Question: Why tier ”normal stuff”

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
Simple Q, why spend peds on tiering ”normal non high level” gear?

If the mining extractor speed enhancers worked properly, some of the lower level extractors would be worth tiering.

Depends on what you mean by "normal"?
It's way cheaper to tier lower end gear and
you only pay for markup when you tier up stuff so tier 1 and 2 are usually very cheap.
After tier 2 it usually becomes uneconomical to tier most gear though.

Depends on what you mean by "normal"?
It's way cheaper to tier lower end gear and
you only pay for markup when you tier up stuff so tier 1 and 2 are usually very cheap.
After tier 2 it usually becomes uneconomical to tier most gear though.
well, might be cheap to tier low end gear, but it's even much cheaper to upgrade your lower end gear with a bit less lower end gear.
Saves you a lot in tier costs plus enhancers.
So, why not just upgrade your lousy weapon to a lit less lousy weapon instead of tiering?

Last edited:
Some lower lvl armor like pan spec or the enkidd howler s4 as sniper - have lowish tier costs while giving a nice benefit on impact(armor) / range (sniper).
Just because things are tiered doesnt mean they have to have enhancers on them all the time - only put the mu costs on them when you need them.

Just dont tier a lowish armor to then run constantly with enhancers - thats like running L armor...

Some lower lvl armor like pan spec or the enkidd howler s4 as sniper - have lowish tier costs while giving a nice benefit on impact(armor) / range (sniper).
Just because things are tiered doesnt mean they have to have enhancers on them all the time - only put the mu costs on them when you need them.

Just dont tier a lowish armor to then run constantly with enhancers - thats like running L armor...

Yes, range enhancers. Good point!
Indeed, it might be worthwhile to tier a tagger to increase range.

Back in the day I used to tier anything up to tier 2 to gain tiering skills, remember when a tier upgrade could fail. These skills are now removed so there is not much point in tiering just to gain skills that no longer exist. BTW where is the compensation ?

Reactions: Mac
Back in the day I used to tier anything up to tier 2 to gain tiering skills, remember when a tier upgrade could fail. These skills are now removed so there is not much point in tiering just to gain skills that no longer exist. BTW where is the compensation ?
There was order for tier upgrading skill from MA in AH, so that's compensation.

Simple Q, why spend peds on tiering ”normal non high level” gear?

Sometimes it's less expensive to tier an item and get semi decent stats VS wait around for high end gear to hit your price point. I've got a few items that I tiered up to a certain level especially if I've looted the tier comps and items. The higher the tier comp the more I stash those away for high end gear. To each their own what is high level to a new person is completely different the high level to a veteran player.

If the mining extractor speed enhancers worked properly, some of the lower level extractors would be worth tiering.
5id9fd.jpg

:cry::cry:

So, after reading the answers so far my initial feeling seems correct. There is no logical and sane reason for tiering normal stuff. Yet almost all ppl i see use normal gear packed with enhancers on their normal grind. Profiting in an ecosystem with that kind of competition is like stealing candy from kids. 😂😂😂😂

So, after reading the answers so far my initial feeling seems correct. There is no logical and sane reason for tiering normal stuff. Yet almost all ppl i see use normal gear packed with enhancers on their normal grind. Profiting in an ecosystem with that kind of competition is like stealing candy from kids. 😂😂😂😂
There's little to no logic at all in this game 😂

Tiering any item just adds flexibility. There is no hard fast rule that you have to enhance it all the time. When I used to hunt with an Adj VI I always used enhancers because there were no amp options but with other weapons I configure them based on what I am going to hunt and what I hope gain out of type of enhancer used. It's the same with armor and other tools. There were times I stripped all enhancers off my weapons to ratchet down in mob maturity and even hunt with no armor. A person can play EU as tight or loose as they want too. Also some people just take things on because its a mini-goal of sorts even if it seems illogical to others.

Because decay is beautiful...

Tiering any item just adds flexibility. There is no hard fast rule that you have to enhance it all the time. When I used to hunt with an Adj VI I always used enhancers because there were no amp options but with other weapons I configure them based on what I am going to hunt and what I hope gain out of type of enhancer used. It's the same with armor and other tools. There were times I stripped all enhancers off my weapons to ratchet down in mob maturity and even hunt with no armor. A person can play EU as tight or loose as they want too. Also some people just take things on because its a mini-goal of sorts even if it seems illogical to others.

This says it all.

Sometimes its just the little victories to call it a win.

I think I can safely say , that the majority of us here are not playing this at any significant profit.

When I play golf , if i shoot a 106 I don't let that set the narrative of my time. It's that par 4 hole that i drove the green , then blew it on 5 to the hole.

tiering an armor adds defense based on the enhancers put into it.
tiering to T1 and T2 usually is very cheap, T3 component start to cost
enhancers break and add to defense cost in a random amount, too
Ghost itself is a "costly" defense armor, the only advantage is cheap 300 ped MU
but in entropia seldom cheap and good can be used on same item (apart TT Pistol)
against the specific mosnter, Ghost has 47 animal point of defense
and Atrax Alpha is not an issue, small incoming damage for old alpha
a prowler need plating. no tier up can help to reflect on that maturity with ghost
(i hope that Legends, our Armor Guru, agrees and can add more)

I got a peeshooter enigma L2 that I can run at tier5 with 87dps. This gun cost 4k ish. What does the UL alternative cost me that does 87dps unenhanced (15%speed buff)? That's my reason.

I got a peeshooter enigma L2 that I can run at tier5 with 87dps. This gun cost 4k ish. What does the UL alternative cost me that does 87dps unenhanced (15%speed buff)? That's my reason.
Yes but in context of ppl buying loot 2.0 guns for 200k just to get 1-2% more tt return the added cost on normal gear usage you give as an example simply gets ridiculus. Just buy L stuff at the dps level you need with decent eff and lowish mu and hunt markup.

Yes but in context of ppl buying loot 2.0 guns for 200k just to get 1-2% more tt return the added cost on normal gear usage you give as an example simply gets ridiculus. Just buy L stuff at the dps level you need with decent eff and lowish mu and hunt markup.
There's no cheap L gear to use that would give me more. The Armatrix 2.0 guns at 120-130% give me more than 101% mu cost and burning a gun each day at 120-130 isn't sustainable. Either is getting a 200k gun.

If I tier ordinary stuff is because I can. :D Meaning if I have the ingridients I can do that, not always but it happens.
The day I go back to only hunt for eco its good to have a ton of alternatives. ;)

If I tier ordinary stuff is because I can. :D Meaning if I have the ingridients I can do that, not always but it happens.
The day I go back to only hunt for eco its good to have a ton of alternatives. ;)
The only alternative to hunting is depositing money. You can no longer play this game from sweating with ridicules low prices. Sweating is one of the many things which is dead.

Back