Why and when items stats are NERFED?!

Cerberis

Elite
Society
house of gamers
Cerb Hulk Beris
Hello,
I saw that few monts ago, somewhere in forum people start writing that stats on item was changed makeing it worse then it was. Today i noticed that my Hoverpod Mk3 was made alot less powerfull then it was before! Engine Power was 339.9 HP, and just 163.2 HP now. This is "cheap" (if 2 USD TT and 10USD with MU is so "cheap") limited item, so i not so much care about it, but about fact that one or another item stat was/will be changed...
Now imagine 10 000, 15 000, 20 000 (or more) USD worth item is nerfed... :scratch2: "Everyone happy" :bs:

Hello,
I saw that few monts ago, somewhere in forum people start writing that stats on item was changed makeing it worse then it was. Today i noticed that my Hoverpod Mk3 was made alot less powerfull then it was before! Engine Power was 339.9 HP, and just 163.2 HP now. This is "cheap" (if 2 USD TT and 10USD with MU is so "cheap") limited item, so i not so much care about it, but about fact that one or another item stat was/will be changed...
Now imagine 10 000, 15 000, 20 000 (or more) USD worth item is nerfed... :scratch2: "Everyone happy" :bs:

Agree - it sucks... and gives bad reputation and lost confidence to the game. Espetially that those changes are made without any notice.

On the other hand there are other ways of making UL items loose on markup. Example: creating new item with similar stats to mod fap and making it avaible at TT or drop often from easy mobs.

Basicly those two cases prove that there is no sense in owning expensive (markup) UL gear.

Falagor
:bandit:

I ll sent MA message that they shal leave L items alone and eventualy introduce new ones, but not change stats of already owned items, I suggest all affected to do same. They are not reading forum and think everything is ok.

There was a statement issued on arkadia forum about the changes.

Menace

I ll sent MA message that they shal leave L items alone and eventualy introduce new ones, but not change stats of already owned items, I suggest all affected to do same. They are not reading forum and think everything is ok.

Usualy they dont read support cases too :laugh: But i will too

Last edited:
Whether it's in the release notes, on the forum or anywhere else.

THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT

an item should never be changed in stats, unless it has a bug or can be used for exploiting.

Along with the nerf of some items, we got boost of UL weapons...
What you think about it?

For all players, who is not a level 100 in hunting profession, HA/CHA was increased at all UL weapons.

Oh, u talking abount that. It was done for ALL weapons, including Limited (L). Personaly I think that is not fair agains skilled players too...

Oh, u talking abount that. It was done for ALL weapons, including Limited (L). Personaly I think that is not fair agains skilled players too...

Maybe, but all it is a part of rebalance...and we cant do something

Maybe, but all it is a part of rebalance...and we cant do something

There have been many changes to items in the past, some were good others were not. The current ones (tt to 3% and the ha/cha boost) are ofcourse beneficial for the mid-level players, but there's also the group of ubers who don't benefit from this.

changes to items that spring to mind:

axe 1x0 from 28 to 24 dmg
pre-beta weapons got range removed after you repaired them, later changed to ancient status.
the amplifier got nerfed to half dmg
mobs gained running speed (armax, atrox young etc)
players lost running speed
all old mindforce chips got sib, but ammo changed and eco reduced
clothes and armour 2 pec decay on equip unequip
opalo from 40 to 44? reload
vehicles getting decay on use
bukin's blade reload speed reduced from 86 to 78
ha/cha increase on unlimited non-sib weapons
50% to 3% tt break increase on unlimited sib items
engine power of some vehicles reduced

I'm sure I left out a lot of others. People say it's either adapt or quit. I know a lot of people have quit over some of these changes. But there are also some people who are starting to play again because of some of the later changes.

Last edited:
mobs gained running speed (armax, atrox young etc)

More like all mobs.

And these days robots will run at you, shoot while running and shoot through terrain. :(

And then there have been changes to what's sold in TT/Hades NPCs.

More like all mobs.

And these days robots will run at you, shoot while running and shoot through terrain. :(

And then there have been changes to what's sold in TT/Hades NPCs.

yes.. from sollomate outbacko to sollomate busho to sollomate opalo.
and npc's at hadesheim sold pioneer armour, a-3 punisher I/ep-16 at zychion citadel weapons trader, black pants and colorful clothes at jason centre clothes.

This was actually a good idea. differences in items in the tt at different spots. For example a very hard to reach deluxe center on the other side of the continent in the middle of a pvp lootable area/ hard very aggro mobs area where you can buy opalo+[L] with 10 damage and 50 reload/ pixie + (+1 dmg). Gives the new players incentives to explore and find the secrets. Ofcourse we have that now with different tt items on different planets, but it could also be reintroduced on Calypso.

and npc's at hadesheim sold pioneer armour, a-3 punisher I/ep-16 at zychion citadel weapons trader

When I heard about this (in 2007), I was selling A-3 and EP-16 at auction for TT+1 :)
TT+1 becouse it was full TT :laugh:
And it is almost always sold

this sux so bad. the hoverpod is absolute useless in mining now :-(

yes.. from sollomate outbacko to sollomate busho to sollomate opalo.
and npc's at hadesheim sold pioneer armour, a-3 punisher I/ep-16 at zychion citadel weapons trader, black pants and colorful clothes at jason centre clothes.

This was actually a good idea. differences in items in the tt at different spots. For example a very hard to reach deluxe center on the other side of the continent in the middle of a pvp lootable area/ hard very aggro mobs area where you can buy opalo+[L] with 10 damage and 50 reload/ pixie + (+1 dmg). Gives the new players incentives to explore and find the secrets. Ofcourse we have that now with different tt items on different planets, but it could also be reintroduced on Calypso.

And in beta there were other items. I wasn't around so I can't say exactly, but I know the Justifier Mk.II was available at the TT at one point. But I guess they had to get some fire power into the community some how.

And the Feffoid NPC still had lvl3 enblades long into gold.

this sux so bad. the hoverpod is absolute useless in mining now :-(

It's so ironic. Because a few days before the update I was ingame. And I made a point of having fun, driving around with mine and thinking "this is bound to be nerfed some day".

It's so sad. Because at some inclines I can actually get out and run faster than the hover pod - that's just terrible design. I am all for that they should perhaps not be able to climb vertical walls, but they should still manage a 45 degree incline with few problems.

Back