Why do you play Entropia Universe?

loren

Stalker
Loren
Simple question?

I play for fun. :D

Because I liked the sweating in 2006 and got addicted after.

i play EU because im good at EU :D

Ok :D care to say why your so good? or are you just soo awesome... :rolleyes:

if i said why im good then every one would do the same and then it wouldn't be good anymore would it?

When I don't play, I get agitated. I know I am addicted, chasing that big one...

free beer - nuff said.

I've never played it. Don't know anything about it.

Why do you play Entropia Universe?

:handgun::bull::tower::money::yay::handgun::bull::handgun::bull::broke::lam:

Because I like the rush of pvp4 and FOMA.

I'm not a gambler, never bought lottery tickets, don't know how to play any card game, so don't care about that aspect, but I love Entropia's persistence. It's fun alright, not the funniest thing, there were and will be games much better, but Entropia have and will outlive them all.

I'm that person for whom the most painful moment is when a book and its story ends and you have to start another one. It will take time go grow accustomed to its world and characters and by that time, yeah, it ends too. The same with games - they say that an average lifetime of an online game is 0.7-1.5 years, there are long-livers out there but you don't smell rotting until you speak with their actual participants. I know 3 guys who play WoW and don't know each other (speak different languages), they tell the same story - it became impossible to gather people for a raid (think beacons). Too high players turnover. The whole userbase may still be big, but that does nothing good for you if you lose your partners all the time.

Entropian community, let's face it, is very small, but it's mostly the same faces for years. You don't really need a family of 100 people nor 1000 friends in your phone book, do you? It has enough population to make it rolling and the concept that makes all successes and dramas real. With or without fancy graphics, it makes the game a living model of RL, in which you can participate without lifting your butt off a chair. Ain't it cool?

I guess I still interact with EU because I feel part of the furniture, it’s ingrained into my soul.

The participants are genuinely fantastic, even the heated discussions have their appeal.

We are a special gathering of individuals, that MA has managed to bring together forming friendships from all over the world.

We have a little moan now and again, but only because we love the place.

Group hug

Rick

Ps: imagining Loren riding her horse naked like Lady Godiva (it might be wrong, but it’s hard being a man when the sun is shining)

Because I liked the sweating in 2006 and got addicted after.

I was the same for a few years but the time between logins has gotten longer and longer, at first that was a conscious decision but now it's just normal.

I play because its RCE else I woulnt

I guess I still interact with EU because I feel part of the furniture, it’s ingrained into my soul.

The participants are genuinely fantastic, even the heated discussions have their appeal.

We are a special gathering of individuals, that MA has managed to bring together forming friendships from all over the world.

We have a little moan now and again, but only because we love the place.

Group hug

Rick

Ps: imagining Loren riding her horse naked like Lady Godiva (it might be wrong, but it’s hard being a man when the sun is shining)

I agree! My soc and the community is what's stoping me from quit playing even for a day! Also i know that next mob has my mega hof:sniper:

After I was awakened, to redeem my losses in this game.

I played because my brother played.
I then played to get a global.
I then played to get a Hof.
I then played for fun.
I then played for fun and social side.

Then everyone I know rage quilted/went on breaks/began to play lower.

I then played to make money.
I then stopped playing.
Now I don't play, I log on from time to time check auction for 10mins, maybe talk to old friends for a little, then I log off.

I am waiting for something to happen, which it will I feel it in my gutt!

No other mmo has been able to provide me with the same sense of immersion. This is the only game I've played where I truly identify with my avatar.

I spent 5 years making fun of my RL friends who would come to the bar I ran and start talking in a different language. WTF is a ped, a quad, a sleipnir, Calypso, Argonaut, Marber Bravo Plasma Annihilator, Araneatrox, Atrox.
I would just refill the empties and laugh inside to my self thinking that they should all get a life.

At the time I had a business, a wife and two young children and certainly no time to immerse myself in the game. I do remember creating an avatar at some point (orange clothes WTF is that all about). I ran round aimlessly for a couple of hours then logged off still bewildered by what all the fuss was about. Fast forward to 2011 and the wife has left and I give up the business. I take 3 months off as I have not had a proper break in nearly 10 years, its late 2011 and the graphics card goes on my PC. So I get a new one and some extra RAM and once I have rewatched every sci-fi film every made I start thinking, I have the time now why dont I see what that game they play is all about.

So I phone a friend who comes round and shows me how to download the game. He says ill go home and log on a nd meet you in game. This is where I got addicted.

He loans me a set of VIGI armour a sollomate opallo and 1500 rounds of ammo (so no sweating from first day)
Another RL friend loans me FAP 50 and another an axe. So I run around for a few days shooting stuff and trying to pick up TP's till the ammo runs out.

So my first friend says "Wanna come to another planet", so I say yes, we jumo in his Quad and off we go to RT. Now I cant remeber if we get pirated or if I have CTD but I end up floating in space. I cant "T" anywhere and eventually I post on the forum and 3 days later some nice EU person had me revived on RT SS. Now I could have given up after the 3 days stuck in space and now I stuck on RT SS with no lift and no ped to get down to planet.

This is when I enter the danger zone, I reach for my card and ...... here it comes....wait for it...deposit $10

Damn I am rich. I pay the TP fee down to RT and get driven in a Saehirmir to the stadium.

By now I am totally hooked and spend the next 3 months playing solidly and asking so many questions I am sure the rest of my soc are totally fed up with the noob. EVen once I start working again, all my spare time, when not looking after the kids, is spent in game.

And that is the way it has been ever since, I play cos I love it. After nearly two years sometimes I think I am getting bored then - POW - something will happen and I am right back in there again.

And what makes it so great, Bonnie said it, Its the people, with a very few exceptions everyone I have met has been fantastic.

If you are on my FL in game then hi and thanks and if you are not then you should be.

Massive Thanks to the following AV's

Rooster
Coz
Hing
Clam Boy J
Q
Dilly
Dude
Lokia
Nimea
Izz
Bonnie
New York Rose
Dave Westmorland
Megavolt
All of the Gloryhounds
All of KAOS
All of Age of Enlightenment
All of the crew at Atlas Haven Radio

All the pirates (cos you give us some one to hate - you guys are like Wreck it Ralph in fix-it-felix Junior

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

It´s awesome:yay:

Massive Thanks to the following AV's

Rooster

Clam JBoy

Dilly

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Met these 3 in Bristol, along with Hurricane and some others who don't play any longer but they are all top notch and ya The Hounds made it fun for me :)

I play because I must have a high degree of self-loathing.

Because it has an intelligent player base.

Because I can! ...no wait...I´ve no computer that can handle this awesome game at the moment! and that sucks horses balls...really...

Back