Question: Where to mine, if at all?

Rvalldrgg

Prowler
Society
Synergen
Rvalldrgg Ugly Xerx'iq
Just wondering something:

If i were to do some mining @ CND (like i had before, but this time with some actual results), which dome should i mine in that has small creatures...or maybe none at all?

Also, i only have a OF-211(L), might not have any amps, but should i still mine there?

~Rvalldrgg

@creatures:

eighter check the settings of biodomes in the control room itself or try realityport.com for info

@mining without amps:

less loss, less max find. so in the end your outcome should be the same ROI wise. if your budget is tight, do unamped. you'll probably get less globals than with 109er amps but also 200 nrf in a row will be cheaper.

if you decide to use amps, keep in mind that cnd now has a storage. so load up with cheap amps from planet, then fly up and dump them in the storage there until you use them. same with ress, store up and at the end of your trip grab them all and crawl through tp to sell down.

gl :)

no amps. NO NO NO no.:mad:amp make rvalldrgg mad

dont play at all, the game sucks anyway as it is ......

I do quite well using a OF-211(L) while mining. Its extremely eco and has decent depth.

I don't like CND and just mine the planet, so I can't help you with CND.

I suggest Oshiri, New Switz or Shinook to mine planet side. Those areas have some very nice MU ores. Good luck!

Rvalldrgg been there yesterday and today and several weeks before... I suggest, I really suggest as your soc m8 not to go there, even if you have lots of peds, is it just incredible weak, but if you really want to go there check for "golden" hour and it is when loot is good for several minutes to several hours but after that "NRF session" is coming and what you profited in those golden times (if you will profit) you will lose 2 times faster in the bad session ( only if you are a bugged ava and you will hit something big then no comment ).
I see there 2 to 5 ppls there with amps that get globals and I don`t understand if they profit or not, if they sit there for something big to hit and they don`t care about anything... take care and gl hoffing

Oh cmon.

CND is a coin toss. it says powerhoffing for a reason. when you mine their you either get a nice find or nothing at all.

Hint* Try mining there when their is not a giant hof on the boards.

oh and stop talkin like a cave man. AMPS MAKE OOG MAD! SMASH GRRRR!!!

Save your cash for RL... more fun, better ROI.
Otherwise, GO FOR IT! CND will !!!! your PED card faster than you can say "statutory" but it's as close to an adrenalin rush as I think is possible in EU.
Then again, you could just save a few deposits, go bungy jumping, have more fun, memories and stories to tell your IRL friends!
:wtg:

Oh and FYI. Dont gamble if you cant afford, or cant stand to lose the money.

Oh and FYI. Dont gamble if you cant afford, or cant stand to lose the money.

+1

I'm comming to CND with an OF105 & Tk120 since 3 days. I'm going with 30x OA103 too and i just can aprove what he said.
If you can't afford big lost, dont go to CND (I lost around 2kped en 3 days with these amps)

But without amp, why not.

Gl ;)

I nearly always mine unamped. It helps me discover the good mining areas...then when I find a nice area....sometimes... I try my luck with an amp. Why? Because I want to be able to put my kid through school and I would have a hard time justifying to him that I lost everything on ore amps...however every successful miner on Calypso or at CND will tell you that they mine amped.

My take on it is: Amateurs (like me) mine unamped and Pros like Joe Jeff xxxSquallxxx mine amped. :)

CND mining McB's way

Ok I love CND, it is very much make or break and gives you sometimes much needed adrenaline rush. However, I only go up when my PED card looks fairly healthy and I can afford to gamble a little. The way I do it is craft a few OA-101, buy a couple of OA-104s and OA-103s and head up. In my opinion any dome can be "hot" at any given time, so I do a quick run across a dome with OA-101 and if I'm getting claims I'll smack on the bigger amp and keep my fingers crossed. I was testing dome 10 a few months back and hit vast duru with OA-101 and was cussing whilst extracting because I didn't put a bigger amp on my finder. On the other hand, my system worked really well a few days ago in dome 4 when I hit a few claims with OA-101, switched amps to 104 and got a vast lyst (that took forever to extract, but hey I'm not complaining).
Most important thing to remember is to head straight back down and stay away from CND after you've finished extracting your uber claim. Your lucky streak is noy very likely to continue.

McB

Back