Where/How did you hear about entropia?

Samuel Robet

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Samuel Sam Robet
Just wondering.. where you heard about entropia. Perhaps if mindark reads this thread they can see where PR has had the most impact, and put money into those mediums. Maybe we can help them waste less resources.

I heard about entropia on 11/17/2010. I was reading forbes and ran across this article http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverc...you-need-to-know-in-2011-jon-neverdie-jacobs/.

I created my account that very day.

So i heard about entropia by reading my subscription to forbes, Jon Neverdie Jacobs was one the "names you need to know in 2011"

I joined planet rocktropia because of this article.

Thanks for the input,

Sam

I was procrastinating with study, looking for a better 3D virtual world than Second Life. I just happened to come across it with google searches. Never heard of it. I had looked at WoW with all their advertising etc, even tried EVE.

There is no point doing this thread, MA won't pay any attention to it. Make a new thread called "I am unable to deposit" and you will get their attention.

I googled "Free MMO" one day when I was bored.

Of course, having at least average intelligence, I did my research and realised it wasn't actually "free" before I logged in. Something about it caught my attention anyway though.

Signed up for a bunch of other free-to-play MMO's that same day. I think you can guess how many of those I still play :silly2:.

To be more specific actually, the google search led me to a list on wikipedia, which then led me to the EU page on wiki.

My stepdad was in the open Beta testing. So I watched him a lot, and then he finally let me create an account, and I've been trying to play consistently ever since!

Back in late 2010, i was searching for a free based game, found this one which i started playing casually... Not until the beginning of 2011 i started to actually play alot... Did a mining log, did a drone log. Still here now. Hunting healing, mining here and there...

But i found it on an mmo site i guess, not quite sure. Searched "free mmorpg" in google i beleive tho.

But what really sucked, i did the same thing back in 2002 i think too... Joined the game, tried to use my "weapon" but it did no dmg for some reason(sweat gun), and there was no one around to help me so i quit... Wish i stayed... But i was only 13 at that point anyways... Just wish i knew better...

And of course, 2002 compaired to 2010.... Completely different look and style which i didnt notice until mid 2011 when i put 1 and 1 together.

I read about the game in a computermagazine (forgot which one) back in fall ´06...there was a coverage of MMO's with RCE featuring different professions in each of these games that you could do...some random celebrity name drops being particular succesful in each of these games, like Neverdie and so on and so forth...even featured an interview with a successful swede in EU, Skalman...

...funny thing though, he was one of the first chars I saw logging in for the first time (this was in New Oxford btw)...saw him long enough to capture the name before he tp´d away! I was like...what kind of witchcraft was that?! :laugh: well ran along...seeing like nobody for a few minutes...until I ran into Gravedigger another Warrant, he was mining, I was curious...he being very friendly answering all my newbie questions, unfortunatly I asked one question to soon...i.e. "what happends when you die?!" being fast Jessie James, realizing, awesomesauce jackpot!?!, I can get rid of this nibblet!, he pulled out a gun ...saying something like..."well you're about to find out!" :D

...and from there on I was more or less hooked! :thumbup:

BBC news, someone both same thing for big money in a video game :laugh:

Read about Neverdie, that sold an virtual asteroid for 700.000$ ;) April 2011..

I actively researched the MMORPG market, so most probably it was a Google search result.

I heard it from a friend, who had heard about it from a friend... Was back in 2005, a couple of months before the CND sale

in 2009, I was selling wow gold, online and making decent money. but got banned from wow when they cracked down on ebay golds sales. wow was not worth re-purchasing as the gold value had droped considerably over the years.

I thought to myself, its a shame there is not a game that would let me buy and sell items or game "gold" for real money legit and not have to sneak around breaking rules risking bans, to enjoy "selling" virtual things. Then I thought maybe other people thought the same thing....so I googled vitual items sells USD and saw the neverdie cnd stuff.

I started selling game items for real money when I was a teenager, when it was not even heard about by most people. I paid my rent during my first marriage by gaming, found my second wife by gaming :) but am old enough now and lazy enough that I no longer enjoy the hassle of selling game items in games where they try to stop you from doing it.

I came looking for a legitimate place to profit, but ended up being a place I spend my extra money lol I even farmed diablo 3 at start, to buy a couple clds :)

From rl friend :yay::yay: Years ago he play that game and i joking whit him but now i see how cool is it:yay:

I was in a gay bar, and some guy in glitter thong and leather hat had the website tattoo'd on his arse.

Got told about it from a friend, was way back in 2003 or 2004... maybe 2002 lol

Was a very long time ago anyway... Still enjoy it, even tho I had a breaks from time to time =)

I heard about Project Entopia while I was playing Everquest II back in 2006.
I was a dedicated EQ2 player from launch and after about 2 years it started to get uninteresting FAST.
One of my guild-mates told me about this game he was going to move to because his girlfriend/wife was complaning about how much time/money he was wasting playing games! :laugh:

That game was Tetris.

:silly2: I joined EU shortly after he told me about it because I saw no reason why I should give a company my money if they won't give me an opportunity to earn it back.

In Nov 2005 after Club NeverDie sale article in the paper.

Heard about it from my brother who saw it in ad for a computer magazine in 2005. It was the first mmo I ever tried so it was really awesome at the time, knew nothing at all about the game.
After I sweated up to an axe 1x0 I was so sure I would never need to sweat again, after two mobs with no loot, the axe was broken. Man was I disappointed. After severel full axes I realised that getting more loot then I spend was not guaranteed in this game.
Then one time I died I got healed for 120.0 hp by a man in a hat. I thought wow, I want to heal that much too, so I started skilling with fap-5 thinking I would eventually heal 120 with it haha..Glad a mentor found me eventually :)

I believe the first time was when I read on Gamespot about the beta testing somewhere in 2001, but being a mac user I could not apply because had had no Windows to play it - macs were based on PowerPC cpu back then. The second time was in the early 2005 from some article about Neverdie and Island Girl (surely nothing about asteroids, "investments" or anything like that), probably around the time she passed away. I read up on the game and really liked it, but still had no Windows :). But I was left interested and when a year later Apple released first macs on Intel chips I bought one and signed up right away, and since then have a Windows partition on my macs solely for Entropia :). And never had breaks from it longer than a couple of days.

Friends have told me " now you can depo in game with hoppening to withdraw one time " ))

MMORPG.com under Sci Fi games.

My girlfriend said "IM TIRED OF PLAYING FANTASY GAMES! FIND A SCIFI GAME OR SOMETHING!"

The all caps are intentional. She likes to shout.

Saw an interview on TV with a guy at a gaming convention who made money playing a game online.

MA have never used what maybe considered as mainstream advertising.. OP seems a little naive to assume that MA don't know about advertising... they just don't choose to go mainstream. Why undo a niche market when a niche market prevents global scrutiny.

I don't mean this as a bad thing.. I prefer a "game" (online) that appeals to the kind of minority that EU appeals to. Shame it's gone to shit though.

Last edited by a moderator:
MA have never used what maybe considered as mainstream advertising.. OP seems a little naive to assume that MA don't know about advertising... they just don't choose to go mainstream. Why undo a niche market when a niche market prevents global scrutiny.

Just thought this thread couldn't hurt mate.

Maybe there is a direct correlation how many people heard of the game? Its interesting to read the responses at any point.

I wish I was naive, ignorance is bliss.

Just thought this thread couldn't hurt mate.

Maybe there is a direct correlation how many people heard of the game? Its interesting to read the responses at any point.

I wish I was naive, ignorance is bliss.

Understood completly... just my response to the wording of the post.
I found EU from some random online game search. I don't have any part of any other MMO.. or any other MMO forum and as of recently I no longer "play" EU. yet still I am drawn to this forum... it's a kind of addiction.. addictions are often formed through personal needs of some kind... you do not find IT... IT finds you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Word of mouth from my friend Jerba, tried to get me in several times before I agreed to make a character :ahh:

Back