Question: Why isn't there a Mining Codex like hunting?

yes please.

but there are mining missions. its pretty same as codex, isnt it?

but there are mining missions. its pretty same as codex, isnt it?
Not really, there are some "iron" missions , but not for all the ressources, and some u have to unlock, by making other levels from different resources first.

I guess the time it takes for coders to make it compared to the gains MA will get are not worth it, in their books. Else why was this not implimented yet, i wonder...

I feel like this needs a bump, very good idea.

for what ? some of us are 80-90 prospector with no finders for this level

for what ? some of us are 80-90 prospector with no finders for this level

Maybe could get other skills other than mining ...

Could use more mining content.

This is an interesting shift in perspective (or maybe just a small sample size of responses thus far). A few years ago the general sentiment was that mining/crafting missions and events would likely be counterproductive by attracting more people to those professions and killing their markup.

That's why all the current mining missions are for non rare resources. Making a codex for all resources, even for the very rare ones would be crazy hard to achieve with some rare enmatters/ores. Like how many times have you guys found zanderium or tridentine?

Leave it as it is. Plus the mining missions are only for Caly. And I couldn't care less for Calypso mining with stupid waves system.

That's why all the current mining missions are for non rare resources. Making a codex for all resources, even for the very rare ones would be crazy hard to achieve with some rare enmatters/ores. Like how many times have you guys found zanderium or tridentine?

Leave it as it is. Plus the mining missions are only for Caly. And I couldn't care less for Calypso mining with stupid waves system.
There are mining missions on on the other planets, Ark, Cyrene and Next Island for certain. Not sure about RT,or the others. But I agree with the first part of Fanan's post to a certain extent, though both Caly and Ark have mining missions for common resources.

Also the mining missions currently installed give either prospecting, surveying, treasure hunting. Would be nice to see the rank 5/10/15 rewards give some rarer skills to get from mining much like the hunting rewards work, such as engineering, computer, etc

I have asked crafting missions and L stacking for years. I got L stacking, so it's something :D

Now if we had crafting missions, be great! Getting crafting skills to 100 is...well, it's pretty damn hard, maybe even impossible at my rate.

Miners are not a priority evidently.

It kind of sounds like the most recent VU notes are hinting that MA is going to try to move as many missions as possible to the codex, so it's possible this is in the works.

That said, I'm actually kind of content with the current mining iron missions. Especially between the different choices (especially now that enmatter is included), and trying to unlock the different "higher" tier resources, I don't see a need for having the codex on top of it. Replacing them with the codex someday can make sense though.

Back