Question: Where have all the traders gone?

snake_eyes

Prowler
Society
NBK Entrepreneurs
antony one2watch jones
As the title says i'm wondering what's happened to all the cnd traders? Is it just they(other players) are unable to login or has the storage had that much of an effect?

I have resources I need to turn into peds but no one up here buying them! More often than not the lower end resources i'm selling to tt to fund more mining.

I'll say storage might be the cause of this problem...
everyone can now store their ores at storage.. and when they decide to go down, they just pack up and go down...

I guess that this CND ore buying/reselling buisness is now dead..

I'll say storage might be the cause of this problem...
everyone can now store their ores at storage.. and when they decide to go down, they just pack up and go down...

I guess that this CND ore buying/reselling buisness is now dead..

Possibly so. However, i'm one of the people that works on a small turnover (500ped or less) on CND so it isn't economical to fly down and sell the resources and fly back up again paying a 50ped round trp fee.

Some pilots used to trade as well. No piloting atm, no pilots trading.

Adding a second TP to the other control room with the auctioneer was not a good idea for people looking for a trader either as you end up constantly tp'ing back and forth.

now should be a litle worse then before for CND..is just a land..with tax..and you have to pay transport for it:p.simple as that

Maybe they cant play since their computer is to slow to run CE2 ?

i do know of a few traders, the only problem they have is they are needing to upgrade there computers.
and a few find they are waiting for all the bugs to be worked out.
there are many reasons.. these are a few

Iona was Trading Yesterday, I have also bought some Ores myself to help, so there is still demand for the Traders, I expect a couple will soon establish themselves. The Best room for it is Control room 1.

Iona was Trading Yesterday, I have also bought some Ores myself to help, so there is still demand for the Traders, I expect a couple will soon establish themselves. The Best room for it is Control room 1.

I maanged to catch Iona last night and fera is also buying atm. It's just not quite as easy as it was to sell the resources. However, once everyone gets their computers sorted i'm sure there'll be a lot more action again. Either way i'm enjoying the mining right now it's never been better up here for me!

Traders are people that can't afford to play EU (Hunting/crafting).
And if you can't afford to play EU, you can't afford a computer that runs cryengine.

Mystery solved. :yay:

i guess trading on CND is over.
I guess trading between planet will be the new trading feature.

there are still a loooott of people who arn't playing yet, i expect it to stay this way until 10.2 comes along.

there is more mining going on Post VU 10 than before, so even more demand for the traders, since the Auction Fee still exists for selling to the planet and because the teleporter still requires a FEE..

Miners who want to turn their ores over fast, still need traders, The Storage is helpful only if you have a big enough bank roll to diminsh the impact of the 50 ped round trip to cazlypso an d back every time you want to sell..

Yeah where are they? :( I've put up some minerals quite a bit under markup on CND and there is noone buying them? :O I thought that since they are below the market price even miners would buy them on the way down to Eudoria and sell them there for a bit of "easy money". But it seems like im wrong :( Get up there and buy! :)

there is more mining going on Post VU 10 than before, so even more demand for the traders, since the Auction Fee still exists for selling to the planet and because the teleporter still requires a FEE..

Miners who want to turn their ores over fast, still need traders, The Storage is helpful only if you have a big enough bank roll to diminsh the impact of the 50 ped round trip to cazlypso an d back every time you want to sell..

I'd agree with this. I'd start trading myself if I had a big enough bank roll for it. As it is i'm stuck waiting for traders to turn up when I have resources to sell.

they went to hell cause they rip me off :duh:

Yep ND is spot on, I have only seen Ioana and one other trader (Rechinul maybe?) up there really. Assuming they trade at say -5% market then you need to have more than 1K ped tt value to make it worth the round trip back down to sell your stuff instead of trading. And that assumes you can sell it all straight away for the market price, auction orders are often lower so you could have to wait to get that price.

I had to make the round trip once over the weekend as there were just no traders about and I had converted all my bankroll into ores. So there is a market for more traders up there - as long as they are as fair as Ioana :)

Last edited:
uh...

There is actually more room for traders now, especially that hangers are offline... lol.

I see quite a few traders at Twin on occassion now. They hang out at the balcony instead of the boxes these days I think. Since a Pilot is not needed now, anyone that wants to trade can do so if they choose to do so. High bankrolls always were needed for trading at CND... only now it's not quite as high of a bankroll that is needed since the tp is there for anyone to use.

However, as always, ore/enmatter trading can be very risky business since markup values change overnight. That's one reason I gave up being a trader up there after I was up there about a month in early 2009. The night I ended up with a stack of gold I purchased at 120% that was a good price at the time, and it dropped overnight, I gave up ore/enmatter trading. It's a high risk investment just like trading on the stock market. It's smarter to trade in safer investments, even if they have lower gains sometimes....

STTS filled the role of a safe investment a while back. Now that Josh is not doing that any more Tinkis will start doing it in the near future.

I have heard a rumor that the Miner's Mafia shop in Omegaton might be opening at some point in time in the not-to-distant future, but that is reliant on when apartments open again. I do hope that that does happen so that there will be more demand and a one stop shop for ore/enmatter. If/when that happens, I'll likely switch my booth, located in the same building (Omegaton West Habitat, Delta Tower) towards working with blueprints... setting it up like a consignment shop for crafters to TT me stuff that I will sell and share profits back with them... sort of like an STTS for crafters and/or consignment setup like Nihilist tries to do in his mall shop in PA.

I think as the player base increases, more traders in CND will come along. Unfortunately, right now, a bunch of them are still trying to upgrade their computers and/or work out their own inner turmoil in dealing with their pent up anger over MA taking away their profit, which was tied somewhat indirectly to the pilot supply line.

Also, we need to consider that some folks that used to be traders might be holding peds for now to make investments in the new planets if/when they come online...

i've talked to some traders. they say there are no crafters...

so i guess it just comes down to the number of players who can't log in.

and not just cuz their comp sucks.. some people have constant cdt problems.

anywayz.. crafters aren't buying ore from traders, so traders are having

trouble cycling ped to buy ore is what seems to be a big factor.

i just met ioana today and she payed pretty well for a reseller like always :laugh:

i guess u need only to find the right and for sure are still some up there :silly2:

in any case also Entropiabay.com is here to help. Like ND said still you pay auction fees and still teleport cost 25 ped. I would like add that also stand hours for customers or seller has a price (less rl time)

Back