Where has all the trading gone?

Brock

Mature
Brock Obama Viekingfjord
Hello all!
With this major visual upgrade to the EU world came some dramatic geographic changes. After cluelessly asking people how to get to sweat camp among other areas, I feel like I've gotten used to the change.

However, one thing I cannot seem to find is where all the street trading went! PA used to host a great deal of trading, with Twin Peaks hosting some more professional traders. Now, there seems to be half as much trading going on at Twin Peaks and PA is all but abandoned.

Is there a new trade hub? Where are the busy streets?

:confused:help!

All the traders got sick of getting flamed and left.

well probably all the people that were used to trade in twin and pa haven t the necessary hardware to play the game.
ofc this is a very stupid sentence, but someone will tell u this for sure.

IMO entropia lost a LOT of players in this V10. Who know maybe starfinder can make some nice graf about analyzing the global chat.

I suppose Nea's Place is the noob market (like before) and Twin is the big trading hub.

They have shrunk in size compared to before. And hopefully MA will do some advertising some day so that people start playing.

MA's lack of advertising is the biggest problem. And the huge gap between noobs and ubers. MA need to learn how to fish instead of buying fishes.

The high system req of Cryengine doesn't help either.

Id be more inclined to think that the crappy MU on EVERYTHING would be the issue.

Most are trying to gear up for new planets and wont invest in something with minimal to no return till then.

I know this is naive but why don't people just agree on a location for a trade hub? If you're at any TP you can get to PA for example with minimal effort. Although, still there are very few people at any of the prime locations during certain times.

Lack of Traders is lack of money in the system. lack of money in the system is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that
is
No more EU

something needs to be done to fix this. What can we do?

There was a mass decrease in volume recently for most items. People are not spending much money now, and this is affecting the EU trading landscape. With a decrease in liquidity in the market one "smart" trade can end you up with 500 peds of crap once the few buyers leave the market. Repeating what Trinia said with people not spending money there is less chances to trade. So I am not surprised that some of the smaller traders have left the market.

Lack of Traders is lack of money in the system. lack of money in the system is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that is lack of mark ups. Lack of mark ups is more losses to players. more losses to player. More unhappy players. More unhappy players, less players in the game. Less players in the game is lack of money in the system,and that
is
No more EU

something needs to be done to fix this. What can we do?

#1 WE didn't build it.
#2 WE didn't break it.

I go into a movie theater, I pay for & expect entertainment. I certainly don't expect to be told that because I walked in there to see their movie it's now my responsiblity to fix their broken projector.

Last edited:
I dont know about that statement of build it break it.

The In game economy is pretty much player run, however MA does control the Drop rates of items.

One thing i see is a healthy Mining materials market, and that in turn makes crafted weapon markets still have high yet good mark-ups. However the Hunter market. As far as hunter loots go, there is not a healthy market there Low mark ups,

So i seriously blame not MA for losses but other players. If mark ups are good for prices the longer you can play on the same buck. And with weapon costs high (L) btw, and hunter loots low. this is where alot of losses are coming from.

Dont just blame MA for all the problems, now however there may be some issues that MA has with loots. but in a way that should make hunter loots go up in price but they have not, so it is a horrible cycle to enter into.

There is a right answeror many right answers, but many varibles to the problem. you can end up with a better answer if you put in all the varibles. when dealing with economys everything is linked. if they are not linked then it is a poor economy.
EU has a very good economy structure. but if the players cannot link the differnt markets to find how they affect one another then this is where problems can arise.

Take the furnature market. for example. this is for homes right? Well if some one owns 5 homes and does not use 4 of them, that is one home that someone else is not useing, thats 1 person not givin the option to buy furnature. thus the furnature market tanks.

Clothing market? Extreamly high mark ups. sure it takes alot of money to get a good talored clothing. but if it cost too much some people will not buy it. so the tailor would need to resell the item even higher to make up for the loss. the longer the item sits at high mark up the less money is put back to buying more materials to craft new clothing, thus affecting a hunter loot.

The moral of the story is it can be fixed. If i had the RL money to do it i would go on a buying spree and stimulate the economy. but i dont.
but it can be fixed. alot of probems can be.

As far as your movie theater statment. This is entertainment yes, but it is also a real cash economy. MA provides us with the tools, we have to find the oppertunity, you can make money in this game, but in the current market it is getting harder to do so. So fixing the economy should prove to be a lot of fun for me and hopefully a few others. and if for some reason i make money fixing the economy and have fun doing it, kudos to me. :D

I think this is funny people bitch about how the old players compained about where the game is heading and the quote was "IF you don't like it leave"
guess what they took there money and left now your bitching cuss there not enuff poeple depositing. The lession from Star War Galxies do not run off you old costomer base hoping to get new costomers it a epic fail

I am just glad i didnt run em off.

The market at the moment might be a bit down, but still it is proportional to the general competition. A hunters life is the most extreme, because you are competing against 5000 others right now and markups of the most common drops thus is just 1-2% above TT.
Miners have only 2000 others as competition and crafters around 1500.
With less competition comes slightly less availability and higher prices.

And since the street traders pay less than auction, they are only really an option if you have small amounts and are desperate to get a few PEDs . Without desparation you can sell off small batches at higher MU.

I don't think that the "problem" is not linking the markets but rather for most players not even caring how they are linked.
The example with the furniture market is not a good one, there are enough appartements for sale, most do not need one.
Same for clothes, most do not care how their ava looks and those that do, do not care about the price that much.
EU markets are the same as RL markets, those that know and care make the best profits and the rest just lives on.

All are busy to get some SGA items ;)

I think this is funny people bitch about how the old players compained about where the game is heading and the quote was "IF you don't like it leave"
guess what they took there money and left now your bitching cuss there not enuff poeple depositing. The lession from Star War Galxies do not run off you old costomer base hoping to get new costomers it a epic fail

Totally agree. And again the bottom line is that the bad decisions that caused the profound losses we see today didn't come from the players. Those ultimately responsible are the ones that administer this game and the Platform, not us. You run a sh!t theater, or restaurant, or whatever, either fix it or your customers will go elsewhere, and thus begins the Downward Spiral. Simple as that.

The market at the moment might be a bit down, but still it is proportional to the general competition. A hunters life is the most extreme, because you are competing against 5000 others right now and markups of the most common drops thus is just 1-2% above TT.
Miners have only 2000 others as competition and crafters around 1500.
With less competition comes slightly less availability and higher prices.

And since the street traders pay less than auction, they are only really an option if you have small amounts and are desperate to get a few PEDs . Without desparation you can sell off small batches at higher MU.

I don't think that the "problem" is not linking the markets but rather for most players not even caring how they are linked.
The example with the furniture market is not a good one, there are enough appartements for sale, most do not need one.
Same for clothes, most do not care how their ava looks and those that do, do not care about the price that much.
EU markets are the same as RL markets, those that know and care make the best profits and the rest just lives on.

Ya i feel ya on those points. and your right. for the most part. But i do beleive there is a need for more investment into the hunter loot side of things, "just my openion" it could better balence the high mark ups of the (L) weapon trade. becouse if i am not mistaken (L) weapons take mining materials and some hunter loot like target mats.

It kinda seems like alot of crafter profit and miner profit comes from the hunter's low mark ups. in a sence crafters and miners are draining hunters for their deposits. and this could be becouse the issues with mining and crafting profitability.
so it kinda makes something that is working as intended a bad deal. "yeah i said" hunting is fine. it is a problem with mining and crafting.
and becouse the problems with mining and crafting there is more money diverted to it to help fix the problems.

So in a way if these problems "if they exist" in mining and crafting a better supply but at the cost of lower mark-up. the mark ups change would ripple through the market, and hunter loots mark ups could go up.

Just an idea.

Ya i feel ya on those points. and your right. for the most part. But i do beleive there is a need for more investment into the hunter loot side of things, "just my openion" it could better balence the high mark ups of the (L) weapon trade. becouse if i am not mistaken (L) weapons take mining materials and some hunter loot like target mats.

<snip>

Hunters have a tendency to be a bit more impatient and rather sell cheap to get PEDs faster. The looted medium level (L) guns are quite cheap if you compare them to their crafted counterparts at same level and as a hunter you pay mostly for decay. If a miner buys a finder for 200% MU, the tool will last him several weeks. Guns last a few hours or maybe a week if you do not hunt much. If one compares the "costs" the usage of a gun has for MA compared to a finder, that decay might actually be rather justified.

Problem is not really the market, but rather the attitude of the participants.
If the hunters would not sell at low MUs, the prices for looted materials could surely go up. But again most of that stuff is again used for guns and armour, means the hunters "greedyness" would make him shoot in his own foot :D
So either one tries to hunt as eco as possible to make the most out of it or he invests in unlimited guns taking him out of the "buy gun, sell loot, buy new gun" cycle.
I would not see any point where MA could intervene without heavily damaging the market, higher droprate would only mean that more people TT more because of low MU.

I dont know about that statement of build it break it.

The In game economy is pretty much player run, however MA does control the Drop rates of items.
One thing i see is a healthy Mining materials market, and that in turn makes crafted weapon markets still have high yet good mark-ups. However the Hunter market. As far as hunter loots go, there is not a healthy market there Low mark ups,

So i seriously blame not MA for losses but other players. If mark ups are good for prices the longer you can play on the same buck. And with weapon costs high (L) btw, and hunter loots low. this is where alot of losses are coming from.

Dont just blame MA for all the problems, now however there may be some issues that MA has with loots. but in a way that should make hunter loots go up in price but they have not, so it is a horrible cycle to enter into.

There is a right answeror many right answers, but many varibles to the problem. you can end up with a better answer if you put in all the varibles. when dealing with economys everything is linked. if they are not linked then it is a poor economy.
EU has a very good economy structure. but if the players cannot link the differnt markets to find how they affect one another then this is where problems can arise.

Take the furnature market. for example. this is for homes right? Well if some one owns 5 homes and does not use 4 of them, that is one home that someone else is not useing, thats 1 person not givin the option to buy furnature. thus the furnature market tanks.

Clothing market? Extreamly high mark ups. sure it takes alot of money to get a good talored clothing. but if it cost too much some people will not buy it. so the tailor would need to resell the item even higher to make up for the loss. the longer the item sits at high mark up the less money is put back to buying more materials to craft new clothing, thus affecting a hunter loot.

The moral of the story is it can be fixed. If i had the RL money to do it i would go on a buying spree and stimulate the economy. but i dont.
but it can be fixed. alot of probems can be.

As far as your movie theater statment. This is entertainment yes, but it is also a real cash economy. MA provides us with the tools, we have to find the oppertunity, you can make money in this game, but in the current market it is getting harder to do so. So fixing the economy should prove to be a lot of fun for me and hopefully a few others. and if for some reason i make money fixing the economy and have fun doing it, kudos to me. :D

MA controls the economy. the players dont comtrol anything.

No no no... remember, EU isn't falling apart, we're just whining and making sky is falling threads.
Everything is fine, remember? Just need some people to upgrade their calculators, remember?
:laugh:

You guys keep switchin' up like the lights off.
smh..

Hunters have a tendency to be a bit more impatient and rather sell cheap to get PEDs faster. The looted medium level (L) guns are quite cheap if you compare them to their crafted counterparts at same level and as a hunter you pay mostly for decay. If a miner buys a finder for 200% MU, the tool will last him several weeks. Guns last a few hours or maybe a week if you do not hunt much. If one compares the "costs" the usage of a gun has for MA compared to a finder, that decay might actually be rather justified.

Problem is not really the market, but rather the attitude of the participants.
If the hunters would not sell at low MUs, the prices for looted materials could surely go up. But again most of that stuff is again used for guns and armour, means the hunters "greedyness" would make him shoot in his own foot :D
So either one tries to hunt as eco as possible to make the most out of it or he invests in unlimited guns taking him out of the "buy gun, sell loot, buy new gun" cycle.
I would not see any point where MA could intervene without heavily damaging the market, higher droprate would only mean that more people TT more because of low MU.

You could very well have a damn good point. but i also see a few problems with balence to be honest from your post. but what you say about hunters could very well be true. however I was doing some further thinking on this subject in general, and i think i totally came to a conclusion.

but i really losing brain matter right now so imma post my theory later perhaps in a new sky falling post. lol

MA controls the economy. the players dont comtrol anything.

and you..... dont post if you dont have a brain. sorry for rudeness. if anyone takes offence to me calling this guy a brainless individual, by all means do what u must.

Ah the falling sky...

So the sky fell on all the street traders? No wonder I can't find anyone to hustle, they're all under those piles of cloud pixels.

Awe the sky isnt falling that bad. but i do see some areas where it could be starting to tank.

You could very well have a damn good point. but i also see a few problems with balence to be honest from your post. but what you say about hunters could very well be true. however I was doing some further thinking on this subject in general, and i think i totally came to a conclusion.

but i really losing brain matter right now so imma post my theory later perhaps in a new sky falling post. lol

I do not see any balance issues besides the ones, that almost everyone wants to break even or profit and most hunters do not have the patience to sell for a better price and rather either fill orders or TT the low MU staff.
Those that don't have no problems to break even, but they also have a quite bit less excitement :D

I do not see any balance issues besides the ones, that almost everyone wants to break even or profit and most hunters do not have the patience to sell for a better price and rather either fill orders or TT the low MU staff.
Those that don't have no problems to break even, but they also have a quite bit less excitement :D

There is in a complex way. but my theory does have hunters to blame in it. but what you are mentioning does factor alot into the equation. but i also have more data to feed into the theory machine.

and beleive me i know how impatent hunters can be, but i also know that with some time put into selling your hunter loot you can come closer to breaking even. hell i have been playing off the same quarter so to speak for a while now. and i honestly beleive alot of hunter are not doing things right.

But also Remember This
Thread is
About

"Where did all the traders go?"

There is in a complex way. but my theory does have hunters to blame in it. but what you are mentioning does factor alot into the equation. but i also have more data to feed into the theory machine.

and beleive me i know how impatent hunters can be, but i also know that with some time put into selling your hunter loot you can come closer to breaking even. hell i have been playing off the same quarter so to speak for a while now. and i honestly beleive alot of hunter are not doing things right.

But also Remember This
Thread is
About

"Where did all the traders go?"

Well obviously they can not compete with TT and auction and got bored standing around :D

I was actually surprised to see 5 traders spamming /tr in Twin about 4 hours ago :D

*edit*
Bappa and Sarah are still around (sporadically) so atleast my street trader needs are met!
:wtg:

I use to be a street trader, I would advertise my beauty services and buy supplies for it such as gel, spray, hair colour, but MA has put me out of business for 3 months so far. I nead a place of business and i finaly got my apartement back after 2 months but when i put the chairs in they did not work, that was a month ago. thats my reason.

I still cant do makeup because it does not work and forget about apartement interiors with furniture all the colours and textures are still screwed up.

There are not many traiders because v-10 is still not completely implimated. It's been 3 months so far, be patient, mabe in another 3 to 6 months things will be back up and runing the way they use to be and the traiders will be back.

Back