Question: Why do People Get Upset When you Sweat the Mob that they are Hunting?

Status

wandererp

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Achilles Abe Alberich
I have seen comments in the chat channel in the Entropia client about hunters getting upset when a sweater or sweaters sweat the mob that they are hunting. In fact, I have done that a few times when a hunter is hunting a big mob near where I'm sweating.

The way I look at it is that the hits from the mob get distributed between the hunter and sweater, and that's actually beneficial for both parties. So long as I don't run away and draw the mob away, I'm not interfering with his hunt and is lessening his armor decay.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to why some hunters get upset.

When you sweat the mob I am shooting within few seconds you agro my mob (game mechanics) and if you don't pay attention and run towards a a turret I lose ammo/decay.

Sometimes hunters just want to be on their own, hunt in their own space. Enjoy that moment between hunter and the mob without any other disturbances. Especially if low on peds, or if it's their last run.

Sweaters can be their own enemy at times.
Selecting the next mob themselves, rather than the hunter choosing.
Or if the sweater dies, they activate other mobs when running back.
Sometimes sweaters will run off with your mob, if it attacks them.

Maybe a hunter doesn't want to feel under obligation to protect the sweater.

Truth is it comes down to the mood of the hunter at any particular time or hunt.
I've had hunts when I don't mind sweaters at all, and other times I wish they would just f** off and leave me alone.

That's coming from someone that sweated to level 30, just to see if could.

Rick

I get upset whenever there's a green dot in the small radar circle. (Out in the field, of course, not standing at the storage)

As long as sweater doesnt run off if they got agro'ed on, or expect me to defend them, i dont care if there are 0 or 100 sweaters on the mob.

I used to kill the dry / extra ambus at nea's place when sweaters were crowding that LA.

And yeah, am still a part time sweater, just for the hell of it, lol.

Sometimes hunters just want to be on their own, hunt in their own space. Enjoy that moment between hunter and the mob without any other disturbances. Especially if low on peds, or if it's their last run.

That's almost poetic...I'm feeling a real connection between the hunter and the hunted, as they do their eternal dance of life and death.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I get the message and I'll be careful the next time I want to sweat a hunter's mob.

When you sweat the mob I am shooting within few seconds you agro my mob (game mechanics) and if you don't pay attention and run towards a a turret I lose ammo/decay.

This, and if it's a big mob with low hits I do all kinds of stuff while hunting so if it runs off it means I miss the mob since I don't watch the screen often.

I get upset whenever there's a green dot in the small radar circle. (Out in the field, of course, not standing at the storage)
Me too.... yesterday while I was doing my nexnecis daily, some green dot kept changing his pulling direction to match my own. I react to too-close green dots by putting my back to the green dot before my next pull, yet somehow this one was always getting in front of me anyway. How exactly does that happen when neither hunter is actively trying to muck up the other one's hunt?????
:bs:

Just want to add that all of the above reasons have been true with me more often than not. As with any piece of this game or really any game, you can't just walk up and join in the play without about 30% chance of honking someone off. You have to use your words. You know, like in real life.

That said, one of the founding notions that inspired The Wastelanders was the idea of regular team swunts, and for whatever reason it still has strong appeal to me even though the Wastelander Camp (the location I intended) and even the "noob" rig (the occasion for said swunts) are long gone now.

Last edited:
cause newbies draw them to the tt

and it's the other way around that is a larger problem: noob idiots shooting the monster you are sweating! this happens on ALL planets

Mob agros noob
I have to re-aim
Mob regens
Noobs fault I had to use an extra shot to kill mob
I shoot next mob
Mob agros noob
I stop shooting
Mob kills noob
I'm left in peace :)

Happened to often that sweaters aggroed additonal mobs and tried to unload them on the hunters.
Additional mobs = more heal/def costs = bad

Imho that is the main reason why many hunters don´t like sweaters near their hunting grounds.

before you react, you might wanna read the post you're reacting to first :wise:

The way I look at it is that the hits from the mob get distributed between the hunter and sweater, and that's actually beneficial for both parties. So long as I don't run away and draw the mob away, I'm not interfering with his hunt and is lessening his armor decay.

so, please give another VALID reason.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to why some hunters get upset.

That's because some hunters are a bit autistic and non social people.
They dont like people arond them unless they're completely like minded.

They just want to kill as much and as fast as possible.
Social interacting or green dot distraction makes the autistic hunter feel uncomfortable.

Besides that, they feel like sweaters or some maggots invading their well paid for space.

Thats why.

I'd say, just sweat what you want and where you want it. Just laugh at them if they start to make a fuss out of it. Hell, I'd even follow them all the way over the continent just to bitch them :lolup:

That's because some hunters are a bit autistic and non social people.
They dont like people arond them unless they're completely like minded.

They just want to kill as much and as fast as possible.
Social interacting or green dot distraction makes the autistic hunter feel uncomfortable.

Besides that, they feel like sweaters or some maggots invading their well paid for space.

Thats why.

I'd say, just sweat what you want and where you want it. Just laugh at them if they start to make a fuss out of it. Hell, I'd even follow them all the way over the continent just to bitch them :lolup:

First of all, being an autistic person myself, I would like to politely ask to not make it sound like this is our fault that we were born this way.

Other than that, staying on topic, I think the issue is that the hunter can never know how would the sweater react if the mob aggros him... would he stay or run away (eventually towards the turret with the half shot mob after him), would he potentially aggro more mobs, die then let the hunter in nasty situation himself or not and quite a few other things. Sure, some sweaters can be great people and can do everything properly, but the problem is that not all are like that, so when someone comes and interferes with your hunting that always poses a risk, so is a natural reaction to not be excited about it. So, while for the case clearly presented in the original post there's no real reason for the hunter to be unhappy, the problem is that the hunter can't know (for sure) that he's facing such a case and not a different type of sweater.

If anything, I think that the proper etiquette is for the person joining in to ask if it is OK or not to join and respect the other person's desire, not auto invite himself to the party.

First of all, being an autistic person myself, I would like to politely ask to not make it sound like this is our fault that we were born this way.

Sorry, woke up a bit cranky today :ahh:

Reactions: DoA
Just talk to the hunter and ask him or her whether they mind you sweating along with them. Some will let you sweat with them and some will not and whatever they say you should respect their choice. As mentioned before, there is more than one possible reason why one would prefer to hunt alone.

I would also get upset if some random person comes interfering with my gameplay without even as much as a simple "Hi" and I wouldn't know what they are doing or planning to do. So, I believe hunters who get upset do so more because of the lack of communication rather than the fact you're trying to sweat with them.

as long as they don't interfere for above reasons, luring and turretting the mob.. i don't really care. ive had it before on bigger mobs (bigger as in mobs you wouldn't consider to sweat) and the sweater just kept dying over and over which in a way saved me some decay

I only get annoyed when noobs do this without a word. To have someone else maintaining aggro while you sweat safely is not a right and it grinds my gears when some people just come up and do it and say nothing and don't even ask, as if I wouldn't notice nor care or I'm somehow obligated to help them....

invasion of personal space... goes right up there with kill/steal since that 'noob sweater' may just have a big gun and start shooting to take it at any point, doing over 50% damage. That happens, out comes the little ngl to aggro every dang mob on the LA.

interacting with anything someone else is doing with out permission is rude af

interacting with anything someone else is doing with out permission is rude af
I'm curious about what were you searching that got you to this sweating thread from 3 years ago :D

Some topics are just forever new.
Personally when I am hunting I don't like to see other green dots appear & intrude on my personal space ( which can cover a large area)
I just am a bit autistic that way.
Nevertheless I am aware that I do not "own" anything here so the green dots can be quite within their rights

Status
Back