Why I think some creatures get stuck

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
It must happen to most players that some creatures get stuck, resulting in "This creature cannot be damaged" so it can't be finished-off and looted. But why is it that some get stuck between trees, rocks and so on, yet others don't get stuck? This must be due to different creatures having different capabilities.

easy solution....get near it and let it hit you...then it becomes "shootable" again....then you can finish it off and loot it....

Creatures get unreachable when they have agro on you for a certain amount of time but can not attack you. If you find a creature goes unreachable while hunting it, simply walk within its attack range so it can hit you.

Creatures get unreachable when they have agro on you for a certain amount of time but can not attack you. If you find a creature goes unreachable while hunting it, simply walk within its attack range so it can hit you.
Tried this against an argo other day, but then got bounced by a whole bunch of others that spawned right next to me. ;)

Tried this against an argo other day, but then got bounced by a whole bunch of others that spawned right next to me. ;)
Welcome to EU.

This can work in your favour though. As mobs can’t move through each other, If you have the right moves you can use one mob as a shield for the other one, so you only have to take blows from one at a time. Easier with bigger and slower mobs, Argos are fairly zippy.

In fact I believe this is the whole reason why the unreachable mechanic exists. It prevents exploitation. Somebody could just recruit a berycled puny as their own personal body guard and go out and take on the biggest creatures in game without taking damage.

In fact I believe this is the whole reason why the unreachable mechanic exists. It prevents exploitation. Somebody could just recruit a berycled puny as their own personal body guard and go out and take on the biggest creatures in game without taking damage.

It dates back way further than that.

Way back in the day when sweat sold by the pec, not ped/k.
Way back in the day when people trapped mobs on CP, outside phoenix, at the rig etc.

This is also why mobs were given regeneration on HP.

Before these times, i remember killing kreltins on CP, standing on the side letting them run into the pillar and get stuck. Slowly killing them with the legendary mann mph.

Or troxes at the rig... Feffoids at camp phoenix :)

but yeah cool story bro about using a puny mob as a shield, gl kiting that throughout all of calypso to reach your designated "biggest creature" in the game :D

i think everyone who has played the game for a while would know that trapping a mob is 1000x easier than trying to use a puny as a shield mob.

It dates back way further than that.

Way back in the day when sweat sold by the pec, not ped/k.
Way back in the day when people trapped mobs on CP, outside phoenix, at the rig etc.

This is also why mobs were given regeneration on HP.

Before these times, i remember killing kreltins on CP, standing on the side letting them run into the pillar and get stuck. Slowly killing them with the legendary mann mph.

Or troxes at the rig... Feffoids at camp phoenix :)

but yeah cool story bro about using a puny mob as a shield, gl kiting that throughout all of calypso to reach your designated "biggest creature" in the game :D

i think everyone who has played the game for a while would know that trapping a mob is 1000x easier than trying to use a puny as a shield mob.
Sounded like fun times. I wish I started in this game 15 years earlier.

And yeah that puny shield was just an entertaining way to describe the exploit, not necessarily the most practical way of trapping it.

learn to use z and c quick keys. If you run in circles left and right around a mob when surrounded by a bunch of mobs you can spin around the collusion box for the mob you are aiming at so you can hit them from the side and make the other mobs follow you in circles. It looks stupid as hell but it works for moving a bunch of them a little so you can get them reachable again. Yes, there are movement pentalties for fapping so stand still and take the blows as you fap if you have to do that. Some say that walking backwards works best, but I find that side strafing works better since mobs walk in straight lines to their target.

Last edited:
Welcome to EU.

This can work in your favour though. As mobs can’t move through each other, If you have the right moves you can use one mob as a shield for the other one, so you only have to take blows from one at a time. Easier with bigger and slower mobs, Argos are fairly zippy.

Wouldn't this depend on the type of mob seeing as different ones have different aggro ranges? How do you recruit a mob as a body guard?

learn to use z and c quick keys. If you run in circles left and right around a mob when surrounded by a bunch of mobs you can spin around the collusion box for the mob you are aiming at so you can hit them from the side and make the other mobs follow you in circles. It looks stupid as hell but it works for moving a bunch of them a little so you can get them reachable again. Yes, there are movement pentalties for fapping so stand still and take the blows as you fap if you have to do that. Some say that walking backwards works best, but I find that side strafing works better since mobs walk in straight lines to their target.
I've not used the z and c keys, so thanks for the pointer.

poor collision detection programming
Yes, I was thinking a similar thing for some mobs, but it must also be because different mobs have different movement characteristics. I've just noticed many times that certain mobs get stuck but others don't.

Normal games use something called an A* algorithm to do pathfinding for mobs. It's super common and works great and not really that complex in the grand scheme of things. (
)

However, MA is a special breed of lazy. They just have the mobs run right at you and if they get stuck then it's the player's responsibility to get them unstuck.

MA's and MA coder's laziness is legendary.

The argument for this was valid when loot 1.0 existed. Since they changed to loot 2.0 which is based on cost to kill, why would it matter if players are trapping mobs and killing them?

It would turn into a tactic instead of an exploit. After a few players find that special tree or bush that works on the most profitable mobs, MA could fix those specific instances, otherwise it's kind of fair game if a bunch of noobs want to outsmart the pathfinding logic and spend an hour killing a mob with TT weapons.

I've seen times, including in competition instances (mayhem, gold rush) where the mob is unreachable in the middle of nowhere and won't attack you even if you run up to it. So, when you're speed hunting your Next Target key keeps locking onto it unless you spend the time to run far enough away, messing with your competition time. It's just stuck unreachable for no reason.

There's no point. Remove the unreachable mechanic. Let players figure out how to trap mobs and go full in on that as a tactic. It would at least bring some strategy into the game instead of just matching damage types in armor and pressing the F key repeatedly.

Also, ping ponging large mobs with vehicles should also be acceptable. The simple solution is to make flying vehicles take mob damage, then there's cost involved and it becomes a tactic instead of an exploit.

Back