Whats your FIRST & BEST EU memory?

Creature

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Jack "The Creature" Russel
Well as alot of people come and go, and then come back again. I thought it might be interesting and funny to see other peoples memories over the years.

Myself, well i class myself as a baby of the CND boom (having seen an article in local press regarding the purchase of the station i decided to check it out). So that means ive been in and out of game since around mid 2005 i think it was.

So ill get us started......

MY FIRST:
My first memory was having just logged in for the first time having spawned in Fort Argus i found out that my twin brother (who joined the day after my registration - might have been same day cant remember) had spawned in Fort Troy. THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE CONTINENT!!! Well a few hours running later we met in Atlas Haven and the rest is history. TP runs and a mentor soon followed.

MY BEST:
My best memory has to be regarding the numerous dance contests and other competitions at CND. This for me was a golden age for the sheer brilliance of the participants in those contests aswell as the laughter from the people that were around. Im sure it was during NDs DJ set by Junior Jack that i remember Buzz HoFing and globalling away on one of the platforms while he was crafting too hahaha. So many people to mention about those events but you know who you are ;) The old gang haha.

So come on guys and gals lets see what your memories are in this universe ;)

C

Last edited:
My First: My fist memory of EU was getting off the jumpship and not having a clue about what to do next. There were no guides at that time and It took me almost 20 minutes before I discovered how to move my avatar and turn around.

My Best: My best memory is my first hunt with MS9. I was even more of a noob then and I remember we headed out from Fort Fury to hunt Feffoids. I remember the sight of her standing there tagging Feffoids with her Bravo and my noob self asking "What is that rifle that makes that cool "Whoosh" sound?" I had the best time on that hunt. I also bought my Bravo the next day. :D

Nice thread topic, Creature. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

My First - Meeting Lindvig (I need a bigger Gun) and when he became my mentor giving me a window full of stuff to help me on my way :laugh: Always will remember him. Fav Lin Line " Stay behind me Rock I will shoot it for you "

My Best
- Oh god there are so many, I have loved this game ( shame I cant play it in the same way now :( )

First TDO run round orthos mountain nekid race :laugh: That was a hoot :D
My first uber, shaking like a leaf for about 4 hrs after :D
Just being part of such a awesome soc has been the best, so thanks TDO you are a fabby bunch of wonderful people :wtg:

My First:
Trying to get to Swamp Camp by following that trail of green dots:D
DanielleYourMom was the first Ava I can remember, endless healing us noobs :D A few other were doing quizzes to break the monotony and handed out prizes.
Also there were low level BPs lying around, took me some time to manage to pick it up :D Since then I started dropping BPs there for the newcomers.

My Best: My first best was after my first deposit going shopping :D Got myself a full Shogun and went hunting with the TT pistol. Was really amazed how fast the PEDs went away :D

After that my archievements ....
And hopefully the very best memories are those that are still to come :D

edith: A bit out of context if one younts only those ingame moments, but my absolutely best EU moment on forum was :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/111101-my-apartment-stolen.html

I will surely never forget that ! :D

Last edited:
First: Other then landing at PA and absorbing the surroundings... heading just across the river sweating some combinos :D...

Best: My first hof (400ped) on BSM... it was early on in my crafting career and I thought it was awesome had a rush like winning a big pot... just like lots of happiness :D.

My First:
Fresh off the boat I was approached by Jack, my mentor. He gave me a rundown of how starting off would be. He then showed me to the sweat camp and I remember clicking for hours thinking I was going to get rich lol

My Best:
I'll be the first to say it. Logging in for the first time after VU10. I remember being in awe of the new graphics that I had been waiting so long to see. People were shooting off fireworks and there were guides to greet the first re settlers.

Thanks for sharing your memories all ;)

Sounds like some good times have been had - maybe even better ones to come? :)

Anyone else with memories they can share?

First: just spawned in PA getting a "... Want to be your mentor. Accept? yes/no" Popup... :confused: wtf is that. Hell NOOoooooo :run:
Then all the TP running / exploring I did with my colleague from work and our soc. and the girl at Pa that borrowed me a gun.

best: exploring and sweating together with my socmates in the early days.
our search event at morning tear castle, that was awesome! .... -> best things in life are free :ahh:

First: Approached guide Simon and Emma(?) and asked them where I could find a job...

Best: Ran everywhere in Pixie, ended up at outpost SW of Twin and was trapped by spiders...along came an uber (with his gf) who killed one of them, which opened an escape path...inspired me to become uber too (training in progess) :)

My First: Standard stuff really. Went to swamp camp and started.

My Best: My only HOF. Was west of Hadesheim shooting Faucervix and the occasional Combibo. Saw a Combibo hidden in a bush next to a tree and shot it when it proceeded to hop towards me and kill me with tentacle things...I was so like "WTF Bibo was that!?". After running back I learnt to always check the name of a creep and not the colour if they are partially hidden...because an Itumatrox is not a Combibo :laugh:

The very next Bibo I dropped was worth 310PED

Last edited:
MY BEST:
My best memory has to be regarding the numerous dance contests and other competitions at CND. This for me was a golden age for the sheer brilliance of the participants in those contests aswell as the laughter from the people that were around. Im sure it was during NDs DJ set by Junior Jack that i remember Buzz HoFing and globalling away on one of the platforms while he was crafting too hahaha. So many people to mention about those events but you know who you are ;) The old gang haha.

C

:lolup: That party was a blast for sure :)

First was meeting my mentor "gay lord focker"

Best was two weeks latter after starting game I hit 1.7k Melchi on noob gear. Poor Lord had to bring me TT extractors for hours as one will last an even hour of use lol.

:lolup: That party was a blast for sure :)

First was meeting my mentor "gay lord focker"

Best was two weeks latter after starting game I hit 1.7k Melchi on noob gear. Poor Lord had to bring me TT extractors for hours as one will last an even hour of use lol.

There were LOADS of people there that night ;)

Lol i just had a vision of a supply train of about 10 people all carrying tt extractors for you hahaha.

Made me laugh

First memory was I spawned in port atlantis and couldn't control my avatar :laugh:took ages to figure it out but once I did there was no stopping the exploring:yay:
The best memory I have is my first mining global... a 50 ped oil way southwest of port atlantis...was so cool and made me feel like I could actually make it in the game as a miner.I am a mining fool ever since that .

First
spawning at PA, buying 5xfap5 (thot they were L's even back then), crap armour and crappest possible gun from TT (they were shite back then) and running away from PA

Best
being part of Desert Rangers when we killed the trox queen, all other socs were mostly offline, we couldnt believe our luck when it just spawned infront of us ;)

My first...11/15/2005 (1st day);Took me an entire hour to get out of the landing zone in PA...my system wasn't near enough able to run EU in towns at the time (PA, Argus..don't even get started about Twins). But I was too damn stubborn to give in.

Best memory...too many really. If I had to pick it would be my first HOF...north of Sakura (which was the hangout place for myself and friends), everyone else was out for the night or at Crystal Palace...what is a noob to do but shoot big exos? So I was running around shooting stuff when that annoying trox got in the way...couldn't outrun it so I killed it; out popped 872 peds of oil and a DNA fragment. Thing that still annoys me to this day is I completely lose composure when I hit a global, that it takes a few seconds to see what I hit and for how much..I missed the gold swirls completely :silly2:

My First - Meeting my mentor Hedores Hedaya by the old Pandora outpost :D used to be filled with longus / trax which killed me 24/7. He saved me from that place and became my mentor and leaded me to my first soc, WDA.

My Best - hm... perhaps when I got the 13479 Cumbriz tower, I really had a lot of people hatting me cause I was only at lvl 9.1 prospector, was fun because i was mining ores, my friend JaponEs was mining enmatters. I was only getting nrf, and on the 11th bomb, BANG!!! He got more excited than me :laugh:. I received tons of PMs of people expressing their hapiness for me (20%) and their hate (70%). When I was getting the tower I was scared of getting inside pvp4 cause it was close of there. when I reached TP I was sweating and my hearth pumping.

My first:

Logging in and not seeing a town (I was dropped west of JC in pregold), calling a RL friend that got me into the game and asking where he and another RL friend were at and was told "Port Atlantis". Well, I didn't know where it was, but they figured out where I was and told me which way to run (they didn't tell me about JC and the TP, so I had to get it again later). On my way, I had my first death - thank you Atrox Mature, but continued on as a ghost (I miss those days, it made TP runs really easy). I got there and they gave me an outbacko and 200 ammo, which I would later use to get a job as a runner (old noob profession - tag a mob for a hunter and run while they shoot it, back then the mobs would chase whoever shot them first until one of them was dead).

My best:

It is a toss up between two, one as a noob and one as a "veteran" in 2003.

Noob-
Finding Hadesheim and running around the ghost town for an hour before coming across a NPC that looked MUCH cooler than the others... turned out not to be an NPC either, but my 'mentor' before the mentor system was in place - Nocturnal Navigator. He and I ran around the town (well, he ran, I lagged into walls with my Pentium 3 and 512 MB of RAM) talking about what potential we saw in this game and speculating what they would do with the massive city we were in (boy did we get it wrong - "massive crater" was never brought up), cars, computers, and all sorts of topics. I had class the next morning, but stuck around to talk with one of the few players I had ever run across. We talked for 2-3 hours and he led me to the shops in Hades, where he bought me full Pioneer, 1000 ammo, a Justifier Mk1, and new black jumper and pants. As we got ready to part ways for the time being, one of his society mates showed up and gave me something he had looted and was going to TT - a set of Adjusted Warrior Shins. I felt like the luckiest noob ever and ended up spending lots of time with him. Still saddens me to know that his account got hacked a couple years ago and he lost everything because of it.

Veteran-
Christmas time 2003 was a great time for me. I had just been accepted into Osiris Corporation, a new small society consisting of Kazzza (Starfinder's first avatar), Terra, Skyrider, and I in the beginning. We would later be joined by members such as Dirk, Cuey, and Lady Draconis - but that is another story. Anyhow, Skyrider was selling lots of stuff for Faustian back then and knew I was looking for a Centurion Coat, which Faustian happened to have for sale. I got that on Christmas Eve and thought I would never part with it. The following morning, I joined Skyrider and Faustian in Port Atlantis to do "noobie christmas", where the three of us had the noobs form a queue to receive gifts from the three Santas (the three of us in Santa masks) - each gift was a Busho and 1000 ammo. Making all those noobs happy inspired Skyrider and I to buy a few enblades and hide them for a Christmas Scavenger Hunt for the noobs, another event that made the noobs very happy. Sure, it cost several thousand ped between the three of us, but it was nice to see all the new players so happy. We did that most of the day and then went to Fort Troy for the Christmas Party where we all shot off fireworks and cannons. Christmas 2003 was AWESOME for me - no uber loot or anything, but between helping the noobs and having the party, it was a blast.

you lot are making me smile from ear to ear with these memories. Some because i can remember something similar with my ava and others just for pure comedy value.

Hopefully these memories will inspire others with some of the charitable stories that most of us got up to in the good old days hahaha.

C

First : A RL friend of mine put me onto EU because he knew I liked to make money, well who doesn't? :)

Anyway he got me to meet him ingame this was while after the TI buy before CND one.

So I loes etcgs in,( I logged in near P.A. it wasn;t visible so you had to run to it for a bit?) gets myself familiar with the controls and how to chat n that, then texts him to tell him I'm in and what my avatar was called. He says he'll meet me in P.A.

So I'm wondering about in P.A. looking for my friend just soaking up the local chat n stuff. Next I gets Oi you Jam, I looks round and see's this female avatar, so I'm all like "Well hellooo! ^^"

Then he says it's me you twit and I'm like mouth opened, But your a girl? WTF? Have you got crossdressing fetish thing going on that you've never told me about? Your not sat in a dress at your p.c. are you!? :D

If only I'd have known then what I know now, armour prices etc.

He Immediately introduced me to some girl avatar with a big nose called merchant something, really nice avatar that ran us both to camp phoenix, told me that she bought 1k of sweat at 3.4 ped or something or 3.4 pec a bottle.

So I started sweating got 1k sold it then realised that I could buy it smaller amounts for less and turned trader so I did about 3hours of sweating and that was me, started selling weapons and armour and tradiing sweat from day 1.

Best Moment

: God it's a toughie there's been so many (I mean really), they still happen even now!

Noob : Me n Thaddeues Blunked taking n00bs from P.A. (we were n00bs ourselves but with opalos!) on TP runs, running them to billys then taking them in the ring and killing them! :D Obviously they respawned at billys then we'd run them onto Camp Phoenix, fun for us and taught them valuble lesson early on, all good fun! :D

Still quite n00by :

Launching JamhotTV ingame. I did a launch first on the Planet at Billton Towers and the amount of people that turned up to show their support was brilliant, even MA avatars where there in disguise it was awesome. When I announced that I was launching it ingame MA immediately contacted me thinking i was using some exploit on their (pc) system! But I used the system as everyone else does by uploading so they where cool then. I did a launch the night after for everyone on CND and even NEVERDIE showed up I was gobsmacked really pleased!

I was at the pocket crafting machine party too! What made me laugh, MA avatars where there and even they where laughing about it. :)

Going to the Nobel Lauriets Party on CND

Going to ND's VR/RL wedding and chatting with Sheba.

The numerous Ubers I killed when I was a n00b! :yay: I'm still a n00b but I mean I was really n00by when I killed them guys! :)

Jamhot

Last edited:
I was at the pocket crafting machine party too! What made me laugh, MA avatars where there and even they where laughing about it. :)

Jamhot

Lol everyone remembers that party.

Going to ND's VR/RL wedding and chatting with Sheba.

Jamhot

I remember that one too ;) Was a good night and hearing the vicar reading aloud over the internet was a surprise even for him but it sounded like he enjoyed it haha.

Cheers jam

C

Back