why players complain about MA/EU?

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
The question i guess is quite simple, not sure the answer is so simple too.

Like old player i have to admit we got a lot of incredible upgrades. Space, planets, graphic, missions, etcetc no one should doubt that we enjoy the upgrades we got overtime.

OFC it should be not forgotten that all this should be never possible without our deposits. Each one can speculate that you can play the game for free, but without we poor, and not poor, depositors, this game would be dead long time ago, and ofc no upgrades.
I think MA first Have to recognize that. And have to recognize that many times his attitude to the players that pay the bills was not always ...opportune.

At this stage of the game, that want to compete with the best MMO/RCE around, I think is time that, one and for all, MA start to listen the players suggestions, whish lists, and also the complains normally knows like whining and cry. Listen doesn t mind to do what people say, but just to discuss about.

About this forum, that after all is The Official Forum of Planet Calypso I dont see who has the power to decide what is a fair complain or a whining.
In the doubt no one should start to say "you are whining", or " it s just a cry", it s offensive, minimalist, arrogant, unfair. Without considering the other offenses ................

In any case MA should be not avoid to discuss whit the base player like never did and actually doesn t.

Like i said we are who pay the bill, an happy customer is someone that will suggest the same product to other potential customers. At this time i would never take the responsibility to bring one of my friends inside EU, he will consider me and all us freaks for sure!!!!

Dunno what is the perfect solution at the complain problem. But if MA don t face it for sure it will not get better.

Last edited:
Because they do stupid stuff like implementing extra functionality for right clicking including aiming, shooting, ranging, following, looting and then deciding right click = left click for everyone just because they can't fix an exploit affecting 5% of the playerbase. Oh and if you ask them, they say it's an amazing new feature and we should enjoy EU better now.

Cyrene launches, all mobs spawn in the same spot all the time, everyone shrugs and then minds their business. One week later they bork half the mob spawns, missions don't work, mining grounds get wasted, takes another week to fix this, even though they put up a mini-patch a day later for some minor insignificant change.

The cost of play at high levels reaches 500$ a month. This frustrates players as they can't "unskill", they don't want to, but they also can't afford to play as much and become dissatisfied and sell out or bitch because they can't enjoy the game. There are very few other games where you need that kind of bank to be a regular high level player.

Need more reasons?

The question i guess is quite simple, not sure the answer is so simple too.

Like old player i have to admit we got a lot of incredible upgrades. Space, planets, graphic, missions, etcetc no one should doubt that we enjoy the upgrades we got overtime.

OFC it should be not forgotten that all this should be never possible without our deposits. Each one can speculate that you can play the game for free, but without we poor, and not poor, depositors, this game would be dead long time ago, and ofc no upgrades.
I think MA first Have to recognize that. And have to recognize that many times his attitude to the players that pay the bills was not always ...opportune.

At this stage of the game, that want to compete with the best MMO/RCE around, I think is time that, one and for all, MA start to listen the players suggestions, whish lists, and also the complains normally knows like whining and cry. Listen doesn t mind to do what people say, but just to discuss about.

About this forum, that after all is The Official Forum of Planet Calypso I dont see who has the power to decide what is a fair complain or a whining.
In the doubt no one should start to say "you are whining", or " it s just a cry", it s offensive, minimalist, arrogant, unfair. Without considering the other offenses ................

In any case MA should be not avoid to discuss whit the base player like never did and actually doesn t.

Like i said we are who pay the bill, an happy customer is someone that will suggest the same product to other potential customers. At this time i would never take the responsibility to bring one of my friends inside EU, he will consider me and all us freaks for sure!!!!

Dunno what is the perfect solution at the complain problem. But if MA don t face it for sure it will not get better.

BINGO!!! ... Too short.

Because they do stupid stuff like implementing extra functionality for right clicking including aiming, shooting, ranging, following, looting and then deciding right click = left click for everyone just because they can't fix an exploit affecting 5% of the playerbase. Oh and if you ask them, they say it's an amazing new feature and we should enjoy EU better now.

Cyrene launches, all mobs spawn in the same spot all the time, everyone shrugs and then minds their business. One week later they bork half the mob spawns, missions don't work, mining grounds get wasted, takes another week to fix this, even though they put up a mini-patch a day later for some minor insignificant change.

The cost of play at high levels reaches 500$ a month. This frustrates players as they can't "unskill", they don't want to, but they also can't afford to play as much and become dissatisfied and sell out or bitch because they can't enjoy the game. There are very few other games where you need that kind of bank to be a regular high level player.

Need more reasons?

If you're that upset, no one is forcing you to keep playing/depositing.

I on the otherhand think that MA has finally been doing things this past year to try and improve the game after not doing much of anything for the other 3 years I've been playing.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

About this forum, that after all is The Official Forum of Planet Calypso
Nope. This forum is owned by 711, i.e. Neomaven... i.e. a participant just like you or I, not Mindark, not whatever the name of the company is that Kim runs that is a branch of Mindark in charge of Calypso's development. This is no more 'official' than any other forum that's owned by a participant.

I do agree, Mindark should listen more. I do think they have done a lot to start doing that, and will do more in the future. However, they are behind the times, in part because of the fact that they have a development pipeline that isn't powered by enough manpower. I personally have seen some of the stuff I've posted in wishlist threads and in support ticket suggestions implemented, but it seems to usually seems to take them about 6+ months to implement changes after they are suggested because they don't make making this place a better place high on priority list. Instead they are working to put out massive fires (exploits, etc.) instead of trying to develop things the right way in a speedy manner... which, in part, I think is due to lack of people to handle all the issues, etc. Things have improved a lot since vu 10 crapped on all of us, but there's still a lot more improvement that could be done.

A 'normal' game development company would have done a "crunch time" BEFORE vu 10 came around. if Mindark did that, it was not apparent, and they've been struggling to just get done what should have been done prior to vu 10 done up til now... and it's still not done. Where is taming? Been gone over 1k day! Are the estates back where they were pre vu 10, nope, and some won't ever be moved back there... we've adapted a little or a lot to the changes, but there's still so much more that coulda, shoulda been done that was not. It is sad to look at promises from 2007 that Marco was throwing out back then that still have not been kept by Mindark. Hopefully things will get better in the future, but only time will tell if it does or if we'll be stuck with the muck for the rest of forever, or until the companies behind the scenes go under, whichever happens first.

Last edited:

A very good summury ! +rep.

its not possible to please everybody its even harder when so much is proprietary or restricted due to concerns with abuse.

its not possible to please everybody its even harder when so much is proprietary or restricted due to concerns with abuse.

:wise:

I think a golden example of that bolded text is the recently complaining thread about beacons...Before people were complaining the return from a beacon run wasn't worth what they were paying for the beacon, of course due to high mv. So...MA does the one thing they can do to help that...increase supply (they can't increase loot as it needs to stay proportional to TT paid) to lower the mv, in which is the problem and what do people do...complain lol. I feel sorry for MA.

I think a golden example of that bolded text is the recently complaining thread about beacons...Before people were complaining the return from a beacon run wasn't worth what they were paying for the beacon, of course due to high mv. So...MA does the one thing they can do to help that...increase supply (they can't increase loot as it needs to stay proportional to TT paid) to lower the mv, in which is the problem and what do people do...complain lol. I feel sorry for MA.

What about that time when MA fixed PVP aim for 5% of the players, but messed up hunting and mining for 95% of the players. When you make 95% of the players annoyed, clearly you can't please anyone.

Oh, wait, that was this week!

The same reason why we complain about our bosses, even if they are not that bad, we love to hate them :silly2:

What about that time when MA fixed PVP aim for 5% of the players, but messed up hunting and mining for 95% of the players. When you make 95% of the players annoyed, clearly you can't please anyone.

Oh, wait, that was this week!

What happened to the rule 711 had about excessive whining?

Send a support case and quit spamming the forum with your complaints.

complaining means people are not satisfied with the service. in other words they feel as if they paid more than the fun was worth. risk was theirs to take of course to raise the penny but MA has stated over and over again that more fun comes with bigger ped card (the best one being UL of course). maybe the words are not 100% true then... :scratch2:

simple solution - deposit only the amount you are willing to lose completely. if you want to have no regrets whatsoever, deposit as little as possible. many who followed that logic became happy again :beerchug:

J.

EU is like weed. People know how bad it is for our wallets and hate the game for it. But they can't let go of the addiction so they continue while deep down knowing this is not what they want to put themselves through if they were to start again from fresh.

EU is like weed. People know how bad it is for our wallets and hate the game for it. But they can't let go of the addiction so they continue while deep down knowing this is not what they want to put themselves through if they were to start again from fresh.

So true...I remember vividly thinking to myself one afternoon, "man you gotta get away from this game before it's too late and you're in too deep". That was almost 3 years ago. :rolleyes:

The few here that do complain, are just more vocal.

But I don't think they represent the larger amount of players that don't even come to the forums, and just play because they enjoy it.

I can understand the desire for control over anything that can be "bad press", and they have every right. They also can be pointed to some issues that do need some work as well. Works both ways I think.

I also understand a forum to be a place with open discussion related to a topic. So yeah it can seem harsh and against my idea of a truly free forum, but can you blame them? Ultimately its their call for whatever reasons, and if you think about it they have plenty of reason.

I get frustrated at times, like everyone, but when I returned I expect it to be a loss, because I love the depth and complexity of the game. It is a truly brilliant concept.

Losses aren't nearly as bad as I projected...but I projected 100% loss so I am not dissappointed )

In the end I consider this is just a waste of money not unlike a movie or subscription game, in return I get the experience and the thrill of entertainment. Sometimes the movie or loot sucks, sometimes its great. I don't have the chance to get some of my money back after the movie though.

When miners used to get + 140 for a beacon or +300 or something like that for the higher lvls...Now they are + 5 or +8 lol....This is a blatant nerf to miners..ok we do get two beacons most times in a loot if we loot them, but it still doesn't add up to + 140 or higher like they used to be...It's just nerfed...I think it was also alot more fun to find the ship kill the drones and loot it also..

When miners used to get + 140 for a beacon or +300 or something like that for the higher lvls...Now they are + 5 or +8 lol....This is a blatant nerf to miners..ok we do get two beacons most times in a loot if we loot them, but it still doesn't add up to + 140 or higher like they used to be...It's just nerfed...I think it was also alot more fun to find the ship kill the drones and loot it also..

If mv's stayed that way with the returns people were getting then the mv would be N/A since eventually every beacon runner would of gotten their fun the first time or 2 then got sick of loss due to paying the initial mv. So no, can't really be called a nerf.

And for the record...my post was intended to point out no matter what they do, someone's gonna bitch :). Thx for the support lol.

If you're that upset, no one is forcing you to keep playing/depositing.

I on the otherhand think that MA has finally been doing things this past year to try and improve the game after not doing much of anything for the other 3 years I've been playing.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Your comment is priceless.The only reason MA started to take notice that they needed to do something was because of your first statement where you say "if you dont like it no one is forcing you to keep playing/depositing. lol And thats whats happening on a large scale! Old players that supported MA up to now have had enough! And thier cashing out! New players just find its to expensive to play.

I’ve always smiled at that opinion that “more fun means bigger ped card”. I’ve heard it before but don’t think I can recollect MA actually stating it (off go the web searchers to prove their point...smiles). This is because I believe fun should be measured in what mob you consider to be challenging....that is only fair as you skill....correct?

Therefore on the opposite side of the debate is if a uber skilled player choose to hunt argo youngs, should that mean a reduced ped card than a player that finds argo youngs challenging?

In other words, this should mean that an uber player would be able to hunt mobs way below their skill level for free!!! If that uber player has to pay more to hunt something challenging and suited to their level.

In my experience the ped swings can be bigger hunting to my personal skill level (say small scips in non L armour), but the ratio of loot is probably just as similar if hunting baby mobs. Maybe even better on bigger mobs as the MU on rarer oils is better.

The real problem is having a ped account to cope with the swings on bigger mobs, as the ped turnover can be fast and quite immense. Now this is where the price for entertainment comes into play. For me I think $100 should be fair play for deposit into a game. But for big mobs and an empty ped card you are probably looking at a good $500 (5000 ped) to get some sort of decent ped cycle going.

This is where I’ve always had a personal problem, because I struggle to accept that that sort of deposit should be necessary. Or put it another way I would probably try it (as a one off), if I trusted my $500 would not be gone in a month or less. So that brings another variable into the scenario, just because you got peds on your ped card, is that a good enough excuse for MA to take it, or would they play fair?

And what is considered fair? Say I deposited $500 to get the cycle going, is that a good enough excuse for MA to say thank you, I’ll take that, give me another $500 in 2 weeks.

I’m glad I started to write this because it opens up for more thoughts. I guess one of those is “transparency”. Lets say MA said look we think that hunting 8 hours a days at level X should cost you X dollars. Then at least you know what your expected costs would be and choose to accept that or not. The unknown is what holds me back, because the risks are too great.

Then add that all uber loots have been reduced (apparently to ease the loot swings, although I’m not convinced), then the measure for risk verses potential reward is a big decision for risking $500

So that means no $500 from Rick, for now at least.

Some will argue: That’s the way it is “if you don’t like it, then don’t play”...then when people get arrogant, then I say don’t play.

It’s a mind game always has been.

Anyhow my emotional attachment took a battering some weeks back, I realised that it is just ones and zeros after-all. Don’t get me wrong, Entropia is very special to me still, money is money might as well debate the realities of our beloved universe.

Rick

I’ve always smiled at that opinion that “more fun means bigger ped card”. I’ve heard it before but don’t think I can recollect MA actually stating it (off go the web searchers to prove their point...smiles).

Rick

Words came from an interview with a high up MA guy . its on youtube . He didnt have the balls to say the whole sentence himself, so he got the intervier to answer . his question "what do you do if you want more fun?" the interviewer answers "pay more?" the ma guy says "right!" and then goes on to boast how other mmos are missing out on revenue (because they dont charge to the max potential) .
a little bit of sick... ect

In a world with the freedom to do what you want, you want to experience as much of that freedom.
When a gaming company starts restricting that freedom, then I whine and complain. Basically I complain when a bit of my freedom I always had gets taken away. There may be logical and really good reasons to take a bit of my freedom away.. but at the end of the day it still got taken away.

Most of the examples of freedom taken away are from distant pasts. the axe1x0 4 damage takeway, the walking speed, the amp can only be equipped on weapons doing twice the amps dmg, the regen mob nerf (unannounced, found out by players) etc etc, lootable space instead of teleporting for a fee. We adapted and moved on. And the last 2 years there weren't many nerfs, only new content, but this year Mindark seems to be back on the nerfing seat. Missions will be nerfed soonish ( On a positive note, it did get announced this time), the-ore-in-mobs nerf, the rmb nerf.

Don't get me wrong:
I think Mindark/planet partners have been doing an awesome job the last few years bringing massive new content to the platform.. and I compliment them for that.

But i dislike taking away things we had for so long. I hate that i can't lie down on the floor for example.

But i dislike taking away things we had for so long. I hate that i can't lie down on the floor for example.
Maybe the ability for avatars to lie down on the floor will come on the vu that taming comes back, and it'll be the same vu that that promised 'clothing upgrade' will come so then the dominatrix types can grab their whips and celibrate by gently whipping the multitudes that have chosen to lie down in their virtual beds.

Need more reasons?

my peds dissepear as snow for the sun these days
i have to deposit 4 times as much for doing the same stuf now
this was a reason for me to play less and deposit half the amount i was use to
i can imagine this is hard for addictive gamblers but i can enjoy many games for 50$ a week

Words came from an interview with a high up MA guy . its on youtube . He didnt have the balls to say the whole sentence himself, so he got the intervier to answer . his question "what do you do if you want more fun?" the interviewer answers "pay more?" the ma guy says "right!" and then goes on to boast how other mmos are missing out on revenue (because they dont charge to the max potential) .
yes and it is a very short sightened view, as companies who don't charge their product to the full potential have way more customers and produce more revenue

No

Need more reasons?

No honesty on MAs "answers" . They could talk mistakes they do all time but choose not.

will lets hope that guy is long gone, or if he is still here wakes up to how the real world. Mind you before the recession kicked in there was a lot of arrogance about.

But when I read on forum Charlie is up to 4:30am reading and replying to posts, and other MA staff are maybe working out of hours and joining the discussion, it does make me feel that this universe is more than just money to Mindark

(i dont like that name anyhow, change it to Mindfuture, rather than have their heads in the Ark at times)

I truely hope it means more than money. They got bills to pay so I've always been happy to pay my way (to a degree), just as long as they push to a limit and play fair, then I will accept that.

yes it is sad some of the things have gone, like lying down lol. It also sad that LR guns are the norm for hunting or even bigger guns. as long as the returns compensate for that then thats ok....then just the ped cycle to try and cope with.

I’ve always smiled at that opinion that “more fun means bigger ped card”. I’ve heard it before but don’t think I can recollect MA actually stating it (off go the web searchers to prove their point...smiles).

@1:08

"It's very much like the real world...
If you wanna have fun, what do you need?"

And yes... as far as I know, David is still at MindArk. :rolleyes:

@1:08

"It's very much like the real world...
If you wanna have fun, what do you need?"

And yes... as far as I know, David is still at MindArk. :rolleyes:

Hey thanks for this video i missed this one.Its an interesting mantra the company seems to have in which what you spend is your responsibility so if we (MA) make this as expensive as we possibly think we can and take from our participants as much as we can in order for them to really "enjoy" the game then its really up to the user to recognize that and then determine what they can and cant afford.>This makes perfect sence to me now considering how every update MA has seemingly focused on what tweak they can come up with that will extract just a bit more ped from your wallet.It also says to me that the players that expect the game to be balanced is not the case as MA reserves the right to do what they want and its up to the user to recognize it.Its an interesting business model.:scratch2:

Back