Where do I go from here?

Are you bent on sticking to Calypso? Else I'd suggest to seek out missions anywhere with a skill bonus relevant to you. Especially useful are the repeatable stage 6's on Arkadia. Pick the skill you want to work on and collect the bonus over and over again, e.g. ranged dmg with Riptor. I am currently doing that for my evader. More here:

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/max-maturity-hunting-excel-sheet.11689/

Edit: Did you grind out Armax and Neconu yet? Both missions give inflict damage.

Thanks for the input. I think you have brought up a good point that I need to review the mission rewards again for all of the planets and plan accordingly. Since I am still kind of catching up on missions, I still have many on Calypso left to do. So far, I have been focusing on Evade and Handgun rewards.

More is always better :) I'm sure you'll be fine but why have melee combat sat at zero when u can get some easy hp? As for evade, you'll probably want to unlock quickness at 55 as a minimum.

This is the question of deep vs wide for me.

Having been all over the place when I first started out before I chipped out, I had a lot of skill width, but not much depth.

With the introduction of SIB when I came back, I decided that I needed to focus and go deep to get to 100 first to give me the most options, and then work on width. I knew I needed evade to reduce my costs, and I know hp is great to have for a lot of reasons and I can get that with melee, I still think that it distracts from the original goal, where if I switched from laser hand gun to laser rifle I still have some crossover of skills, but as Fifth said, it felt like a trap.

Why? Although a decent pistol, it seems like mostly a sidegrade, not an upgrade?

RS+HF25: 69.1 dps / 2.876 dpp / 37.4m Range / 67 Attacks
L1100E+HF30: 70.7 dps / 2.914 dpp / 30.8 Range / 56 Attacks

+
1.6 dps
.038 dpp

I love my RS fast attacks and range, I know dpp adds up over time, but the 1.6 dps doesn't seem like that much of a difference.

If u calculate the health points u have to shoot to reach objective after some time u can see a difference.
Less attacks less enhancers spend more damage output bigger crits, so overall Igni will make a big difference.

Regards

eSoul

If your goal is a specific profession level (which yours is) then you must stay on that path. Doing melee/etc. as others have suggested simply to "bring dmg up with hit" is not good for this particular goal.

I see you mentioned you have a laser tagger, which is good. Don't get fooled into going BLP or Plasma for a tagger. Having both/all weapons in the same type (laser, in this case) is your best move. So if you wanna get a bigger tagger, then make sure it's laser.

Just keep tagging, shooting while they run to you, and switch to gun when in range. Don't make the mistake of 1-shotting to tag. If they're running to you, might as well damage them.

If you continue doing that, I say don't worry about dmg lagging behind. No one gets both hit and dmg to pop at the same time.

Tests have been done and funny enough, small mobs do give more skill/ped spent (seems mostly due to the "kill bonus") however, you can't spend as much ped/hour, so your skilling speed actually slows.

So since time is your factor, bigger is better.

Skill pills, and any other skill enhancements you can afford obviously help.

I really doubt anything I wrote here is anything you don't already know, but sometimes, refreshing the basics helps.

Reactions: Mac
If u calculate the health points u have to shoot to reach objective after some time u can see a difference.
Less attacks less enhancers spend more damage output bigger crits, so overall Igni will make a big difference.

Regards

eSoul

Thanks for the answer. I still love my RS's attack speed for switching out to my fap when I am pushing my luck on big mobs for fun but I think I get your points.

My idea of moving up to a higher dps pistol was to try and eliminate the need for enhancers as I grind bigger mobs, assuming enhancers are a net overall hunting cost that I should avoid, which some hunting logs have indicated.

If the argument is that enhancers are a cost of getting more skills because of the higher damage done over time on bigger mobs, then that would be interesting to take a look at, I hadn't thought of it that way. But it's not uncommon for me to be thinking backasswards about things, which is one of the reasons for starting the thread! :laugh:

I guess the best of both worlds would be to go for a higher dps pistol with slower speed and take advantage of those benefits.

If your goal is a specific profession level (which yours is) then you must stay on that path. Doing melee/etc. as others have suggested simply to "bring dmg up with hit" is not good for this particular goal.

I see you mentioned you have a laser tagger, which is good. Don't get fooled into going BLP or Plasma for a tagger. Having both/all weapons in the same type (laser, in this case) is your best move. So if you wanna get a bigger tagger, then make sure it's laser.

Just keep tagging, shooting while they run to you, and switch to gun when in range. Don't make the mistake of 1-shotting to tag. If they're running to you, might as well damage them.

If you continue doing that, I say don't worry about dmg lagging behind. No one gets both hit and dmg to pop at the same time.

Tests have been done and funny enough, small mobs do give more skill/ped spent (seems mostly due to the "kill bonus") however, you can't spend as much ped/hour, so your skilling speed actually slows.

So since time is your factor, bigger is better.

Skill pills, and any other skill enhancements you can afford obviously help.

I really doubt anything I wrote here is anything you don't already know, but sometimes, refreshing the basics helps.

Thanks, I think I have been keeping those points in mind but better to list them than not, others might benefit.

Back