White pages online for Scotland?

Camilla-

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi,
Just wanted to hear if anybody could help me.
I need some sort of white pages/yellow pages online for Scotland?
(I am helping my mother finding an old friend she has in Scotland)

As far as I know, there is no such online directory for the UK. If you know the person's name, and address, then you can look up the phone number online, but you cannot find a person's address by name alone.

If it is possible somewhere, then it's likely illegal.

I've not seen a 'white pages' or phone book for more years than i can remember, and I've only been listed in them once, when you could apply your details via the web, so I listed myself as "Lord Jones" instead of "Mr. Jones"

I used my real name tho, rather than Jones, else it wouldnt have been funny.

But I digress.....

uhmm.. it would be hard to find but yes, UK directories (white pages) list name, address, phone number.

It would be in the form X. XXXXX though.. initial surname.

Here is the link you need.. it allows search by Initial + surname... but you need the town / postcode aswell... Does your mother have that? If not, you could try common cities / towns, such as Glasgow / Edinburgh

btw - Just use postcode finding.

Eg, if the intials are C Smith, use Smith C, then in the postcode box write the town / city abbrieviation - im not sure if you know how UK postcodes work - they are Letter, Letter, Number, (Number,) Number, Letter, Letter. I.e, a Hull Postcode would be HU10 6ET, or HU9 6ET

just use the HU part.

Here is a great town-finder if your mother knows the area of UK.

Last edited:
Good luck to your mum, the BT link mentioned by Aio is your best bet - Scotland's not all that heavily populated (compared to U.S) so if you know the town there's a good chance your mum will find her friend.

If you want yellow pages to track a business down in Scotland then www.yell.com is your answer

Back