way up.

If every pilot leaves calypso with 4 passengers, drops off one at CP and takes 3 to CND, then flys back from CND with 4 passengers what do you have????????? Big friggen queues, because all the pilots want to fly more back than they flew up.

The only thing that has stopped the whole thing grinding to a massive halt (and mind you when you have 5 pilots lined up at CND and none at Twin you get the idea it is getting close) is that people get frustrated and pay for VIP flight, or pilots fly down empty rather than wait for 3 days in a queue. I flew a ship for months, believe me the pilots want the flights to move faster too!

The system is so frigged up it's insane that it hasn't been fixed already.

Surely MA can do alegrebra as simple as :

Pilot A leaves with 4 passenger, if he drops 1 at CP how many does he have when he gets to CND????? Now if he wants to fly back from CND with 4 passengers how long will he have to wait to fill his ship?????? Do you think a kid in grade 2 could work out this won't work - he'll say "hey miss, I think you put a trick question on my exam!!!!!!!!!!"

The poll should have been multiple choice, imo.

Many things could be improved, but if I HAVE to pick one single thing, I'll go with the cheaper transport up/down.

cheaper flyes up and down, less mobs , less miners or more domes to mine;)
more coordination of the pilots ... somme time are 7 pilots up and no one down for take ppl up , and otherwise.

tp

i would love to have a tp down to earth where i pay for my trip...just like on CP

it doesnt matter if there would be pilots flying every 20 min...there is always some of the passangers that screws it up...

There is too much free space on CND and takes too long to get around the places. The shops really aren't integrated properly into CND so the shopping mall is a big waste of time.

The apartments are expensive and there are not enough of them. The idea of no storage makes people buy apartments and this has kept the realestate market on CND high. If thats taken away, lots of pissed off home owners who paid high prices for apartments.

CND is lonely. Not a nice crowd, cheaper flights back and forth would be better. Perhaps having a CND owned cheaper trasport service taking half a day to get to CND but at a considerably lower rate than the space ships.. say 2PED.

More Globals in the biodomes. The general finds are bigger but I've got better mining from sticking on eudoria.

It does lack atmosphere.... but the musics ok, when they aren't playing heavy metal stuff. Maybe have a programmable radio station?

There is too much free space on CND and takes too long to get around the places. The shops really aren't integrated properly into CND so the shopping mall is a big waste of time.

Your right here ;)

The apartments are expensive and there are not enough of them. The idea of no storage makes people buy apartments and this has kept the realestate market on CND high. If thats taken away, lots of pissed off home owners who paid high prices for apartments.

The Appartments are not much differnt from plannet price's maybe 100-200 ped more, but remember your paying for a storage facility so exepct to pay more.

But there is lots of appartments always going up for sale on CND. NEVERDIE puts them on with 1 ped start bids on auction and lets the community bid.

CND is lonely. Not a nice crowd, cheaper flights back and forth would be better. Perhaps having a CND owned cheaper trasport service taking half a day to get to CND but at a considerably lower rate than the space ships.. say 2PED.

IMO you must make your crowd but thats only possible if you take part in the events i.e. Champions League etc, other than joining event your right CND is lonely (but some people like that).

More Globals in the biodomes. The general finds are bigger but I've got better mining from sticking on eudoria.

Mining CND I've said before and say again "Is like crafting on condition" yes returns are bigger but you get less success.

REASON: Its a small space for all those people so think about how much the ground is mined beneath you? Planet side would you mine in a spot with 5 other miners round you?? No but you do on CND and that spot has already just been mined by 5 other miners 30 mins before you.

As for more globals there is nothing anyone other than MA can do to increase that (well you could buy amps).

It does lack atmosphere.... but the musics ok, when they aren't playing heavy metal stuff. Maybe have a programmable radio station?

Again your right the music needs a swift kick up the backside, i've been playing for nearly 2yrs and the music has never changed once, when NEVERDIE wants people to stay on CND longer he should be looking to change the monotomous loop of music and update his adverts. You cant win shopping trips, appartments or cold hard cash by uploading your screenies to the NEVERDIE forum and have not been able to for well over a year, so why is he STILL promoting it (wonders if he can sue under trade descriptions act for false advertising :scratch2:).

Dont tell me because it costs money the guy is making mega off CND, so he can spare a few $$$ to keep his campers happy, or maybe he's just got stuck in a rut and if the revenue aint falling he's not bothered, but i'm sure with some effort the revenue might could be higher.

Back