Votes: 154 56.4%
  • Other

Votes: 60 22.0%

• Total voters

Derid

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Just curious, as I probably never will see the Oil Rig myself.

Who controls it now usually? Is it a soc? A certain group of people?

How do you control it for long time, do they have shift they take to defend the rig or how does it work?

Find this kind of organized PvP for profit very interesting and curious about the people who has made it possible for themselves to control the OR.

How do you control it for long time, do they have shift they take to defend the rig or how does it work?

Find this kind of organized PvP for profit very interesting and curious about the people who has made it possible for themselves to control the OR.

There is nothing like RIG control you are thinking about. RIG is not profitable so its not worth the effort of some coordinated control ;).

Usualy its the same PK bunch of people over and over.. Ocassionaly someone with mod fap, or tons of skills decide to have fun and close the rig.. But its just for few hours max and he dont have any profit from it..

I havent PKed at all in VU10, but there were some really good soc wars before
( like 15 people x 15 people >D ) in that time, you can come and grab your oil because no one is watching the rig itself :d

not much profit there from pk , but pay it a visit and figure out how it works.

cheers

ermik

I dont............... :D

Some group of people who like PK more than profit ;)

not much profit there from pk , but pay it a visit and figure out how it works.

cheers

ermik

*eyes you suspisously*

Ah, now I see it!

*story unfolds*

Derid goes to oil rig, he is exited! :wtg:

Derid feels like a real cool guy with his Opalo in his hands :cowboy:

Ermik lurks in the shadows waiting :smoke:

Derid sees the oil rig! :yay:

Ermik gets ready when he sees the nub closing in :vampire:

Derid sees Ermik and realises this is going to hurt! :scared:

Ermik gets down to business! :handgun:

Ermik wants to end Derid in a classy way :yup:

Derid begs for mercy :bowdown: :rocket: Ermik does not care!

Derid realises it's over :holyshit:

Derid is done for :eek:

Emrik celebrats the kill :shots::beerchug::inbed:

I AM NOT FALLING FOR THAT! :cussing:

;)

sorry, could not help myself

go there with a marber and take pot shots at randoms. only way to learn =)

*eyes you suspisously*

Ah, now I see it!

*story unfolds*

;)

most likely you will be shot yes , but only way to learn more about the rig is to visit it.

cheers

ermik

*eyes you suspisously*

Ah, now I see it!

*story unfolds*

;)

I trust Ermik implicitely, great guy one of the most honourable at the rig:)

Yhea, going to put visit the Rig on my to do list.

I am expecting to be gunned down, but thought about staying at a good range and showing im not after oil etc that I am just visiting to see the place and perhaps chat some with the people.

Hear it's quite rough to just get there tho due to mobs.

Since rig is so close to revive now, it really doesn't matter if you get
killed a lot. You're soon back down there again. :)

Yes its almost to close now to tp i think but went for 1st time since VU10 last week spent 30mins there talking to only 2 others who were exspecting the usual peeps any sec as they put it : ) but just tell who evers there ur just there for a look & dont get to close to the oil it self u should be fine but in saying that i cant talk for others :D

I really should go there and get myself shot a few times.

*eyes you suspisously*

Ah, now I see it!

*story unfolds*

;)

nice story :)

Its little strange that like some say no profit for ubers there but keep guarding it from noobs who have a bit of use from it. And to say its actualy shame that without reason guarding day and night from every low lvl guy who actualy can have couple hours fun shooting mobs after one oil pick up.

Regards
:broke::broke::broke: noobs !

simple

MindArk controls the oil rig, and the amount of ppl that are interested in it, by the amount of oil they let spawn :yay:

how does the spawn work?

is it a set time for a certain amount of spawns of barrels or how it work?

ahhhh the rig

My FAVORITE place (note scarcasm) I've noticed a somewhat regular group who guard the rig. My favorite line... "it's closed" You can just keep running down there over and over and either they might stop killing you or u just annoy the crap out of them. There are times when after I get killed I just cancel the revive box and lay there with my dead body so I can chat to them. So you are "hanging out", but you are just dead. I have gotten oil a few times. It was only like 2-3 ped at a time and it seems to drop like every 10-15 mins if even. It would be profitable if no one messed with you and only had to kill a few noobs in that 15 mins. But it also gets boring. You probably would profit more easily if you just sweated for an hour and sold that sweat.
I don't really get the rig most times. People must "close" it for fun really. How can a group of 4-5 people get any profit from guarding it for hours and getting like 10 ped in oil? I don't know, but I've also never spent hours there. I notice people do seem to have "shifts" they will hand it over to another group and I don't know how they are friend with this other group.

I think.... MA is giving us free stuff. Why do we fight over it this much? We are playing into their hand. We use ammo, decay, and ME to get this oil. If we didn't fight so much we could really get it free. It might be more crowded, but it's like u said. It's not totally easy to get to and I'm saying you have to really spend a lot of time there.
There was a soc called the Rig Closers. I feel like the are gone, but they were just noobs who bought all good gear (marbers, etc) it was a great idea, but they were total tools. Hope this was insightful a little bit. :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Its little strange that like some say no profit for ubers there but keep guarding it from noobs who have a bit of use from it. And to say its actualy shame that without reason guarding day and night from every low lvl guy who actualy can have couple hours fun shooting mobs after one oil pick up.

Regards
:broke::broke::broke: noobs !
Its a profit if you can grab some oil without spending a pec. But is it worth the time?
Unless you are far superior over most of the pkers you wont be left in peace and you generally spend far more than you get from oil. Some pkers just gun people there to let some steam out and maybe get killingspree hof..

It would be profitable if no one messed with you and only had to kill a few noobs in that 15 mins. But it also gets boring. You probably would profit more easily if you just sweated for an hour and sold that sweat.
I don't really get the rig most times. People must "close" it for fun really. How can a group of 4-5 people get any profit from guarding it for hours and getting like 10 ped in oil? I don't know, but I've also never spent hours there. I notice people do seem to have "shifts" they will hand it over to another group and I don't know how they are friend with this other group.
yes they do "shift". its usually caused by bigger predators kicking weaker ones out.. If you take it over for your own self and dont have much bugging in 3-4 hours you make some profit. There are busier times and "dead" hours

Anyone with the...

Balls, Guns, Armour and HP to do it, which means the top 10 socities and a few others...say, about 50 to 100 guys and gals....

Seoul

The new rig is definately worth the trip to go see.

Like others have said, announce yourself and your intentions and for the most part you will live long enough to wander around for a look.

Its a good way to meet some of the higher skilled players as well and maybe get a few questions answered before they get bored of them and kill you.

Then on the other hand there are a few that like to waggle their cocks and kill everything that moves just because they can.

how does the spawn work?

is it a set time for a certain amount of spawns of barrels or how it work?

Picked up the first oil about one month ago. It was a 11ped stack and it ussaly spawn every 20 min or so around the pumping machine.

Go visit it, you can always have a few dodge skills by being killed and if you lucky maybe you could be the fastest click to pick it up.

GL. :)

Magam!

Jamhot

i remember closing the rig with my old society (calypso thunderstruck) was awesome haha. did it just to have some fun and see who would show up lol. back then though you didnt have the TP chips so always had to run back to the rig lol. that was no fun if you got killed there haha. but now days its people with high skills and high hp and nice PK gear that will close it i notice haha. i still like to go down there and have some fun with them though. but i havent played in the past year really so i dont know who would be closing it haha probably the same people.

i think the rig is worth going to see just have to let the people know what you are doing and maybe they wont kill you lol.

[pyrates of Calypso] RAVEN

will have to visit it just one day. Will make a lil story about it, see how many deaths I can have per hour ;)

I am the boss over rig :s

i disagree clearly everyone knows XuXa controls mindark who control the n0obz who controls rig that means i control rig :silly2:
last person to disagree hasnt been found yet :)

i disagree clearly everyone knows XuXa controls mindark who control the n0obz who controls rig that means i control rig :silly2:
last person to disagree hasnt been found yet :)

thats so not true, stop being such a wannabe xuxa.. logging in after me and everything :scratch2:

Back