Votes: 25 15.2%
  • WTF is Vegemite?

Votes: 79 48.2%
  • Never had it but sure it taste good!

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
you people crack me up lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

have you tasted Poo before?

it so dose not taste shit lol just someone cant handle the taste and you dont no what your missing out on if you dont like it!!!!!!
Have i tasted poo before........ i could tell you, but then i would have to kill you:D
Could handle the taste, IF it tasted proper, like Marmite!

This calls for a picture of Ze eating Breakfast. :laugh:
Please, then i will not be the only saddo that posts pictures of his food:laugh:

Definately.
Vegemite HAS to be on warm/hot toast. :)
No! MARMITE has to be on hot toast.

But Bovril is better on toast :yay:
Don't be bloody argumentative! Besides, Lily has something far ickier to put on her toast....

you people crack me up lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You started the thread!

BTW, just had 4 slices of hot, buttered toast, with MARMITE!!!

Stinky:yay:

Please, then i will not be the only saddo that posts pictures of his food:laugh:

:rofl:
Now I'm seriously thinking so Stinky can feel better. :D

*gets a picture of eating a piece of toast w/ vegemite whilst there are 4 more on the plate* :D

Stinky, judging by the picture you posted, the way you spread the Vegemite is all wrong. You didn't put enough butter on your toast. You got to let the Vegemite and butter meld...

Try it again. You'll have a change of heart when you do it right ;)

:laugh:

Gordon Blue is ya mate BUT who's a Farang

Vegemite is great for toast and greesing the toe ball !
Seriously give these culinary delights a go...;)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5oqzzXLKPE[/YOUTUBE]
mmmm dont taste so bad at all:D

Believe me, i put PLENTY of butter on that toast!!

Proper salty butter too, not that plastic margerine stuff........

AND to complete the illusion of not being in Britain, i put on some Aussie folk too....
http://www.mp3.com.au/pennydaviesandrogerilott
Don't laugh, i really like these guys, i have every record they ever recorded! Not bad for a pom.

Think i will go shopping and buy some 'gentlemans relish' and up the stakes a bit:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentleman's_Relish

i have to say i just like it on toast or by its self by the spoon full :D

i think i might go have some now....

and next time you try eating it Stinky hold your nose you will get the better taste out of it :D

the first time i heard of vegemite :D
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew[/YOUTUBE]

the first time i heard of vegemite :D
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew[/YOUTUBE]

You poor poor man. :D

We do have men 6' 4", and yes we will just chuck a vegemite sandwhich if the need arises. :cool:

Has anyone else noticed a slight change in the taste over the last few months?
I mentioned this to my mum on a visit yesterday and she said the same thing..
Its only subtle but we think the recipes been tampered with.no doubt as a cost cutting measure..
Happy little vegemite for the last 45 years:yay:

Has anyone else noticed a slight change in the taste over the last few months?
I mentioned this to my mum on a visit yesterday and she said the same thing..
Its only subtle but we think the recipes been tampered with.no doubt as a cost cutting measure..
Happy little vegemite for the last 45 years:yay:

hmm, I havn't noticed too much. :dunno:

Gonna have to get my paws on some. I am always willing to try new stuff (get your minds out of the gutter! lol). I googled where to buy in the US and i come up with a lot of "vegemite is banned in the US due to folate being in it." Or something like that. I'd love to get a small jar, but $10+ crazy! (w/ shipping). Love to pass it around the family and see who all will give it a try...hehehe...with camera IN HAND!

Now, what are these Tim Tams i am always hearing about that are so glorious? I hear they have released them til March 2010 here...must be a special exclusive item for us Americans. Still haven't seen them, but heard so much about them!

Now, what are these Tim Tams i am always hearing about that are so glorious? I hear they have released them til March 2010 here...must be a special exclusive item for us Americans. Still haven't seen them, but heard so much about them!

Now then, this another one of those Aussie rip offs...
just like Vegemite is a RIP OFF of Marmite, and not as nice......
Fosters is a rip off of Beer, it has no resemblance to Beer at all......
So it's the same with Tim Tams. They are a rip off of Penguins..... these are the real and authentic version:)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(biscuit)
[YOUTUBE]XBZvKZyVIeQ[/YOUTUBE]

So it's the same with Tim Tams. They are a rip off of Penguins..... these are the real and authentic version:)

Id rather suck my milo through a tim tam than through a penguin ewww:eek:

I've been on an epic quest to find some but I have not found any yet. Apparently someone from Australia might be mailing me some :yay: So I might complete my quest.

Now then, this another one of those Aussie rip offs...
just like Vegemite is a RIP OFF of Marmite, and not as nice......
Fosters is a rip off of Beer, it has no resemblance to Beer at all......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(biscuit)
[YOUTUBE]XBZvKZyVIeQ[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, interesting! I have heard much about Tim Tams and nothing about Penguins. Are they as popular over there as Tim Tams are in Aus?

You poor poor man. :D

We do have men 6' 4", and yes we will just chuck a vegemite sandwhich if the need arises. :cool:

True.. although we don't generally waste Beer like that :eek:

Must have been Fosters.. (we export that stuff for a reason :D)

and NOTHING beats Tim Tams :silly2:

Bite off each end and suck up some hot milo through them.. sounds wrong.. but it's Oh So Right :D

Cheers :beerchug:,

Aly

Stinky i think you have been lied to there is no way any of these things could be rip off's all are so great in there own little ways, as for Tims Tams they are the best the chocolate they are covered in just makes my mouth water thinking bout it......

Ok, staying OT, i see we have vegemite at World Market here and i just happen to live about an hour from one. Sooooo....i just may try it soon! :eek:

And we have Milo @ Walmart which i read is chocolatey malt and sweeter than Ovaltine which is malt, no chocolate. And Tim Tams at World Market!!! You aren't reading this cause i am staying OT. hehehe

Ok, staying OT, i see we have vegemite at World Market here and i just happen to live about an hour from one. Sooooo....i just may try it soon! :eek:

thats great :D its just one of them things you have to try before you die if you no what i mean

True.. although we don't generally waste Beer like that :eek:

Must have been Fosters.. (we export that stuff for a reason :D)

and NOTHING beats Tim Tams :silly2:

Bite off each end and suck up some hot milo through them.. sounds wrong.. but it's Oh So Right :D

Cheers :beerchug:,

Aly

Yea, we do export that stuff for a reason. :D
mmmm! I really gotta try Tim Tams with milo, we happen to have a packet in the esky on the veranda. :cool:
No beer wasting!

Now jod, where is Chewy? :D

And we have Milo @ Walmart which i read is chocolatey malt and sweeter than Ovaltine which is malt, no chocolate. And Tim Tams at World Market!!! You aren't reading this cause i am staying OT. hehehe

Cool mate, you HAVE to have your Vegemite like this:
Toast your bread.
Bring your knife, butter and Vegemite to the toaster before it pops
As soon as your toast pops, put on your butter (don't be too sparing)
Put on the Vegemite now.
Eat! :D

Yes, Milo is chocolate malt, ovaltine (whatever, it aint that good) is just boring malt. Buy some Tim Tams too, bite off each end and drink your Milo. :D

See, our food isn't bad. :D
(Stay away from fosters!)

MAybe try and get some Little Creatures from Newcastle. (I still gotta smuggle some up, Xaph where are you?!) :D

well, I suppose...

if the toast was hot enough (say 400 degrees)...

and there was enough butter (maybe 2 sticks per slice)...

then...

IT WOULD STILL BE MOLD IN A CAN!!! :laugh:

maybe try mixing the Vegemite with butter before you put in on lol that taste pretty good

is there anything that tastes nastier than vegemite :scratch2:

if you find it let me know so i can try it :D

Reminds me of the time I stupidly tried Limburger cheese. There is no way to describe how nasty that stuff is. It truly is Concentrated Evil. Worst part is, the smell and taste stay with you for days.

I must ask...why does the toast have to be hot, right from the toaster? And why so much butter...is this to disguise the taste?:eek: Still gonna try it tho.;)

Back