Which TV Sci-Fi series does Entropia remind you of?

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
I'll start. Entropia reminds me of a cross between Blake's 7 and Red Dwarf.

Not Sci-FI but its between There will be blood and Billions.

Reactions: Ted
Love Red Dwarf, happily compare it to it as even after all these years I still go back to it same as EU.
Also, Futurama has some similarities.

Lost in Space
"Danger Will Robinson!! ", gosh so many would be able to play the role of Doctor Smith

Reactions: San
Columbo

Last edited:
Love Red Dwarf, happily compare it to it as even after all these years I still go back to it same as EU.
Also, Futurama has some similarities.
Futurama's a good one. Didn't think of that...

Ready Payer One seems to be right on the money

Firefly! I remember this series everytime I'm looking to buy something from auction.

Naked & Afraid

Gilligan's Island.
Isn't that the one with the boat? Which reminds me that I ended up on a 'revive boat' just south of Medusa island when I flew into a toxic zone ;)

Paradise Hotel with all the drama & naked Avatars running around

Well not Sci Fi but i'd say Seinfeld. A game about nothing. Where nothing happens.

There's a kramer (literally), an elaine (why don't we have an elain avatar), a george (literally) and we all know a Newman. As for traders your all Uncle Leo. Loot complaints, Jerry's dad. Event organisers - George's dad. And so on.

Not a TV series but I'm thinking Event Horizon, in a mental way. Or The Lawnmower Man (what becomes of you under skill development).

2001 an Odyssey in space ... game be like feed me money

While our space based adventures in EU are sort of limited I often see similarities in The Expanse and Entropia Universe. The Expanse has a lot of politics(drama) and resource control with a lot of people who have interdisciplinary skills. Everyone is trying to make their way and find an edge plus there are factions within factions. Some of the teams of people within that show remind me of societies as well where they are all from different places and they all bring something different to the table.

If space combat was even close to The Expanse in EU I think it would be more popular.

the old Twin Peaks always gave me a feeling of Tatoonie from Star Wars, where random gun slingers would wander into town to prove their metal against the big guys...

Not a TV series but I'm thinking Event Horizon, in a mental way. Or The Lawnmower Man (what becomes of you under skill development).
Now that I think of it, there are some similarities between aspects of EU and some of the scenes in The Lawnmower Man. Remember it well...

Reminds me of the sci-fi film The Langoliers - over time we have managed to actually lose some server space and areas, e.g. on Cyrene, but also ofc areas such as Hadesheim and the golf course, but also the labyrinth on AG. Reworked areas such as PA a few times too. Also nice little instances such as the robot one at Jennifer Island.
What will they 'eat' next in the name of progress (and in transition to newly promised wonder graphics)?

Reminds me of the sci-fi film The Langoliers - over time we have managed to actually lose some server space and areas, e.g. on Cyrene, but also ofc areas such as Hadesheim and the golf course, but also the labyrinth on AG. Reworked areas such as PA a few times too. Also nice little instances such as the robot one at Jennifer Island.
What will they 'eat' next in the name of progress (and in transition to newly promised wonder graphics)?
Those big flying rocks with huge teeth make me think of Atrox without bodies! Might give MA some bad ideas for new mobs. Where's Jennifer Island?

Jennifer Island is south of PA - and when boats were a thing people would go from the docks there to the island. It helped PA to feel alive to have people travel from the jetties there. Unfortunately, the instance entrance got taken away and a lovely little nooby robot run along a path you had to remember - including on explosion timer at the end to race back to safety (purely fun, no actual problem with dieing ofc) - was lost! Those dang MA Langoliers...

Langoliers... how did I not think of these first. They are the decision makers from another dimension who, for obscure reasons clouded behind corporate bs lingo, kill designs that were already approved and released. Not referring to Jennifer Island here but the list of destructive choices for arcane reasons is long already and keeps growing. It is utterly reckless in an RCE to not at least attempt to make it comprehensible, especially where it has triggered substantial speculative investments and was clearly designed to do so. Entire servers shut down when the economy doesn't work out don't fall into the same category, sad as it is (Rocktropia was the first example I remember).

Back