Why the underwhelming migration this year?

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Hello devs,

This is the most boring migration I have ever seen, nothing is happening.

No Old Fred or Ancient LT.
No Big Bulk invasion.
No gigantic vanguard events.
Nothing new or thrilling, pretty much.

The whole year waiting for "the big summer event" and it run out of steam in the first 2 weeks. Summer is not over yet give us something :)

Cheers.

Agreed! The Migration should be more fun!
It is like they are all to busy playing with the compets to really bother with the main stuff.

(Add more extra hot burrito sauce!)

Agree, loot is dull.

Not that I ever got any previous migrations, but was nice to see uber items dropping.

Give us the Old Fred wave at Argus ffs :mad:

ye,my wife and me love shared loot like hogglo diablo/trox queens/big vanguards/old freds

shhh dont let them stop migration this year!

1707/3k KP on stage 4 - choo choo!

Agreed - Loot is very dull. Not many HOFs, Ubers, and ATHs going around this year as if the loot switch was turned to the lowest setting. Nothing that makes me want to spend all day and an ungodly amount of PED hunting like the previous two years.

Agreed - Loot is very dull. Not many HOFs, Ubers, and ATHs going around this year as if the loot switch was turned to the lowest setting. Nothing that makes me want to spend all day and an ungodly amount of PED hunting like the previous two years.

What did you all think was going to happen because of all the buffs, rings, and such? Less money spilling into the loot pool. Plus, not much of the resources are getting burned up like oils and wools. The cycle of life with the professions is disrupted.

Reactions: das
As others, my guess is the developers were/are prolly putting all their time and energy into Compets. :duh:

Maybe they're seeing if people will keep grinding event mobs even if there's nothing worthwhile to loot.

I still can't figure out why players even participate in migration. No prizes, absolutely terrible markup in the loot, and bad returns in general. Seriously just go grind an LA for a prize or something instead.

Migration is a huge waste of peds

Usually is. In the end, it is usually better to facilitate people's habits than participate in them.

a waste of peds? u mean like with ANY other MA event ever as well? no surprise here. i stopped participating in events long ago. even the ones with prices just give prices to ubers as no categories anymore for non ubers to win. they should have some kind of lottery price that everybody could win who e.g. hunted 100 mobs a day or so...

Agreed! The Migration should be more fun!
It is like they are all to busy playing with the compets to really bother with the main stuff.

(Add more extra hot burrito sauce!)

I think they are to buissy playing pokemon really. So nothing is happening with both compet and EU.

But but but... I can play more during the summer... and past years I used to do a lot of team hunts and had a ton of fun on shared loot events, big robots pew pew pew, Old Fred ratatata pew pew... omg hof ... rare item yay.... pew pew pew

Why are you so lazy this year?

I don't care if loot sucks I want to have fun :(

I agree

Being the King of all Events on all planets, this years migration is boring. No rare hofs, no shared mobs, missing wave events and nothing new that isn't recycled from the years before.

Planet calypso is resting a tad bit too comfortable on their dozing pillar and dont deliver us much stuff that make it worth logging in. :dunno:

I don't care if loot sucks I want to have fun :(

^^ This !

Give us the Old Fred wave at Argus ffs :mad:

I got tired of waiting for Old Fred :mad: so I went to Arkadia instead ! I think the loot is more stable here when there are events at Calypso :beerchug:

What did you all think was going to happen because of all the buffs, rings, and such? Less money spilling into the loot pool. Plus, not much of the resources are getting burned up like oils and wools. The cycle of life with the professions is disrupted.

Not going to start up about less deposit mean less loot for all due to a cap or anything. But will say that MA seems to be more interested these days in short term players who come in and deposit now and again to play the Explosive Projectiles and leave. Then again as others have suggested they are all over developing ComPets while playing pokemon Go on their summer break.

Anyway, I would like to point out that I got my best loot ever while dong the lvl4 LT event this year so as you put it, there is nothing wrong with the game. :)

Not going to start up about less deposit mean less loot for all due to a cap or anything. But will say that MA seems to be more interested these days in short term players who come in and deposit now and again to play the Explosive Projectiles and leave. Then again as others have suggested they are all over developing ComPets while playing pokemon Go on their summer break.

Anyway, I would like to point out that I got my best loot ever while dong the lvl4 LT event this year so as you put it, there is nothing wrong with the game. :)

Wrong on all accounts as usual and it's very passive aggressive to say you aren't mentioning something that you mention anyway.

I have to say this has been the worst migration i have seen of late and the first time i do not feel like participating at all.

What i don't get is why no shared loot spawns, the system etc is all there and despite usual shitty loot people do come and hunt together for the fun of it.

Sadly since they are most probably vacationing they will realize the disaster of a migration this has been after its over.

I've had fun as I am easily amused.
Eomon stage 3 done, LT Bronze about 1/3 done so far. Good (pill assisted) skill gains.

But,
- the RDI amps are a bit sucky. I converted my looted blood samples but there wasn't a real sense of satisfaction or achievement in doing so.
- high level ELM weapons with no MU are depressing to loot. I have looted a few swords way above my level and at 2-400% MU they aren't really worth the risk of listing in auction. I don't mind TTing noobish weapons but it makes me sad to be facing that prospect for SIB 60 to 80. I'm really not a fan of ELM as a concept.

for the 100th time: make events everybody can participate in, not just veterans and high rollers! I'm a raging fanboy of this game, but the event system really is abysmal compared to what I experienced in other games

Tiger really agreed with all this opinions! Migrationa is boooooring, costs a lot of peds to do, small mobs gives ok back in peds I think but it is soooo boooooring that mob after mob just give the same loot back, no surprices, no UL things, to high L weapons (if you received any) just to tt etc.....
I remember having a great time with all peoples at shared events, big or small mobs, old Fred, longteeths, that robots and airplanes that attacks in Ithaca..... Absolutely LOVE that sort of events with everybody also having a chance to sometimes get good loot and fun stuffs! Also miss the old Cape corinth with all this sandy beaches and shared vanguards.
Oh and I really DO HATE that shared events that after hours of hunting and 100% participating gives you skill buffs for one hour :( What in earth shall I do with that, then all my peds are gone and I have a skill for hunting that I never can use or save for later???)
So.... 1. Give us more shared fun 2. Better loot 3. More fun loot and ul stuff 4. Better rewards after event is done 5. Less pills and rings and compets and other new stuff that clearly is only for milking peds from people 6. and I want Cape corinth and Fort Ares and Limnadian back as it was before and a tp at Port Atlantis beach as it was before hehehe
OK complain is completed for this time :) Have fun out there and remember MA have to take a good look about peoples opinions because we are the ones feeding, with money! :)
/Tiger

Even though event is boring then previous, people have spent tons on lockboxes.. I think this is biggest ever.

Ever hear of anecdotal evidence? You just gave it, so I'd hope so. ;)

Migration 2016....

I used to love participating in migration. Even had a ATH from longtooth in the form of a Calytek MKII Ten Edition drop in the 2012 migration. But.....these last couple years, migration continues its decline in loot, interest, and participation on my part. This year, I think I managed ...maybe...4-5 hours on migration before the loot became so dis-interesting to the point that I left Caly and have been on Ark for a month. I intend to go back to Caly soon to give it one last try but my hopes are not high. Also, even if I do well on Eomon or Longtooth, there is no motivating factor to continue hunting them.(the rewards are better elsewhere)
I do better with rewards and loot on Ark and other planets. My ped card is happier when not hunting on Caly. Its sad but true. Before the loot adjustment a couple years ago now, I used to say I needed to go back to Caly to make my ped card healthy again. This is no longer the case, exceptions are HM and MM.
:dunno:

Back