Where is the ComPet <--> EU Link?

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
There will be a dedicated forum for ComPet soon enough, until such time feel free to stay out of this section if it bothers you so much. Also, if you want a link between EU and ComPet how about the fact that it is a project that was crowdfunded through EU, mostly by Calypso players.

Kim, this is very important and you need to take note. We bought into these Deeds because you said that Compets would be apart of EU to then change the story line and make Compets a completely new game with little to no link with EU. The story line itself HAS NOTHING to do WITH EU. Anyone who may want to play Compets will never know that there IS an EU! You said that Compets would help bring more players into EU....

What you have done in an odd way with your way of BSing us is that if Compets does take off you will need to change EU to align with the story line of Compets since the players from Compets will be expecting a link between the two games.

If we find that there will be no link between the two games will you be willing to refund our money?

Also please move your Compet section of this forum to https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/

Last edited:
Here buddy.
FruNik4.jpg

I have always been under the understanding since the first time I read about compet, the only connection to EU is deed payments and a few of the pets MAY be a one way transaction into compet game.

There has never been any other thing I've read that indicated there would be more then that or a way to bring things into EU from Compet other then deed payments.

EU deed payments cause ped flow from the compet game to come into the EU universe and you can either play EU with that ped or whatever. You MAY be able in the future push tamed pets in EU to the Compet game.

They have never hidden or said differently since the beginning from everything I have understood when I read the articles/news releases.

EU deed payments cause ped flow from the compet game to come into the EU universe and you can either play EU with that ped or whatever. You MAY be able in the future push tamed pets in EU to the Compet game.

Well at least I got you to change your tone on that there is no link now from just a few months ago :)

Need to think about what you just typed. You just said that MA's plan was never to help EU, but the few Deed owners?

From what I understand it, a lot of stable owners invested in them because of Compet? This almost sounds like Hangers all over again. At least we still have some use for the Stables in game, but with MA now pushing us away from EU then you need to think what it is that MA is planning here?

Also, if you want a link between EU and ComPet how about the fact that it is a project that was crowdfunded through EU, mostly by Calypso players.

I would like to add that, as one of the deed holders, aka investors..... I think it is a bad move to start the game with discussions on a completely unrelated forum.

This is not just the sake of us on this forum, but a new player (aka paying customer) interested in Compets who goes to the Compets website and sees no communication information at all, then they find out its on a forum for some real cash economy planet thing...

Confusion is not a good new player experience for any platform.

It lacks a professionalism seeing how that most games would have dedicated site and forums to the game on their own site, not as some sub section of another topic, and another website entirely.

So this rant is not only on the basis of we don't want to see it, but as a deed holder I don't want to see such a bad launch because it lacks professional quality on the social front...which is quite important in today's age.

Well at least I got you to change your tone on that there is no link now from just a few months ago :)

Need to think about what you just typed. You just said that MA's plan was never to help EU, but the few Deed owners?

From what I understand it, a lot of stable owners invested in them because of Compet? This almost sounds like Hangers all over again. At least we still have some use for the Stables in game, but with MA now pushing us away from EU then you need to think what it is that MA is planning here?

In future you MAY be able to transfer pets to compet from EU using Pet Centers. It is not final yet from how they said it from my understanding.

PED in peoples accounts usually mean PED to use in game which means it goes into the loot pool MA says is not there and anyone has the ability to get something out of that. So yes there is a connection the more people spend in the compet game means there will be some of that PED cycling in EU.

There will still be a function to allow pets in EU to be moved / sold to ComPet, this is one of a handful of features that we are still ironing out the final design for. What I was referring to in my post in the other thread was a current link that is relevant now.

Entropia and ComPet are two separate titles with a cross promotional connection between them, this is very much standard practice in the games industry today and that's a reality we have to live with. Because they are different titles we will not alter the art or story of one to get it in line with the other, the goal isn't for them to cannibalize each other.

I would like to add that, as one of the deed holders, aka investors..... I think it is a bad move to start the game with discussions on a completely unrelated forum.

This is not just the sake of us on this forum, but a new player (aka paying customer) interested in Compets who goes to the Compets website and sees no communication information at all, then they find out its on a forum for some real cash economy planet thing...

Confusion is not a good new player experience for any platform.

It lacks a professionalism seeing how that most games would have dedicated site and forums to the game on their own site, not as some sub section of another topic, and another website entirely.

So this rant is not only on the basis of we don't want to see it, but as a deed holder I don't want to see such a bad launch because it lacks professional quality on the social front...which is quite important in today's age.

I would have to agree with you if the game was actually launched, but in fact it has not. We have welcomed stake holders aka deed owners to take part in the final development phase of the game so that we together can make the most of our shared investment.

In future you MAY be able to transfer pets to compet from EU using Pet Centers. It is not final yet from how they said it from my understanding.

Well lets look at this for a bit. Even when MA first stated there WOULD be a link I did question it because the demand could be so high that we would not be able to supply the game with enough pets. Because of this simple fact is why I never thought there would be a link. And as we can see MA was thinking the same.

The only ISSUE is that MA sold us on this idea. Told us that if we bought the stables there would be a link between the games. Even now most think that there will still be a link because they never read the update MA gave about the link MAYBE added sometime in the future.

But putting all that aside the idea was as well that we be able to fight our pets in this browser based game which would have a EU theme that could bring many more to EU thought the use of Compets. But again update after update from MA Compets just seemed to move away from EU with us even getting new pets in EU non-related to the game at hand.

How will all this fix the MU?

There will still be a function to allow pets in EU to be moved / sold to ComPet, this is one of a handful of features that we are still ironing out the final design for. What I was referring to in my post in the other thread was a current link that is relevant now.

Entropia and ComPet are two separate titles with a cross promotional connection between them, this is very much standard practice in the games industry today and that's a reality we have to live with. Because they are different titles we will not alter the art or story of one to get it in line with the other, the goal isn't for them to cannibalize each other.

ComPet Bulletin #1

Why is MindArk creating a separate game on a different platform?
We have learned from our marketing efforts that many potential Entropia Universe participants are lost before even logging in to Entropia Universe due to inadequate computer requirements, internet bandwidth, or other factors. ComPet will give potential participants who are interested in the concept of Entropia Universe’s RCE-MMO but are unable to play the full PC version a chance to experience at least some part of the uniqueness of Entropia Universe.

How does the ComPet app relate to the reimplemented Entropia Universe taming system that was announced not long ago?
As explained in the original ComPet announcement, the ‘traditional’ Entropia Universe taming system that was disabled after Version Update 10.0 will be reimplemented, with some exciting new features. In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players.

ComPet Bulletin #1

Why is MindArk creating a separate game on a different platform?
We have learned from our marketing efforts that many potential Entropia Universe participants are lost before even logging in to Entropia Universe due to inadequate computer requirements, internet bandwidth, or other factors. ComPet will give potential participants who are interested in the concept of Entropia Universe’s RCE-MMO but are unable to play the full PC version a chance to experience at least some part of the uniqueness of Entropia Universe.

How does the ComPet app relate to the reimplemented Entropia Universe taming system that was announced not long ago?
As explained in the original ComPet announcement, the ‘traditional’ Entropia Universe taming system that was disabled after Version Update 10.0 will be reimplemented, with some exciting new features. In additon, the recently auctioned Entropia Universe stables will have the ability to sell pets and services to ComPet players.

You pretty much nailed it down right there.

It's been clear from the beginning that the only "link" between the two would be sales via stables.

It's been clearly stated that there would not be any account linking, or moving of pets back and forth (these were among the first questions anyone asked about it ...).

There are no surprises here.

Would also have to agree that since the only people really interested are currently EU players, and it's (supposed to be) a closed beta for compet deed holders (which requires and EU account) using a dedicated subforum on the largest EU forum in existence is probably pretty reasonable.

I think a lot of people on this forum are "sold on" things they definitely make up in their own heads.

well i think the problem is that there has been a lot of speculations and Mindark never really answered any of these or made an AMA or anything related to giving infos to the playerbase. and that is maybe exactly what they wanted, let the playerbase speculate to get the expectations high to sell the deeds.
problem with that is that the deed prices will go down heavily soon thanks to this. especially thanks to the fact that there will be near to zero return for the deed holders. with that 50 or 40% fee MA takes on each fight i doubt that there will be a lot of people risking real money on that.

None of that is inconsistent with what I have stated.

it seems Oztwo want to point, that game final version should be with connection of selling pets trough stables, not a "some time update" after final version.

and i hope it will be so :)

//mg

well most likely it will be like the typical MA way of handling things (looking at hangars or all the promised space missions etc etc)

just as there are now cld(x) for used up clds, maybe you can do whatever(x) for pets in eu that were converted over to compets?

What would be really cool is the ability to move pets freely back and forth between Entropia and Compets through some terminal or something.

Add a forum to the compet website for god sake, i don't want to come to this forum and all i see on the recent thread section on the home page is threads about compet.

All new game have there own dedicated website and forum set up months if new a year before the product is launched. sure the initial investors come from EU but still this all should be on the compet site not here.

So far everything seems as anticipated from the bulletins.

I just wanted to say on the note regarding communications. In the last few days MA and the compet team have far exceeded my expectations in how this beta launch has been handled and it gives me great confidence in the future development of compets.

It has been brilliant to see so many official posts responding to peoples enquires and engaging in the discussion, there seems to be a real buzz regarding the app from both sides which is really nice to see.

+ rep compet team

I feel like the only thing happening here is that Oz is unhappy with the idea that ComPets is not going to attract players to EU. Well I mean yes... they are separate games and ComPets was spawned from the fact that the people who cannot/do not have the desire to play EU can play it instead. I don't see what the issue is. Kim stated there will be pets imported into ComPet from EU as originally promised and they are working out the finer points of how that system will work.

Everything looks good to me and I see no inconsistencies?

I agree having ComPet forum on here is unprofessional but at the same time, I guess it is okay because we are in closed beta. I don't know, I think every other game in closed beta has a dedicated forum but I don't think it's the end of the world as long as we get a dedicated one soonish (as in before or when open beta comes).

Back