What would you do?

ZippO

Elite
Society
cB | Crimson Blades
Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
I was out bombing today for both enmatter and ore when i hit two geology right in the same area. From listening to all the forum postings about what specifically the geoology skill means i decided to try and bomb the crap outta the whole area in the hope that all the bombs would reach something big and deep. Too my suprise in the area of my radar i got 6 surveying and 6 prospecting skill all on small claims. From my experience before when i got my vast melchi i had something very similiar happen. I had about 3 geology skills and about 7 surveying in a circular pattern right around the vast which i finally found when i bombed the center. So today i was thinking maybe i would have a similiar result except that this time i was bombing for both ore and enmatter, so i really tried to bomb over the entire area of the radar without finding anything above those small and poor claims. With a limited amount of bombs and probes left i was faced with a dilemma, should i just bomb the crap outta the entire area for many km around me? or should i just pick and choose trying to get lucky and find something big nearby assuming that those skills actually mean there is something else in the area? I guess getting the perception skill which i did not get with all those bombs/probes to some means there is a large presence of ore/enmatter in the area. I guess what i am asking is do you guys really think that the skills you get when mining suggest what mining deposits are in the area. You can be vague if you dont want to reveal your secrets ;) I didn't really make a poll because i figured a yes/no answer wouldnt do the question any justice :p if ya want list some examples :D

The funniest thing was when i had that circular pattern (which was huge by the way), when i found the vast, i had told my soc m8 wally "wouldn't it be funny if i placed a bomb in the center and found a vast?" and right after i asked that i placed the bomb exactly in the middle, blasted it and bam VAST :) i knew MA was smiling down at me :p

Last edited:
awwww denied ;) guess i am asking something that has already been said a bunch :p

I know shit about mining or I would of said something :silly2:

Sometimes this kinda stuff seems to work....mostly not ;)

The new skill I have gotten ( Calypso ground assessment ) does seem to indicate a rich area. Ive had 10-15 claims close to the CGA-hit several times now and im only at ~130 in that skill yet. A hofclaim also seems to have a CGA-hit close many times.......but not every time.
Hard to say if we see things we wanna believe or if it actually are some substance to this......lets keep bombing and find out :D

strakkan said:

The new skill I have gotten ( Calypso ground assessment ) does seem to indicate a rich area. Ive had 10-15 claims close to the CGA-hit several times now and im only at ~130 in that skill yet. A hofclaim also seems to have a CGA-hit close many times.......but not every time.
Hard to say if we see things we wanna believe or if it actually are some substance to this......lets keep bombing and find out :D

lolol good to know man thx :) i am sure there is something to the skills but just very complicated as to what exactly they mean. As you said I'll keep bombing and try to find out :D

ZippO said:
I was out bombing today for both enmatter and ore when i hit two geology right in the same area. From listening to all the forum postings about what specifically the geoology skill means i decided to try and bomb the crap outta the whole area in the hope that all the bombs would reach something big and deep. Too my suprise in the area of my radar i got 6 surveying and 6 prospecting skill all on small claims. From my experience before when i got my vast melchi i had something very similiar happen. I had about 3 geology skills and about 7 surveying in a circular pattern right around the vast which i finally found when i bombed the center. So today i was thinking maybe i would have a similiar result except that this time i was bombing for both ore and enmatter, so i really tried to bomb over the entire area of the radar without finding anything above those small and poor claims. With a limited amount of bombs and probes left i was faced with a dilemma, should i just bomb the crap outta the entire area for many km around me? or should i just pick and choose trying to get lucky and find something big nearby assuming that those skills actually mean there is something else in the area? I guess getting the perception skill which i did not get with all those bombs/probes to some means there is a large presence of ore/enmatter in the area. I guess what i am asking is do you guys really think that the skills you get when mining suggest what mining deposits are in the area. You can be vague if you dont want to reveal your secrets ;) I didn't really make a poll because i figured a yes/no answer wouldnt do the question any justice :p if ya want list some examples :D

The funniest thing was when i had that circular pattern (which was huge by the way), when i found the vast, i had told my soc m8 wally "wouldn't it be funny if i placed a bomb in the center and found a vast?" and right after i asked that i placed the bomb exactly in the middle, blasted it and bam VAST :) i knew MA was smiling down at me :p

If it hadn't beed a 'Vast' everyone would have felt empathy for you and tried to help you with your question but you just had to blow it right at the end there :broke: :hammer:

Whitefox said:
If it hadn't beed a 'Vast' everyone would have felt empathy for you and tried to help you with your question but you just had to blow it right at the end there :broke: :hammer:
i

LMAO!

anywayz...

Personally ...i have not managed to correlate any skills~deposits of either ore or en

except! for if i mine En, hit a deposit and gain geology ~90% of the time i try bomb and i hit ore also! :eek:

Thats the only constant correlation i have noticed :dunce:

strakkan said:

Can you tell me at what skill level you got that?

Suicide

Franck said:
Hope strakkan won't mind me answering for him :D

Professional Standing = Amazing Miner (5400-5699)

Skills :
Mining = 8099
Prospecting = 2283
Geology = 1348
Extraction = 4303

No idea about Engineering, Computer and Perception as these are not shown on the pic :laugh: --> http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=10847

Holy shit... I am gonna start a new thread about deposits and time spent over this one...

Nice skills btw.

Suicide

if i hit anything good ( both deposit size and % on the ore ) i will bomb the crap out of the whole area , it works for me too ;)
I hit an average kanerium, bombed again.. nothing. Ran west a bit and BANG Sizable Kanerium, took me one click too pull it all up :laugh:

I had a thing like you described happen to me a couple of times, usually when i "carpet bomb" the surroundings i find something bigger (i hoffed 3 times using that method in that situation). But i also had it happen to me that i got like 5 prospecting/geology gains near a claim but never found anything good, ending up with more bombs used to find that "big one" then the area had yielded me in resources. So i always tend to be a bit carefull, i do look for something bigger when i get a lot of perception/geology gains but i keep an eye out not to waste too many bombs trying to find it. I don't have uber mining skills so it might just be that there is something big but because of my low mining skills i can't find it. Maybe it is too deep or something to pick up with my skills i don't know. I also observed that sometimes blasting the same spot a second time yielded me that better deposit. So i would say that for me personally prospecting gains do indicate that there is more ore around (sometimes distributed in smaller claims) but i can't say it is 100% guaranteed. Although it does work for me most of the time. It would be inetersting to know if that succesrate of finding the bigger deposit would increase as i get higher skills.

Dont know if this was mentioned. But it seems to me when something is at a low depth... Like 1 or 2 meters. You can bomb or probe the same spot again and have a pretty good chance of pulling something.

Also, when enmatter mining i have noticed that if the deposit is a fairly good distance from where i dropped the probe drop one at the base of your claim. I got 5 in a row once doing that including a sizeable and a considerable. All FN tho.. bleh.

Suicide

Now I think you guys are finally seeing the spiral formations. Well it's about time.

I hit FOUR sizables IN A ROW a few nights ago using my spiral theory. It was very interesting placing the timer of 15 into my excel sheet and banging down 4 of them one after another. Dynamic my large rear-end. :)

R4tt3xx said:
Now I think you guys are finally seeing the spiral formations. Well it's about time.

I hit FOUR sizables IN A ROW a few nights ago using my spiral theory. It was very interesting placing the timer of 15 into my excel sheet and banging down 4 of them one after another. Dynamic my large rear-end. :)

well if youre teorie is that good u must have a ped card with a 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999 peds and never miss a bomb/probe :)

R4tt3xx said:

heh, r4tt, i've been using your spiral theory for mining since you posted that big sphere of X's on EP .. it still hasnt netted me anything larger than an average.. =/ (7ped?)

btw. I came across one of your claim rods in snarksnot land the other day.. you were nowhere to be found.. i hunted around there for awhile waitin for ya. ;)

Back