Question: Where do noobs like me go to sell?

Timp44

Guardian
Looking for some of the better places ( and maybe times ) to sell sweat on calypso

Looking for some of the better places ( and maybe times ) to sell sweat on calypso

Hard question nowadays - I would say "Twin Peaks".
But take care to whom you sell your stuff. You should get a mentor who helps you getting through your first trades so you get an idea how the system works.

Hard question nowadays - I would say "Twin Peaks".
But take care to whom you sell your stuff. You should get a mentor who helps you getting through your first trades so you get an idea how the system works.

I've been playing for a little while now, just took until now to create my forum account, seems I don't have much luck at Twins... or Neas for that matter.

Really more than anything want to sweat my way towards a CLD like Mungo did although i know it will take a good deal of time.

I've been playing for a little while now, just took until now to create my forum account, seems I don't have much luck at Twins... or Neas for that matter.

Really more than anything want to sweat my way towards a CLD like Mungo did although i know it will take a good deal of time.

If no luck then maybe price too high?

only asking the fair price of 2ped/k lol

At Mind Essence price 120% and Force nexus 102%, it is not fair price.

Why is that?
Manufacturing Mind Essence doesnt pay off if he buys sweat at 2ped/k. 1.8ped/k is the price i see it being sold and bought daily.

At Mind Essence price 120% and Force nexus 102%, it is not fair price.

Why is that?
Manufacturing Mind Essence doesnt pay off if he buys sweat at 2ped/k. 1.8ped/k is the price i see it being sold and bought daily.

Selling at 1.8ped/k is strictly from what i've seen a reseller price, I find that price to be laughable, would ALMOST rather make lesser elysia or ME myself at those prices. Granted its not far from 2ped it still feels like a slap in the face when I know it can be sold at that.

Selling at 1.8ped/k is strictly from what i've seen a reseller price, I find that price to be laughable, would ALMOST rather make lesser elysia or ME myself at those prices. Granted its not far from 2ped it still feels like a slap in the face when I know it can be sold at that.

I said why the price can´t be 2.0/k or higher. Yes some people help noobs and pay high prices, but for Mind Essence producer that is not possible.
I find this odd, that you find price "laughable" just because the buyer isnt willing to give out freebies(which paying more would be). Do you really believe that some other person should deposit and buy your sweat for overvalued price just to help you out? Isnt it same as begging?

It is just my opinion based on prices ingame. I see people like you very often trying to sell stuff in twin peaks for higher price than auction does. Good luck ingame!(maybe sell your sweat for little less and become a pilot, you will probably earn more that way)

I said why the price can´t be 2.0/k or higher. Yes some people help noobs and pay high prices, but for Mind Essence producer that is not possible.
I find this odd, that you find price "laughable" just because the buyer isnt willing to give out freebies(which paying more would be). Do you really believe that some other person should deposit and buy your sweat for overvalued price just to help you out? Isnt it same as begging?

It is just my opinion based on prices ingame. I see people like you very often trying to sell stuff in twin peaks for higher price than auction does. Good luck ingame!(maybe sell your sweat for little less and become a pilot, you will probably earn more that way)

Lol dude I am not here to argue with anyone, 2ped/k is by far not overpriced. Could I sell fast at 1.8/k? Sure. Yet there are MANY people that do sell at 2ped/k everyday. For example Farmer Smurf sold 700k sweat at 2ped/k! I know it's not impossible or demanding too much, I mean hell even the sweat shop that Sam runs pays 1.95/k weekly or B.I.G. offers to pay 2.5/k DAILY at OLA 42. I am not asking to move the sky the sun the stars here, I just think you are taking this thread to a place where it wasn't really suppose to go is all.

Lol dude I am not here to argue with anyone, 2ped/k is by far not overpriced. Could I sell fast at 1.8/k? Sure. Yet there are MANY people that do sell at 2ped/k everyday. For example Farmer Smurf sold 700k sweat at 2ped/k! I know it's not impossible or demanding too much, I mean hell even the sweat shop that Sam runs pays 1.95/k weekly or B.I.G. offers to pay 2.5/k DAILY at OLA 42. I am not asking to move the sky the sun the stars here, I just think you are taking this thread to a place where it wasn't really suppose to go is all.

You were asking why no one is buying. I replied because 2ped/k is overpriced. And gave you data, which you are not looking at for some reason, or you would understand.

To create 120ped worth of mindessence(100ped tt) You will need 10k force nexus(100ped tt - 102ped(market value MINIMUM)
And you will need 10k sweat(18ped worth(normal price).
So creating 120ped worth of mind essence costs normal player 102+18=120ped + DECAY on refiner(few pec)

Now maybe you will see, that even paying 1.8/k isnt enought to make the money you spent back.
Add auction fees and such and you will see that price should be 1.7/k.
Nowhere near 2.5k (he is doing charity)

In trading you very often have to decide between aiming for a higher price and putting in (much) more time to close the deal or accepting a lower price and being able to sell more units (e. g. sweat), close more deals or getting cash quickly.

The call is yours, but the range of market prices is set by what other players think the sweat is worth. Someone who plays mainly as a trader will offer a different price than a player who wants to buy 2k-3k quickly or maybe what a veteran pays to help a new player to get some equipment.

Last edited:
In trading you very often have to decide between aiming for a higher price and putting in (much) more time to close the deal or accepting a lower price and being able to sell more units (e. g. sweat), close more deals or getting cash quickly.

The call is yours, but the range market prices is set by what other players think the sweat is worth. Someone who plays mainly as a trader will offer a different price than a player who wants to buy 2k-3k quickly or maybe what a veteran pays to help a new player to get some equipment.

Best answer ever! :)
+rep, nuff said :p

Ok since the point of this post has been completely missed ( it was never meant to argue the price of sweat but ONLY where to sell ) I will ask again to get back to topic, where is a good LOCATION to sell? Yes Neas... Twins... anywhere else I should know about?

Ok since the point of this post has been completely missed ( it was never meant to argue the price of sweat but ONLY where to sell ) I will ask again to get back to topic, where is a good LOCATION to sell? Yes Neas... Twins... anywhere else I should know about?
Deposit. Buy Nexus and sell on auction with ME you crafted yourself. After you find yourself loosing from that, use the deposit on other activities.

Otherwise, the answer is THERE IS NO GOOD LOCATION to sell because there's not much demand. Vehicles killed the demand for sweat for the most part.

What you could do potentially, is find a crafter that uses the few blueprints that do use sweat as ingredient and deal only with them, but if your prices are too high, that won't be a good place for you to sell since the crafter will just go buy from someone else or sweat the stuff up himself.

Basically, you are trying to sell something that's absolutely FREE for everyone to obtain. It's kind of like trying to sell ice to the Eskimos. Some can do it, but most can't with profit. Since sweat is free, anyone who is willing to pay for it is basically just paying you for time they don't want to waste collecting it themselves... while time is money, it's not much money, especially for folks playing a video game. That's why price has dropped so far. A few years ago, it was a steady 5 ped per k of sweat. Those days are long gone... so I guess the 'BEST' place to sell is 2007?... now if you can just make those time crystals work irl.

Best thing to do would probably be to sweat and hold and not sell til price/demand is up. Eventually Mindark or some Planet Partner may create a market for it that will cause demand to go up. Also - not sure on this, but in theory, there is only a 'limited' amount of any resource in game... If enough folks are stockpiling sweat, it might be possible that fewer amounts will drop... but honestly, that's hogwash I think when it comes to sweat since it's free and every mob has same number of sweat in it as health.

Last edited:

No those are the places. You could off course try to sell through this forum, but i think you should try a more positive and friendly approach then.

Buy Nexus and sell on auction.

Would be smart idea if he would be satisfied with 1.8ped/k he wants 2ped/k which means he needs nexus at tt price and sell nexus higher priced than cheapest on auction.

I don't think the point has been missed. - You obviously know the locations: Twin Peaks, Nea's and you might have a look at Camp Icarus every now and then, but you expressed your disappointment with the opportunities those places have to offer.

So the discussion shifted to possible reasons why your expectations are not met in those places.

also port atlantis or cape corinth might work

maybe ask friendly if someone need sweat or is willing to help a newbie by buying his sweat.
you might get lucky and find someone who even give a little more just to help out a bit
I do that from time to time although I allready have over 65k of sweat in storage :ahh:

Selling Sweat

You say BIG pays 2.5K Daily at OLA 42. I have that tp. Where do I have to go at OLA 42 to sell my sweat? What sweat shop does Sam run and where is it located?

Back