Why Choose NBK ? ? ?

POLE

Guardian
Society
BlackAngles Evolution
Patrick Pole Hyde
Firsty let me introduce myself, I am Patrick POLE Hyde, General and Chairman of the NBK and its armys. In my recruitment thread here you will get the answer to the question asked.. WHY CHOOSE NBK ? ? ?

The NBK is a group of societies within the Entropia Universe dedicated to continuous improvement. We find new players as they enter the game and help them to advance quicker by providing them with help and guidance. As they reach certain skill levels and accomplishments they can advance within the societies and eventually join us in the Natural Born Killers

Within NBK we collectivly have more experience with building and maintaining societies then any other participants in the Entropia Universe. We have experienced every problem that a society can face and have overcome them all.
From the moment a new player enters the game they are recruited into NBK LEGION, our base level society and from there, the path to move up in that society and beyond it is clear. Once they reach the minimum skill requirement of our mid-level society, The NBK, they graduate to that society. From within that section they work hard to reach the requirements of our upper-level society NATURAL BORN KILLERS, they are able to graduate again. This ensures that players are continuously on the same level as the others around them. We also have the NBK ENGINEERS which seek to extend the awareness and appreciation of the Craft, Mining,Taming and Mindforce professions, our members of NBK Engineers are primarily interested in teaching and learning from each other, while others society’s focus on original skill building and development in a less unified way. All members in NBK Engineers are encouraged to share their knowledge and contribute to the discipline of these primary skills: Crafting, Mining, Mindforce and Taming

A member of a society should be just that... a member.
Our society does not revolve around any one member, the society it self is bigger then anyone person, this way the society's future is not dependant upon the success or failure of that one person. We believe that a player should not be held back by others, they should be free to progress as their skills, equipment, and abilities permit them to.
People want to interact with others who are on the same level or higher then they are. There is nothing wrong with that, it just how human nature is… Imagine spending thousands of dollars on your avatar and equipment so you can do the “bigger and better” things in the game. Would you want to stay with a group of people who were unable to do the same things as you? Would you want to stay with a group of people who were unable to go the same places as you? Inevitably the answer is “no”. After all, if your teammates cant do what you are doing or go where you are going then you are truly going there to do it alone because all they can do is watch and cheer for you from the sidelines. Instead of fighting what is inevitable just like every other society does we embrace it and use it to our advantage and by doing that we have turned our greatest weakness into our greatest strength.

If you have just joined the game, never been in a soc, bored of your current soc or just fancy a change of profession, below is the structure of NBK sections and where you would be best placed in our society:

Natural Born Killers:
Minimum Skill Requirement = 85k total skills

The NBK:
Minimum Entry Req = 25k

NBK Legion:
Open to all players of all skill levels who are over 18 years of age.
(Promotion to The NBK offered at 25k skills)

NBK Engineers:
Minimum Entry Req = 20k total skills and Lvl 7 pro standing*
*mindforce, mining, taming and crafting relevent

Last edited:
If I may, would like to ask a question from a different perspective: for a skilled player who easily meets the NBK requirements, what are the benefits of the soc over other top socs?

If I may, would like to ask a question from a different perspective: for a skilled player who easily meets the NBK requirements, what are the benefits of the soc over other top socs?

As well as the personal achievments during your progression through entropia together with the structure upon we build and maintain our armys through the progressive stages of reaching 100k skills or more to enter the top 50 soc Natural Born Killers, it is the drive behind you to achive the next ranks which I belive most societys in entropia lack and would benefit any player changing societys as well as being a very close society even though we are spread across four sections totaling 200+ players.

We have our own MRS rental service, similer to H&R which is growing from week to week with rentals to our NBK sections only and we have many soc shop owners, one of which is a TT shop for our 'newer' player and discounted crafted products from Engineers members for NBK soc only.

Im sure there is a few more benefits I could go thru so I may update this reply:D

:pimp:

The NBK societies are a family, and with that come fringe benefits that are very hard to find in other societies. The main one is just that, though: Family. Let me give an example:

While I was still pretty new to NBK I was trying to get all of the TPs on Amethera. Simple enough, right? Well, something spawned behind me and before I could get more than a few steps I was killed. I revived in the middle of an Atrox paradise. Very clearly above my skills at the time. I mentioned in soc chat that I was stuck and what had me pinned and asked for any suggestions as to how to get the hell out of where I was at. In a very short order, I was told to sit tight and that help was on the way. My rescue party included members from all of the NBK societies, 90% of which I didn't know at all. Through a simple mention of a problem via soc chat, the help came pouring in through FL contacts and other soc chats.

That's only a small part of what it is like to be in the NBK family. We help and support each other across timezones and countries for a common good. Whether it's a rescue (and I've been on both ends of them now), crafting for a big discount for a soc mate, selling at a big discount to a soc mate (my specialty now) or any number of things that we do on a day to day basis, the NBK family is like no other group in Entropia.

Indeed lol why join ?

Regard's
Lee

:laugh:

while you'll never find me a freelancer anytime soon, i must say my friend that is a mighty fine recruitment thread, go pole , go NBK :)

Just a lil BUMP for the society that I call home. and Pole, very nice post +rep

Why ?

Simply beacuse it is and always has been since my first day, always been full of friendly, helpful awsome ppls. As we say here in Sweden None mentioned none forgotten. Im happy to have met all this extreamly nice ppls in All NBK societys from my start in legion until this day. Thx 2 EVERYONE i met in NBK trough the last 2 years. And i hope and wish Lootius will be with u ALL:wtg:

One of the best things about the NBK is that there's people at all levels for you ;)

(+ rep pole, btw are you the overall leader of NBK? i thought it was just engineers. lol)

btw are you the overall leader of NBK?

NBK is the only society to have it's very own full-time Pimp! In addition to a General in each of the NBK societies, Pole is now the General of the armies (over all NBK).

When I first started playing EU I chose to land in New Oxford and found myself stranded. For 2 days I wondered around and eventually found myself stuck on Treasure Island - Castle. There I was lucky enough to run into a group of NBK by the teleport. They immediately accepted me into their society and one of them took me on as a disciple. Had they not stopped and helped me, god knows what would've happened to me.

Now, like others in the game, I began to get bored with EU and decided to leave the NBK and join another society. I spent a couple months in another society before I decided to be a freelancer again. During this time I really got a good perspective of just how great the NBK is and the friends I made while in it. All of my disciples have join the NBK Legion and all have said how great it is and how helpful they are. We share knowledge and there's always someone willing to help when you need a hand. I know that when the call goes out that someone needs a rescue, when I'm in game, it's usually a race to see who can get to the person first.

The NBK is a big family and it's nice having so many friends on at the same time you are. If you have any questions about NBK all you need to do is find a member and ask; we don't bite, well, maybe the1 if he hasn't had his coffee yet! Everything you need to be a part of a great society can be found in the NBK...a great beginner society, a society for non-hunters, a top 50 "most skilled" society, a certified and bonified pimp, and everything in between.

Buckeye

Pole gets my Support 101% - make that TeaTea + 111%:rolleyes:

not sure if i have the skills to join, I'll have to check after my tea break.

458943_421a99d2e4_m.jpeg

Good Luck to it all and you wont go too far wrong with pole behind the Wheel.

Who wants a cuppa
Moonfish

Last edited:
nice advertisement, good markting :)

I click on the ads and wonder what soc is it!!

and can't believe it's my current soc :yay:

DOA in the SKY for Pole!

Pole gets my Support 101% - make that TeaTea + 111%:rolleyes:

not sure if i have the skills to join, I'll have to check after my tea break.

458943_421a99d2e4_m.jpeg

Good Luck to it all and you wont go too far wrong with pole behind the Wheel.

Who wants a cuppa
Moonfish

Thanks for the kind words. Gonna have a cuppa in a few.

And indeed, with Pole behind the wheel you won't go too far wrong... You probably won't get far at all (his banana van is there to prove this) :D

Bring - this - post - up...so what does it make... hmm... free BTPU! :D

Let's add some more sugar into this.

I arrived at Calypso in feb-07. Completely lost in Port Atlantis, couldn't get controls to work, had no directions whatsoever and thought that this may turn out to be a mistake from my part.
Apart from that I immedately picked up a stalker. This guy followed me around and was giving me these annoying messages that he/she/it wanted to chat with me.
So I took of East of PA, this guy followed me and when I got outside the by-turrets-protected zone he simply said: "-May I suggest that you go back before you get yourself killed?"
Got me a reminder there and then not to judge people unheard so, I did go back and stopped to chat with this stalker person in his ugly face mask.
This guy was, and still is, a member of the NBK and he slowly started to help me get the grip of things ingame, he told me about the good and the bad things in EU and gave some hints of what to do in order to survive in this place. One thing lead to another, first I accepted him as my mentor and after a few days I got invited to the society NBK Legion.
And it's about there that this game really got to me. Wonderful, helpful people who did just about anything to make you feel at home and to help you in the right direction. As I progressed in the game and the society I took on disciples of my own and all of them that's still in the game is also still members of the NBK.
Now I've moved up from the legion to the next level in a pretty short time considering that I've kept my depositing to a minimal. What I achieved so far is entirely because of all the help I received and still recieves when I need it, and I try to be a good friend and socmate in order to somehow give something back to the NBK, my family ingame.

It's not possible to mention all good people by name, the list would be to long, but I like to thank one person especially, the guy who showed me the ropes.

Thanks, Blackjack, for mentoring me through the game and for pointing me in the direction towards the NBK.

/ Steve Mischief

All these posts from rabbid NBK members and I do not think your question was really answered. In order for Pole or any NBK leaders to answer that, I think we need to ask what you are looking for.

1) Why do you play EU instead of other games ?

a. As a very large soc, our social interaction encompasses the globe. We have people pretty much in every time zone. We have highly skilled players in every profession, you will always have someone to chat with about something that interests you.

b. One of our goals is to have a self sufficient society. We are in the process of setting up a bp library for our crafters. Miners of all levels in the soc will be able to get a good price for their ores/enmats from our crafters, who then using a higher qr bp will have better success at crafting items. These items can then be sold back to our soc m8's at below market prices.

c. We love team hunts. We love beacons. We pride ourselves at getting members from all levels together to go out n kill something :) We also dont limit our hunts to the planet, we hunt everywhere.

d. We have a tt shop where members donate or sell items to the shop owner for tt. This allows an up and coming NBK'er to purchase an item they want at way below market value. Saving them peds but allowing them to get the equipment they need to continue skilling.

e. We are here to skill and grow but to have fun and save peds at the same time. To accomplish this, we must work as a team at all levels of experience.

Most top socs will state the same goals. A lot of them do succeed at fulfilling them, some do not. The NBK has been through a lot, we have gotten stronger and will continue to do so. My question again to you.. what are you looking for ?

Regards,

Red

Bump for the NBK! I've been in a few societies for my time in EU, and my year and a bit in NBK has been the best time I have ever had in EU! Easily the best soc that I have ever been in, and I don't intend to change any time soon!

Seeing as everybody else is telling how they ran into the NBK i might as well (im bored :p)

I was actually looking to join the Hunters Extreme Cadets and i asked, of all people Pole if he knew them (he was in NBK guard back then). He replied no and then asked, "do you need a mentor?" and i replied yes. He joined me up to the leigion and took me on as a disciple. The best thing is i remember my old friends from leigion 2 years ago.(and they remember me :p) and i recently rejoined as a recruit ( i havent even graduated discipleship yet) and was amazed to find an awesome mix of people.I've also found that im NEVER the only one online in the soc.

BTW where is the NBK shop nw?

EDIT: Hiya JC :D

For me it's all about the Banter, a buzzing soc chat is the sign of a successful soc in my opinion...and since Slick first recruited me into (the then) NBK Army i've improved my typing skills to Arch Mistress :silly2:

Onwards and Upwards....Always NBK :wtg:

Last edited:
I started in another Society (that shall remain nameless) and joined the Legion while still a fairly green noob. Since then I have worked my way up through the Legion and the Guard and will soon be joining the ranks of the NBK Elite Guard (if they will have me!) In all that time I have never been let down by an NBK soc-mate and have seen a level of comradierie I never imagined possible!!! As Fire said, Soc chat is damn near constant! If you need rescue, it is liable to turn into a full-blown soc hunt spanning at least 3 societies and thier afiiliated friends!!!!
Need some advice on crafting, mining, trading or mindforce? We have some of the best in-game in each proffesion. Hunting your preference? Bring it!!! Society hunts are our bread and butter!!!! Doesnt matter if you are on your first day in EU or on your 5th year, we offer something for everyone. The NBK families are just that, family. We stick together and support each other no matter which one of the NBK societies is involved.

If you are looking for someone to have your back and to provide the guidance that is so often missing in other societies, or if you are looking for tight comrades with the same interests as you, don't sell yourself short. Check out the NBK and see what we have to offer wether you are a brand new OJ fresh off the ship or an experienced player looking for an established society that can match your skills, NBK IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!!!

And when you apply, tell 'em Blackjack sent ya!!!!:D

Blackjack :cowboy:

Hi, I've applied to join NBK, but am still in the process of acceptance into the Legion society.

Anyway, I noticed the comment on your homepage about members who start within a particular society must be privates in stats within 30 days, and reach the next level in the society within 30 days as well, or risk dismissal.

Do the total points towards that count each and every non-attribute skill? Including those that aren't your immediate profession?

Also, is there a leniency towards non-donators, or do the same basic rules apply, regardless of commitment to the game?

AHhh so my bud Pole is the Leada of this Huge Family. :D Well Gl to you bro! +rep on the thread.

Back