Why are people not bidding on the eggs?

Kazique

Provider
linus Hitkazique kazi
Im suprised people are not bidding on the eggs. I would assume one could split the egg upp in say 100 shares and sell em for 500-1000 each. it would also make incitament för the people with shares to try to recruit with the link to increase their money gain. I would totally bid on it if i had wrapped eth and do this myself

maybe i am too old
but if you want me to promote your business and receive a percentage as "Introducing Broker" (referral)
you need to pay me, not ask me to pay you.

maybe i am too old
but if you want me to promote your business and receive a percentage as "Introducing Broker" (referral)
You are definitely too old, BUT, I completely agree. I would have bid on the cheapest egg JUST for some silly pet. Anything else that came to it would have been a waste in my hands lmao

People think it’s more complicated than it is too buy..

they should have waited an imbed NFTs into unreal.

There has been a whole list of reasons that take out almost everybody I would say.
It's like there's nobody left - and then some...
In RL the most I genuinely heard someone say in an exchange of arguments was "and ninethly,...". MA is sometimes the equivalent of hanging, drawing, quartering plus a few more for good measure in my opinion.

Looks like 1 person will own 3 out of 5 eggs. I hope he/she plays EU
They do. It's open public information of who has purchased the eggs if there accounts are public.

Im suprised people are not bidding on the eggs. I would assume one could split the egg upp in say 100 shares and sell em for 500-1000 each. it would also make incitament för the people with shares to try to recruit with the link to increase their money gain. I would totally bid on it if i had wrapped eth and do this myself
I was bidding on an egg for that same reason, to add it to my investment service fund as another form income. Sadly I did not get the wrapped ETH in time to bid on the first 2 eggs, and by the time the next 2 were available more people were set up to bid and it became too expensive for me.

I was bidding on an egg for that same reason, to add it to my investment service fund as another form income. Sadly I did not get the wrapped ETH in time to bid on the first 2 eggs, and by the time the next 2 were available more people were set up to bid and it became too expensive for me.
Only one person bid on any and they all went for minimum didn’t they?

Only one person bid on any and they all went for minimum didn’t they?
No, there have been multiple bids on them all ( except currently Caly only has one). The second batch went for more ( and had more bidders) as Xanato said.

The answer in this case is never easy but its a multitude of small reasons that ads up.
-75% of playerbase don't understand what crypto is, don't like updates, new windows, 2fa,social media and after all crypto is scam right?
-The period from announcement from actual sale was way way way way too short for regular entropia player.Based on personal observation regular joe needs between 3 to 5 years to hear about a certain event or sale or implementation or dev note etc.
-There is a huge dilemma for regular joe what they actually get for the money they pay.
Without going too far into this probably the most important reason is the concept that "I don't pay for something to advertise a business" while everywhere else in the internet you get free coupons to bring your friend and you get % amount.
-the rest don't have money for it.

Without going too far into this probably the most important reason is the concept that "I don't pay for something to advertise a business" while everywhere else in the internet you get free coupons to bring your friend and you get % amount.
When even Fremium games do this AND allow you to see the progress of the person you got to sign up. Like...were talking about the crappiest games on the App Store that bring in literal hundreds of millions a year AND THEY HAVE A WORKING FREE REFERRAL PROGRAM.

That's what irritates me the most, that even the GREEDIEST and SCUMMIEST games in the world some how have a better version of a referral program.

The place I bought my 97 Honda Civic from just called me last week to say someone bought a car from them who I referred to them. They asked if I wanted $100 cash or PayPal, I said "I'm too lazy just send me PayPal" 30 seconds later I had $100 in my PayPal.

And this is from a shady car repair place that some how has a license to sell cars.

Shoot they said I didn't even have to buy a car to refer people.

I don't know why everyone else might not be bidding... but I can tell you why I am not and it has nothing to do with crypto.

Mindark has a long history of offering something for sale that was either not developed yet, in the process of being developed, not ready to in game yet etc and did pre-sales only for the item not to be delivered as promised or taking months or in some cases years to be ready.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... shame on me.

And of course the other reason is it seems silly that they want us to bid on the chance to be an affiliate for them. I've done alot of work for various companies over the years and never once did they ask me to pay them money to have the honor of promoting them.

maybe i am too old

This nails the exact reality of the situation. Any other company would pay a promoter to promote their game. MA's idea? Why pay others when you can have people pay you instead for the sheer privilege of promoting your game for you?

And indeed as @RavenJade says

I've done alot of work for various companies over the years and never once did they ask me to pay them money to have the honor of promoting them.

It's kinda genius. I have to take my hat off to them.

Wistrel

I assume obtaining WETH is just a headache for most people and they can't be bothered enough to do it

You need alot of appetite for investment to generate the PR. I made some enquires I was looking at £250k to advertise on rail / underground network for London for x amount of months including artwork. Excluding unknown cost to become an affiliate. The WETH was a pain, but nothing compared to generating meaningful advertising.

People like to know what they are buying. A mystery pet and a referral contract that must be paid for and signed before it is read doesn’t invoke much confidence to the regular investor. The only people that are interested are the same ones that just take a punt on every random shitcoin that pops up to just see what happens.
Since the NFT/crypto bubble has more or less popped by now and many have been caught holding the bag, there is less funds and confidence for speculative projects.

Well I think $13.3k is quite a lot of money for one egg, more than 99% here is willing to put in a game, let alone something as speculative as this.

If they had just put it on the auction under 'real world items' they would have generated more buzz as well as income because more players could bid on it, more players would have the disposable cash already in the game. Even if a player initiated a withdraw the DAY the eggs were announced, they would still be waiting on that money and would have been able to purchase it via WETH. The only thing I could see this as was a fishing expedition for a large youtuber/twitch streamer that would dump a bunch of cash to give it a shot, like a new neverdie or something.

Reactions: Mac
If they had just put it on the auction under 'real world items' they would have generated more buzz as well as income because more players could bid on it, more players would have the disposable cash already in the game. Even if a player initiated a withdraw the DAY the eggs were announced, they would still be waiting on that money and would have been able to purchase it via WETH. The only thing I could see this as was a fishing expedition for a large youtuber/twitch streamer that would dump a bunch of cash to give it a shot, like a new neverdie or something.
entropia and twitch can not stand in the same sentence due to obvious reasons :D

I assume obtaining WETH is just a headache for most people and they can't be bothered enough to do it
pretty much this. there was already a way to sell items within the game in an auction style to interested players and instead they decided to shoehorn in a new unnecessary thing.

maybe itll draw a new player set and i hope that works out but in terms of getting existing players to bid on them they did this pretty much the most complicated way possible

most views i saw on someone's stream (entropia universe) was when euphoria got too much drugs and alcohol mixed and started getting naked, there were maybe 52 viewers xD
Guess you don't look much, Bonnie Wrench, Me and Bunker all have cracked over 100 in the last 2 years. Should check it out. even 50 is good when the player base is only 3000 people

I don't know why everyone else might not be bidding... but I can tell you why I am not and it has nothing to do with crypto.

Mindark has a long history of offering something for sale that was either not developed yet, in the process of being developed, not ready to in game yet etc and did pre-sales only for the item not to be delivered as promised or taking months or in some cases years to be ready.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... shame on me.

And of course the other reason is it seems silly that they want us to bid on the chance to be an affiliate for them. I've done alot of work for various companies over the years and never once did they ask me to pay them money to have the honor of promoting them.
Oh man.. Can't wait to post my final thread. This summarizes most of it.

Here's the thing. Other than having an issue with completing projects they start, if they are not going to advertise their product (adwords don't count, they target wrong people and are scammy), they must have an affiliate system. Throwing out 3-5٪ to get people to advertise them is a win for everyone. Really costs nothing to implement. Somehow they have given big industries affiliate links, some special people affiliate links, akoz tried to do some scheme, but they won't imbed it in the game. Why? Their code suck and can't handle the people they might bring in?

Take take take. People learn to profit to sustain.. nah don't want that.. kill it, nerf it, change the tos to eventually give them an out.

These eggs represent you paying for something that special people got for free all these years. Who's the sucker?

Back