Whats a Mentor for?

A mentor will help guide you through the early stage of your EU life :) , You also get free stuff when you finish :D

EU is a deceptively complex game. A common thing people note after playing it for a year or more is that right when they thought they understood it they realized that the system was much more in depth and complicated than they ever imagined, and that they still had much they needed to learn.

A mentor is an official partnership between you and a player. That player is your teacher, helping you to make good decisions as you start your journey. They are there to teach you how to budget your gameplay, how to select armor appropriately, the actual concepts behind mining and crafting, so that it isnt just point mouse, click.

They are there to help you uncover the actual strategy within the game.

Sadly most do not do this. They just farm nubs for reputation.

Can you back up that statement?

Yeah I can. Every day I login I talk to at least one new player who does not talk to his mentor. The common thread is "I message him/her, but he's always busy or never responds."

It's usually followed up with "Would you be my mentor? You seem alot more involved/interested/whatever..."

Sadly I dont take many disciples as my work schedule makes my logon hours erratic. I tell this to all of the new folks that ask, and try to find someone else better suited than me to do the job. But it disappoints me that so many folks are left out in the lurch by people who are simply looking to get something else besides Hunter Gloves Mentor Edition...

Paul Panch Panik is a good mentor, hes involved with the game, logs on frequently, and is experienced with playing on a budget. He does not take free players, to my knowledge, as his focus is on $20 a month gameplay.

If u wanna learn mining strash is the best mentor :)

Oh :( Well Being Ex Military i have no intention of reaching into my wallet unfourtanly :( I prefer Dedication and Work Aswell as cohesive teamwork.

Oh :( Well Being Ex Military i have no intention of reaching into my wallet unfourtanly :( I prefer Dedication and Work Aswell as cohesive teamwork.

That may limit you, as it can take months to get the necessary skills to graduate if youre playing for free. It's not impossible, but most of the turnover in the game is from free players. Your chosen path is probably the most challenging one available in any MMORPG to date.

If it was easy it wouldent be fun

It certainly can still be done. You can consider sweating as a try before you buy concept (and never buy/deposit), but it's way harder these days to start of like this. Walking and searching for fruit, dung, stones could rapidly become the better option, with the price people pay for sweat these days.

It certainly can still be done. You can consider sweating as a try before you buy concept (and never buy/deposit), but it's way harder these days to start of like this. Walking and searching for fruit, dung, stones could rapidly become the better option, with the price people pay for sweat these days.

What does walking and searching for that stuff do??

What does walking and searching for that stuff do??

When you walk in area, you can find piles of dung, fruit and/or stones nearby. You won't see it when you run.
A pile of stones in general give over 2 pec per stone found. Piles usually are between 15-290. Fruit is 0.3 pec each. Dung, not sure about that atm.

When you walk in area, you can find piles of dung, fruit and/or stones nearby. You won't see it when you run.
A pile of stones in general give over 2 pec per stone found. Piles usually are between 15-290. Fruit is 0.3 pec each. Dung, not sure about that atm.

Oh wow lol i guess ill try that :D

Well, you can see them while running, but it takes a lot of attention and practice :)

Also, if you noticed a fruit/stone/dung too late and it disappeared - just carefully walk backward and it will appear again.

i havent done the math, but i dont think that sweating or looking for fruit or stones is enough to pay for the electricity for your computer.

i havent done the math, but i dont think that sweating or looking for fruit or stones is enough to pay for the electricity for your computer.

It would probably more efficent to mine for bitcoin using your computer :laugh:

Well i think im good to go in that aspect since i was Injured in Iraq and my bills are paid

I recommend disi smoker superskunk (spelt something like that) as a mentor he is an awesome guy and was my mentor until i graduated :), he also takes people who play the game for free :)

I certainly didn't mean it as a dig, just a fact of the matter. Anyway, thanks for your service. PM me ingame and I'll be happy to answer your questions as they arise... good luck!

I have done the math, and unless youre in a situation where all that is being covered for you, or you live outside of the US and the value of PED is actually higher because the dollar is worth more than your local currency, you are correct.

I have done the math, and unless youre in a situation where all that is being covered for you, or you live outside of the US and the value of PED is actually higher because the dollar is worth more than your local currency, you are correct.

thought so...

Back